All teen and kid member reviews for The Fairly OddParents

Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2012

it was great till poof came along....

THIS SHOW USE TO BE A GOOD SHOW BUT THEN A UGLY BALL CAME IN CALLED POOF!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byibarncat April 5, 2012

Creative and fun, with occasional good social commentary

Unfortunately, most people who looked at the title were probably thinking, "What? That show had no social commentary. Social commentary in kids shows died with Invader ZIM." Wrong. And even if that's true, that still doesn't affect this show because they premiered on the same day. All digressions aside, this was a good clever show. The premise, although it seems all too easy for Hartman to have thought of, works well because it allows practically a limitless amount of possible episode ideas. But what makes it even better is the fact that it sets up the show to expose the ups and downs of kids' lives, and it certainly did so very well, although the Oh Yeah Cartoons shorts and the first season aren't quite as sharp in this manner. In any case, the show was filled with many pop culture references and parodies (Lifestyles of the Rich and Wasteful), occasional odd satirical moments you don't see in most kids shows (a mob chasing the weatherman with pitchforks and torches just because his predictions of the weather were wrong), and the show also had some one hour movies that were more touching, more epic, and more funny than the movies of, say, Jimmy Neutron or Rocket Power. For example, the School's Out movie had a hilarious parody of summer institutions that substituted schools, a one-time character who was supposed to be a clown but was raised by the Pixies to be a businessman and gets very confused when he finds out who his parents are, and an absolutely hilarious parody of overly sappy love songs when Cosmo and Wanda are forced to go to jail. And that's not even quite everything that happened. So I have established my point that the pre-Poof episodes were witty and classic. But what is my opinion about episodes made after the show was resumed in 2008? I think most of them are still good, but a few have been disappointing and are missing the sharpness that dominated the show in its earlier years. But there are still brilliant ones, though. For example, one episode had Timmy's parents discover Poof and think he was an alien baby with powers like Superman was supposed to be. They quickly get their focus off of Timmy and blame him whenever something bad happens to Poof. So while Poof may be a bit too much of a plot point in some ways, as the YouTube ranter pieguyrulz once cleverly pointed out, he hasn't ruined the show entirely and age and Nick's new all-silliness policy are probably more to blame.
Kid, 12 years old May 15, 2011

Well, I seriously do not have a title to put here except to read my review!

What can I say it is a Nick show. It is very funny. Most of the jokes come in the form of irony. There is plenty of slapstick cartoon violence. Characters sometimes get injured but they recover like in 5 seconds. A bit of language, but not the cursing kind. There is some sexy behavior too. A character refers to himself as sexy. Some flirting. There is also a long episode where one of the male fairy characters had a baby. But what can I say, they are fairies so they try to make them a little weird and random.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez April 15, 2011

It was a funny and cute, then Poof came and ruined the show.

I liked this show and thought it was funny. The Poof came, and the comedy stopped. On of the dumb jokes; Wanda: "and I'm Cosmo! Look a frying pan! *hits self* aahhhh.. *faints*" Same-old same-old. On the newer episodes I say to myself on the jokes, "Like I haven't heard that one before". Well would you look at that, just like Spongebob.
Kid, 11 years old April 10, 2011

How does a baby name Poof ruin a good show? You guys are Crazy!!!!

What is wrong with you people? Poof did not ruin the show. How does a baby ruin a show? Its better than Jimmy Neutron and Spongebob. The only thing that is ruining the show is these horrid reviews its getting. Its really entertaining, Spongebob and The Amazing World of Gumball are the shows that used to be funny and are lame now. And Cosmo? He's at the same percentage as he used to be when he was stupid. He's stupider now. That's funny. Not making the show lame. Timmy is still miserable like he used to be. Everything is like how it used to be on the show. I am very disappointed in you guys for those horrid reviews.
Teen, 13 years old Written byharleynakoa April 9, 2008

Good show, Bad for youg kids under 8...

This is a great TV show for kids a little bit older, It does have the word sexy alot, Sexy is used often in some episodes.I think this TV show is for children 8 and up...But it is a great show.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydagnytheartist January 18, 2011

not as good as it used to be

I really wish I could put +2 and "positive messages", but the show has changed too much. I've watched this show for a long time, once even claiming it was my favorite, but now it's really changed. They still have the lessons at the end, but to get to the lesson you have to go through a bunch of bad stuff. In "Bad Heir Day" Timmy is babysitting baby fairy Poof and loses him. After risking his life searching for him, Wanda and Cosmo (his parents) find him before Timmy does. They get mad at Timmy and send him back to the Rabid Animal Zoo, a place he had gone to look for Poof, and Timmy was once again eaten by rabid alligators. If you buy the old "Season 1" and "Season 2" dvds though, the show was actually pretty good back then. But now it lost it's "magical" feeling and became more of an "action show". The characters talk really fast so things can happen all in one episode, but I have to watch the same episode three times to eventually understand what they're saying (not a problem, since Nickelodeon chooses to put reruns up anyway) I would say if you want your kid to watch this, first let them watch the old episodes than they can decide if it's worth their time watching the current seasons. The only reason i watch it anymore is to see how the characters are doing.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 24, 2012

