All teen and kid member reviews for The Fairly OddParents

Teen, 13 years old Written byBritneyBritney July 20, 2012

Good cartoon went downhill after having fairy baby

I honestly used to love The Fairly Odd Parents. But everything went down hill after they had that stupid baby. Now it's just terrible and Cosmo and Wanda spend all their time with the fairy baby and all it says is "poof poof!" I don't know what the writers were thinking! It doesn't add anything to the show, all it does is take away how great it used to be.
Teen, 17 years old Written byibarncat April 5, 2012

Creative and fun, with occasional good social commentary

Unfortunately, most people who looked at the title were probably thinking, "What? That show had no social commentary. Social commentary in kids shows died with Invader ZIM." Wrong. And even if that's true, that still doesn't affect this show because they premiered on the same day. All digressions aside, this was a good clever show. The premise, although it seems all too easy for Hartman to have thought of, works well because it allows practically a limitless amount of possible episode ideas. But what makes it even better is the fact that it sets up the show to expose the ups and downs of kids' lives, and it certainly did so very well, although the Oh Yeah Cartoons shorts and the first season aren't quite as sharp in this manner. In any case, the show was filled with many pop culture references and parodies (Lifestyles of the Rich and Wasteful), occasional odd satirical moments you don't see in most kids shows (a mob chasing the weatherman with pitchforks and torches just because his predictions of the weather were wrong), and the show also had some one hour movies that were more touching, more epic, and more funny than the movies of, say, Jimmy Neutron or Rocket Power. For example, the School's Out movie had a hilarious parody of summer institutions that substituted schools, a one-time character who was supposed to be a clown but was raised by the Pixies to be a businessman and gets very confused when he finds out who his parents are, and an absolutely hilarious parody of overly sappy love songs when Cosmo and Wanda are forced to go to jail. And that's not even quite everything that happened. So I have established my point that the pre-Poof episodes were witty and classic. But what is my opinion about episodes made after the show was resumed in 2008? I think most of them are still good, but a few have been disappointing and are missing the sharpness that dominated the show in its earlier years. But there are still brilliant ones, though. For example, one episode had Timmy's parents discover Poof and think he was an alien baby with powers like Superman was supposed to be. They quickly get their focus off of Timmy and blame him whenever something bad happens to Poof. So while Poof may be a bit too much of a plot point in some ways, as the YouTube ranter pieguyrulz once cleverly pointed out, he hasn't ruined the show entirely and age and Nick's new all-silliness policy are probably more to blame.
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2012

it was great till poof came along....

THIS SHOW USE TO BE A GOOD SHOW BUT THEN A UGLY BALL CAME IN CALLED POOF!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 24, 2012

Old episodes=GREAT!!!!!!! New episodes=NOT SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fairly OddParents was once a quirky and funny show,but after Poof was born,the show went to trash! The episodes became ANNOYING!
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2012

Ruined in 2008.

This used tp be the all-time ultimate Show. 2008 came and suddenly ruined the show... at the EXACT same time Phineas and Ferb came out. Poof. Racisim to Morbidly Obese People. And WAY too many running gags! AGH! I can't stand the episodes after 2004 anymore!
Kid, 9 years old June 28, 2012

good

wanda is for both positive roll model and messages
Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2011

crap

Teen, 14 years old Written bymambobird March 28, 2011
this show is terrible;the concept is annoying and immature
Kid, 10 years old June 18, 2012

Stop over Reacting,

Seriously, What is up with the "Not for kids" Ratings? Might not be the most appropriate, but at LEAST 8&Up. Positive Messages: 2/5 The main charecter, Timmy, normally leans a lesson at the end of each episode. Sex: 1/5 He has a crush on a girl named Trixie. Also, Tootie has a crush on him. Plus, one episode, Cosmo, a boy, has a baby... Funny show, just not the best. STOP OVEREACTING!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiercoles748 June 10, 2012

BORING

Most boring show ever!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMr. Beiber July 14, 2011

Bad role models but good show!

