All teen and kid member reviews for The Fairly OddParents

Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2012

it was great till poof came along....

THIS SHOW USE TO BE A GOOD SHOW BUT THEN A UGLY BALL CAME IN CALLED POOF!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byibarncat April 5, 2012

Creative and fun, with occasional good social commentary

Unfortunately, most people who looked at the title were probably thinking, "What? That show had no social commentary. Social commentary in kids shows died with Invader ZIM." Wrong. And even if that's true, that still doesn't affect this show because they premiered on the same day. All digressions aside, this was a good clever show. The premise, although it seems all too easy for Hartman to have thought of, works well because it allows practically a limitless amount of possible episode ideas. But what makes it even better is the fact that it sets up the show to expose the ups and downs of kids' lives, and it certainly did so very well, although the Oh Yeah Cartoons shorts and the first season aren't quite as sharp in this manner. In any case, the show was filled with many pop culture references and parodies (Lifestyles of the Rich and Wasteful), occasional odd satirical moments you don't see in most kids shows (a mob chasing the weatherman with pitchforks and torches just because his predictions of the weather were wrong), and the show also had some one hour movies that were more touching, more epic, and more funny than the movies of, say, Jimmy Neutron or Rocket Power. For example, the School's Out movie had a hilarious parody of summer institutions that substituted schools, a one-time character who was supposed to be a clown but was raised by the Pixies to be a businessman and gets very confused when he finds out who his parents are, and an absolutely hilarious parody of overly sappy love songs when Cosmo and Wanda are forced to go to jail. And that's not even quite everything that happened. So I have established my point that the pre-Poof episodes were witty and classic. But what is my opinion about episodes made after the show was resumed in 2008? I think most of them are still good, but a few have been disappointing and are missing the sharpness that dominated the show in its earlier years. But there are still brilliant ones, though. For example, one episode had Timmy's parents discover Poof and think he was an alien baby with powers like Superman was supposed to be. They quickly get their focus off of Timmy and blame him whenever something bad happens to Poof. So while Poof may be a bit too much of a plot point in some ways, as the YouTube ranter pieguyrulz once cleverly pointed out, he hasn't ruined the show entirely and age and Nick's new all-silliness policy are probably more to blame.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 24, 2012

Old episodes=GREAT!!!!!!! New episodes=NOT SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fairly OddParents was once a quirky and funny show,but after Poof was born,the show went to trash! The episodes became ANNOYING!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBritneyBritney July 20, 2012

Good cartoon went downhill after having fairy baby

I honestly used to love The Fairly Odd Parents. But everything went down hill after they had that stupid baby. Now it's just terrible and Cosmo and Wanda spend all their time with the fairy baby and all it says is "poof poof!" I don't know what the writers were thinking! It doesn't add anything to the show, all it does is take away how great it used to be.
Kid, 12 years old May 15, 2011

Well, I seriously do not have a title to put here except to read my review!

What can I say it is a Nick show. It is very funny. Most of the jokes come in the form of irony. There is plenty of slapstick cartoon violence. Characters sometimes get injured but they recover like in 5 seconds. A bit of language, but not the cursing kind. There is some sexy behavior too. A character refers to himself as sexy. Some flirting. There is also a long episode where one of the male fairy characters had a baby. But what can I say, they are fairies so they try to make them a little weird and random.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 15, 2011

It was a funny and cute, then Poof came and ruined the show.

I liked this show and thought it was funny. The Poof came, and the comedy stopped. On of the dumb jokes; Wanda: "and I'm Cosmo! Look a frying pan! *hits self* aahhhh.. *faints*" Same-old same-old. On the newer episodes I say to myself on the jokes, "Like I haven't heard that one before". Well would you look at that, just like Spongebob.
Kid, 11 years old April 10, 2011

How does a baby name Poof ruin a good show? You guys are Crazy!!!!

What is wrong with you people? Poof did not ruin the show. How does a baby ruin a show? Its better than Jimmy Neutron and Spongebob. The only thing that is ruining the show is these horrid reviews its getting. Its really entertaining, Spongebob and The Amazing World of Gumball are the shows that used to be funny and are lame now. And Cosmo? He's at the same percentage as he used to be when he was stupid. He's stupider now. That's funny. Not making the show lame. Timmy is still miserable like he used to be. Everything is like how it used to be on the show. I am very disappointed in you guys for those horrid reviews.
Teen, 13 years old Written byharleynakoa April 9, 2008

Good show, Bad for youg kids under 8...