Old episodes=GREAT!!!!!!! New episodes=NOT SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fairly OddParents was once a quirky and funny show,but after Poof was born,the show went to trash! The episodes became ANNOYING!
Kid, 10 years old June 18, 2012

Stop over Reacting,

Seriously, What is up with the "Not for kids" Ratings? Might not be the most appropriate, but at LEAST 8&Up. Positive Messages: 2/5 The main charecter, Timmy, normally leans a lesson at the end of each episode. Sex: 1/5 He has a crush on a girl named Trixie. Also, Tootie has a crush on him. Plus, one episode, Cosmo, a boy, has a baby... Funny show, just not the best. STOP OVEREACTING!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiercoles748 June 10, 2012

BORING

Most boring show ever!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 27, 2012

FOP is a really creative show.

I absolutly love The FairlyOddParents.It's got zany fun for all cartoon lovers.The jokes are really funny and the voice acting is really solid.So this show joins the ranks of SpongeBob,Hey Arnold,The Simpsons,Jimmy Nuetron,and My Little Pony:Friendship Is Magic.I hope the show will last forever (and the ones I mentioned before).This show can blow the brains of Nick News,anytime,anywhere.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMister Awesome888 September 4, 2011

Really Good Carton

Great cartoon I always thought it was better than Spongebob. Though if you watch that then your sure to be interested in this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byi<3edwardculln123 August 22, 2011

can be good

true timmy does back talk to adults and insult his freinds but he has almost evry right to sense he has been neglegted by his parents and was givin a crule babysitter. and whenever he does do something he ends up paying for it. so in the end the show is alrite and u parents need to lightin up they will learn worse in school unless u want them to be the weird homeschololed freak on the street.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTethys August 14, 2011

A Good Show For Any Age

I grew up with this show, and I think it's great for any age. The characters are funny, the show is silly, and each episode is wacky, and fun to watch. Although Timmy could be rash and selfish with a wish in the beginning of an episode, he can usually fix it in the end, and learn his lesson. The show doesn't teach anything bad to young children. Whoever's saying 7 and 8 are overreacting. I must have been watching this show since Kindergarten! Cosmo's stupidity made me laugh as a kid, and Wanda's nagging was funny. When I was little used to doodle my own little characters who had fairy god parents. The idea of being able to grant any wish intrigued me as a kid, even though I was aware that this was fiction. I named my 2 goldfish Cosmo and Wanda. I remember whenever my brothers and I watched this one episode, we used to laugh at this pillow in the shape of a pony's head that they called Mr. Nay Nay. They have minor language like "stupid" and "idiot", and in an episode or 2 they say "sexy", but that's pretty much it. If there was any innuendo, it must have went right over my head as a kid. There's no reason not to let your kids watch this show, I'm sure they'll love it. (:
Kid, 10 years old July 22, 2011

crap

Teen, 13 years old Written byMr. Beiber July 14, 2011

Bad role models but good show!

I loved this show ever since it first came to nickelodeon! Cosmo, Vicky, and Crocker are all bad role models. Even the fairy that wears an army suit. I don't know his name but he is a bad role model. Lots of rough housing and fighting, Heavy cartoon violence. But It is still very funny.
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2011

Great lessons and show for younger kids.

Mild "iffy" stuff includes uses of "darn" "dang" and "loser" is probably harshest. Mild flirting between Timmy and his girlfriend. Brief mild violence involving magic and superheroes/villains. Timmy gets into tough situations and gets help from his friends, parents, and imagination. Excellent show for younger viewers.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymambobird March 28, 2011
this show is terrible;the concept is annoying and immature
Kid, 9 years old March 18, 2011

Creative and original show teaches some messages to kids.

When this show is on, most episodes teach Timmy a lesson.His fairy godparents grants his wishes and whenever he makes a bad wish, he usually learns a lesson.Cosmo and Wanda are his godparents, Cosmo is basically married to Wanda and he pretty much does dumb things.He is referred as a moron by Wanda.The violence, some explosions, a lot of roughhousing, characters sometimes get injured, but not seriously.The launguage is ''Stupid'' ''Idiot'' ''Moron'' and ''Dumb'' and ''Butt''.The sex, another fairy named Juandissimo, has a crush on Wanda and he is sometimes exposed without his shirt, always saying he is ''Sexy''.A good show for laughs, awesome show for family, one of the best Nick shows.
Kid, 9 years old March 4, 2011
On The First Two Seasons It Was Good Now T_T OK I Found That Somebody Accused Mark Chang Of The F Bomb IT WAS FUNK NOT F--- I Heard On Here Timmy Said Sucks Wanda Frequently Call His Husband an Idiot! Juandissismo Says Hes "sexy"