Kid reviews for The Cosby Show

The Cosby Show Poster Image

Hey, hey, hey, it's Fat Albert!

Fun 80s show, a little innuendo

Overall the show is great, but not all of it is for kids. If your child is young enough, many of the innuendos will fly over their heads, but definitely not yours. There is some drug use in this show, Theo brings home a joint in his book (he is unaware) but it turns out to belong to a classmate. Sexual content in almost every episode, the worst being Rudy who is embarrassed about her first period, and the fact her breasts are not coming in "fast enough" Some language, I think d**n is used twice, and the Lord's name is taken in vain a few times.

The Cosby Show Is Good For Families, But Sometimes It Is Not As Innocent As It Seems

I like The Cosby Show, my parents like The Cosby Show, and my siblings like The Cosby Show. It can have some really sweet moments in the show but sometimes, there can be some things that you may not want young children to be exposed to. There is drinking and drugs in the show. In one episode, Cliff and his friend discuss about the friends daughter, who had been doing drugs and how it was destroying the friends family. You may want to skip this episode if you think you or any young children will be too sensitive to see this episode but it can also be a great learning experience about how you should not do drugs and drugs can destroy your family. There was also an episode where Vanessa and her friends got drunk while playing a game. You may not want you or your child to be exposed to this but it can also be a great learning experience about peer pressure and how you should not drink alcohol, especially underage. There is also an episode where the family gets into a dispute about Martin's (Denise's husband) batchelor party, because Theo was wanting to hire a stripper for the batchelor party. There is also an episode where Rudy is starting her first day of school in the 6th grade and she is worried about not looking as "maturely developed" (her breasts had not fully developed and she was self conscious about it) as the other girls in her grade. This is episode could be a bit awkward for some children and families but it is another episode you could use as a learning experience for a child about puberty and accepting your body the way it is. In the show, Denise marries a man that has a three year old daughter from a previous relationship. Some young children may be confused of why the little girl calls Denise, "Denise" instead of, "Mom". You may have to explain to young children about divorce and step parents. There is also episodes that touch other subjects like, teen pregnancy, stealing, learning disabilities, bad friends, and loved ones in the Army. There is more throughout the series that you may not want to expose to young children or you may just want to have a talk with them about it. I would let children who are at least 10 watch the show but that is only my opinion.

Classic TV, One Of My Favorites!

My parents introduced me to The Cosby Show when I was about 9 and I still love it! It's truly suitable for all ages but older kids will enjoy it more. The messages and role models are great! The characters are (mainly) wholesome and silly but still firm. The Huxtables teach their lessons well and sweetly to their children (young and older). Absolutely no violence, and if so, comical. I don't remember a single curse word used! Some episodes feature teenagers making out passionately or dating, but in the later episodes, characters start considering sex. Some sexual jokes between the parents and the married children. Overall, an amazing family show! A must-watch for all!

Family Friendly!

About as family Friendly as you can get. The show promotes love. Father and mother work hard for the family. Kids are wild, but in the end it's they all get along. Very funny! Father and mother kiss in bed. Teenagers kissing.

A Great Classic TV Show

It may be considered outdated and old-fashioned to today's kids and teens. But I think it's great! Not as good as Full House and Saved By the Bell, IMO, but still great. It's humorous, but nothing inappropriate or adult-oriented. Bill Cosby as Cliff Huxable is absolutely hilarious. The kids are terrific and relatable. They go through things many kids and teens go through today. First relationships, kisses, first days of school, learning the true meaning of death, smoking, failing a class, etc. The kids do things they're not allowed to do behind their parents' back, but they ALWAYS learn a lesson at the end. So yeah it's a terrific TV show. It's on Hulu Plus and it still show reruns on cable. If you haven't watched it, watch it! I promise you won't be disappointed!

Great Show!

This is a great show for families! There are a FEW sexual refferences, but overall it's wonderful seeing Cliff Huxtable teach his children how to be good people throughout the series.

awesome

i love this show i watch it all the time its hilarious Bill Cosby makes the show very funny it is very educational like the vanessa and her girlfriends lie to their parents about a sleepover at Susan's they actually go to baltimore the parents find out and vanessa was in big trouble, the kids call each mild names but i love it too bad the show has stopped

The Cosby Show

The Cosby Show is a great show any kid of any age could watch this show. It teaches a lesson almost at the end of every episode.

The Best Family Show

Great family show. Hilarious but has lessons.