All parent member reviews for The Fall

Educator and Parent Written bymoviemom5 December 29, 2013

Viewer beware, this is a disturbing show.

The review given by the website says older teens and adults could get “creeped out together” by this show. The review even described it as fairly non-violent. Watching women die, even if not in a Tarantino style, should still be considered violent. While it is very well produced I would not recommend this as casual viewing and if it were a movie I would expect it to be rated R. The sex scenes are juxtaposed with rape and violence, the main character’s dominance of her co-workers is compared with that of the sociopath, who is shown ritually murdering women and then returning home to bathe and feed his children. The story is deliberately disturbing and the series does not offer the viewer resolution at the conclusion of the season. The show is saturated with questions aimed at promoting relativism and the side-by-side shots of normal and abhorrent activities feels meant to cheapen human life and reduce all human actions to self-gratification. I found it overall a disturbing experience. Having been a fan of the Prime Suspect mini-series I gave this a try, but director of Prime Suspect's cinematic techniques were not used to promote a crass and cheap view of human life.
Parent of a 6, 6, 11, and 14 year old Written byopenparent November 24, 2013

Watch more than the first episode CSM

This is a very well done show, and the acting is extremely good. However, it seems as though common sense media only watched the first episode, as, almost immediately in the second episode, there is a prolonged, semi graphic sex scene. It's fully clothed but still. None the less, mature fourteen year olds, can definitely handle the show.
Adult Written byjamief2 December 9, 2014

Nudity

I was shocked that no reviews mentioned the murdered woman in the very first episode being completely nude. I rely on review to give me a heads up on these things and that was completely left out. A lot of these shows are turning out like Dexter where every female murdered has to be nude. Not a fan.