This is a great TV show for kids a little bit older, It does have the word sexy alot, Sexy is used often in some episodes.I think this TV show is for children 8 and up...But it is a great show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byExplosionoftheSun May 6, 2012

Downhill Disappointment

Like almost everyone said on here, the show really went downhill. The show is still airing older episodes and that is the only good parts. The show's humor has went out the window, and the plot line went to the trash. The show was semi-good until Poof came around. I liked when they brought in Poof until I realized he was replacing other good aspects of the show. For example: 1. Since Poof came, where did Chester and AJ go? They were pretty funny. 2. Since Poof came, where did all of the anti-fairies go? They were replaced by really one anti-fairy named Foop. And Anti-Cosmo was one of my favorites. 3. Since Poof came, Vicki is barely on. 4. And so on. I liked the Poof chararcter but for these it can't be compromised.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydagnytheartist January 18, 2011

not as good as it used to be

I really wish I could put +2 and "positive messages", but the show has changed too much. I've watched this show for a long time, once even claiming it was my favorite, but now it's really changed. They still have the lessons at the end, but to get to the lesson you have to go through a bunch of bad stuff. In "Bad Heir Day" Timmy is babysitting baby fairy Poof and loses him. After risking his life searching for him, Wanda and Cosmo (his parents) find him before Timmy does. They get mad at Timmy and send him back to the Rabid Animal Zoo, a place he had gone to look for Poof, and Timmy was once again eaten by rabid alligators. If you buy the old "Season 1" and "Season 2" dvds though, the show was actually pretty good back then. But now it lost it's "magical" feeling and became more of an "action show". The characters talk really fast so things can happen all in one episode, but I have to watch the same episode three times to eventually understand what they're saying (not a problem, since Nickelodeon chooses to put reruns up anyway) I would say if you want your kid to watch this, first let them watch the old episodes than they can decide if it's worth their time watching the current seasons. The only reason i watch it anymore is to see how the characters are doing.
Teen, 16 years old Written byartificialfruit April 9, 2008

...

Overall, this is a pretty good show. Timmy is funny and usually good hearted, and almost always learns a valuable lesson. Most of the characters on this show are exaggerated versions of stereotypes, which is one of the funny things about the show. I read the reveiw where someones complaint was Cosmo and Wanda's relationship. But, as many episodes show, they really do love each other a lot. The whole disfunctional relationship thing is there to add to the humor, not to "give the show an edge". Please. Its for little kids. Not the best, but an overall good kids show.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysalmanw April 12, 2016

New version is better!

Most kids say when Poof came, he ruined the show, but the comedy started! Before Cosmo & Timmy's Dad were the only laughing stocks. But it got funnier. Vicky doesn't come anymore, and everybody got funny. Timmy, Mr. Crocker, Jorgen, Timmy's Mom, even Wanda got funny, but there are some problems. First of all, why is there an weak, goofy, Anti-Jorgen, and Butch, seriously, why did you add Chloe? it was good without her.
Kid, 9 years old February 14, 2016

The most amazing fantasy show ever!

I think it's the most amazing fantasy show ever, because it is hilarious it's appropriate. But the new dog Sparky is ruinning the whole show. There's just no point of him being in the show. Matter a fact the dog Sparky makes the show stupider, so he's the worst, and I know some people agree with me a lot. Besides Sparky, all the new characters make the show even better. It's just the worthless old dog that has to ruin everthing. I hate that stupid sparky! Hate him.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybigandbaguy February 2, 2016

Kid, 9 years old June 28, 2012

good

wanda is for both positive roll model and messages
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow June 19, 2012

Whimsical and funny for both young and old

This is my favorite no doubt my favorite Nickelodeon cartoon. It is zany and fast-paced, with lots of crazy slapstick and a gleeful tone. There are positive messages as Timmy always learns his lesson after making a foolish wish, and some episodes, such as "Just Dessert", even offer some educational value. While there is some peril as Timmy sometimes makes dangerous wishes, most of the violence is presented in a tongue-in-cheek manner. There is also some suggestive humor that may worry parents, but will please older audiences, like me. A sweet and genuinly funny series that still entertains!
Kid, 10 years old June 18, 2012

Stop over Reacting,

Seriously, What is up with the "Not for kids" Ratings? Might not be the most appropriate, but at LEAST 8&Up. Positive Messages: 2/5 The main charecter, Timmy, normally leans a lesson at the end of each episode. Sex: 1/5 He has a crush on a girl named Trixie. Also, Tootie has a crush on him. Plus, one episode, Cosmo, a boy, has a baby... Funny show, just not the best. STOP OVEREACTING!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiercoles748 June 10, 2012

BORING

Most boring show ever!!
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2012

Ruined in 2008.

This used tp be the all-time ultimate Show. 2008 came and suddenly ruined the show... at the EXACT same time Phineas and Ferb came out. Poof. Racisim to Morbidly Obese People. And WAY too many running gags! AGH! I can't stand the episodes after 2004 anymore!
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 27, 2012

FOP is a really creative show.

I absolutly love The FairlyOddParents.It's got zany fun for all cartoon lovers.The jokes are really funny and the voice acting is really solid.So this show joins the ranks of SpongeBob,Hey Arnold,The Simpsons,Jimmy Nuetron,and My Little Pony:Friendship Is Magic.I hope the show will last forever (and the ones I mentioned before).This show can blow the brains of Nick News,anytime,anywhere.