Kid reviews for The Golden Girls

Funny senior housemates crack wise; teens and up.

Teen, 14 years old Written bysophia1896 July 28, 2017

Lovely Show, Not for Young Children

I absolutely love The Golden Girls, my favorite sitcom. It is very funny, entertaining, and relatable, but there are too many references, both sexual and not, that a young audience simply would not get. Many episode, if not most are family friendly, however there are almost alwayys sexual references and talk about sex, ect. Great show though.

Teen, 16 years old Written bywizardortitan June 11, 2017

Bawdy yet wholesome at the same time.

The Golden Girls may have a number of wisecracks and sexual innuendoes in every episode, but it feels so much cleaner and more feel-good then a lot of modern sitcoms. As the CSM review mentioned, the show wasn't afraid to approach difficult subject matter in a mature and respectful fashion. The innuendo isn't in-your-face and will likely fly over a child's head. (It's also worth noting that the repeats specifically on the Hallmark Channel mute/cut some of the language and innuendo for the youngest of audiences.)

Teen, 14 years old Written byDogcat April 26, 2020
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavispittman December 13, 2016

My favorite sitcom ever!

The Golden Girls is a hilarious classic sitcom with sweet endearing characters. Blanche, Rose, Dorothy, and Sophia are all so great with their comedy and never fail to make me fall over laughing. Not only is the comedy great but it also presents great positive messages about women and older people. There are episodes that tackle big serous issues too, issues like the acceptance of gay people, the importance of friendship, aids, and the rights of women. It is a pretty liberal, but I'm pretty liberal too so it's not a problem for me. Overall this is a great choice if you're looking for a laugh out loud hilarious sitcom with great characters and occasional touching moments.

Kid, 9 years old July 22, 2016

Seen better, but it`s good

This show is pretty funhy, younger kids might get bored though and it gets into relationships between boyfriend and girlfriend. Other than that, I don`t think there`s much in there. There might be occasional swearing, though.
Kid, 12 years old February 23, 2016

This show is great!

This show is hilarious and it can be heartwarming. The show is based on 4 seniors living together in Florida. Betty White stars as Rose, Rue McClanahan as Blanche, Estelle Getty as Sophia and Bea Arthur as Dorothy. It is a great show, but there can be some inappropriate content for kids under 10 or 11. This is a classic!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolteenager01 July 11, 2014

Good Show But You Should Wait Until You're A Little Older To Understand It

I think this show is good for families. I was surprised about what I've read on Common Sense Media, this show really is a family show. My suggestion is to go watch it if you hit the age of puberty. However, if you didn't hit the age of puberty yet, I suggest that you watch it with your parents and they'll explain what some of the things they said mean.

Kid, 10 years old November 7, 2013
My ancestors are from Sicily too LOL I <3 it why do so many people say it's stupid

Kid, 8 years old August 27, 2012

...

i luv golden girls :D
Kid, 9 years old August 6, 2012

Love It !

I love this show ! I thought I would never like old shows but apparently I was wrong ! My mum showed it to me and I thought that Rose and Sophia were pretty funny ! There are some things adult I don't understand but when I ask my mum says no its and adult thing and i go on ! Its a pretty good show !

Teen, 16 years old Written byUSCTrojan June 2, 2012

For Early Teens, Teens, and Adults

Teen, 14 years old Written bydancegirl3697 August 29, 2011

FUNNY! FUNNY! FUNNY!

I really enjoy this show. It of course has the amazing Betty White in it! Its just the simple. but crazy life of 4 older women that live together. There are some sexual content at times, and mild language, but this is a very cute and funny show.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDanish Lover August 24, 2011

BEST SHOW EVER

One of the most AMAZING Shows ever made. Hilarious all the way through but some things may be inapropriate

Kid, 10 years old June 18, 2011
ilove this show the first time i saw it i asked my mom and said i could definatley see it it was my moms fave show when she was my age i love the nanny and its so like the nannny it has a little bit of relationships aand such so it may not be very good for kids under ten but ten is a fantastic age to see it <3 the show!!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written byMissWorld February 12, 2011

Perfect for everyone :)

I love this show. I remember watching this when I was 2 or 3 at my grandma's house.

Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011
one of my fave shows ever. me and my parents both like it.its hilarious.teens and older people will be able to get better then young kids though

Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina October 1, 2010

My favorite show

I love this show, it always makes me feel good when I'm upset. I watched it when I was younger, I even have DVD's. I can't explain how wonderful this show is, you'll have to watch it. Its funny, the characters are caring, well written, just watch the show. My family laughs when we see it, my dad even watched it. :)

Teen, 14 years old Written byjazzyhaddad123 ... July 10, 2010

no, not for kids under 13 or 14 in my house

ther'e should bestuff inapprorpiate, i mean find inappropriate or so.
Kid, -1 years old June 18, 2010

TV-MA

Kid, 12 years old April 30, 2010
this is a really funny show im truth because i watched every single one