I loved this show ever since it first came to nickelodeon! Cosmo, Vicky, and Crocker are all bad role models. Even the fairy that wears an army suit. I don't know his name but he is a bad role model. Lots of rough housing and fighting, Heavy cartoon violence. But It is still very funny.
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2011

Great lessons and show for younger kids.

Mild "iffy" stuff includes uses of "darn" "dang" and "loser" is probably harshest. Mild flirting between Timmy and his girlfriend. Brief mild violence involving magic and superheroes/villains. Timmy gets into tough situations and gets help from his friends, parents, and imagination. Excellent show for younger viewers.
Kid, 12 years old May 15, 2011

Well, I seriously do not have a title to put here except to read my review!

What can I say it is a Nick show. It is very funny. Most of the jokes come in the form of irony. There is plenty of slapstick cartoon violence. Characters sometimes get injured but they recover like in 5 seconds. A bit of language, but not the cursing kind. There is some sexy behavior too. A character refers to himself as sexy. Some flirting. There is also a long episode where one of the male fairy characters had a baby. But what can I say, they are fairies so they try to make them a little weird and random.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 15, 2011

It was a funny and cute, then Poof came and ruined the show.

I liked this show and thought it was funny. The Poof came, and the comedy stopped. On of the dumb jokes; Wanda: "and I'm Cosmo! Look a frying pan! *hits self* aahhhh.. *faints*" Same-old same-old. On the newer episodes I say to myself on the jokes, "Like I haven't heard that one before". Well would you look at that, just like Spongebob.
Kid, 11 years old April 10, 2011

How does a baby name Poof ruin a good show? You guys are Crazy!!!!

What is wrong with you people? Poof did not ruin the show. How does a baby ruin a show? Its better than Jimmy Neutron and Spongebob. The only thing that is ruining the show is these horrid reviews its getting. Its really entertaining, Spongebob and The Amazing World of Gumball are the shows that used to be funny and are lame now. And Cosmo? He's at the same percentage as he used to be when he was stupid. He's stupider now. That's funny. Not making the show lame. Timmy is still miserable like he used to be. Everything is like how it used to be on the show. I am very disappointed in you guys for those horrid reviews.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEricCarrRulez February 8, 2011
Great show.Ages 5+
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2011

Lessons

This show is cute. Yeah, it's not the best show in the world, but you know. Timmy's wishes often go wrong, so he learns a lesson. That's what I think.
Teen, 13 years old Written byharleynakoa April 9, 2008

Good show, Bad for youg kids under 8...

This is a great TV show for kids a little bit older, It does have the word sexy alot, Sexy is used often in some episodes.I think this TV show is for children 8 and up...But it is a great show.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydanny 7000 March 2, 2016

the fairly odd parents is not for little kids

i think the fairly odd parents is a amazing show the old episodes were classic and the new episodes are not for little kids because it has gotten darker Vicky actually tries to kill Timmy by burying him and sentencing him to a ape dressed as a executioner chasing him with a knife and mace and in one episode she wants to violently rip his throat out and vicky knocks timmy out with a frying pan and puts him in a comma and crocker also wants timmy dead and in one episode tries to run him over and kill him with a train and its very vilonte timmys dad rips off his face and you can see his skull and anti sparky cuts foop in half with his lazer tail and you see his flesh and it has more child abuse like a flashback where timmys parents leave him on top of their car as a baby and they drive away and he falls off and theirs a episode where timmys dad walks out naked in front of sparky and they have cell phones and one episode is about timmy turning into a emo and it just appeals more to preteens and teens now with that being said i think the new episodes of the fairly odd parents are more for preteens and young teens and i dont reccomend it for anyone under the age of 13
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 23, 2012

Good lord, man!

This show is just straight up weird. The show's scenes move faster than Johnny Test. It REALLY gets boring too. Spongebob has gotten gay over the years, but any episode is better than this show.