Kid reviews for The Good Doctor

Doc on autism spectrum defies prejudices in medical drama.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPandaman1234 November 1, 2017

Rating + Review

this show is very relatable as I too have autism and many aspects of Shaun's life appeared in mine like his increased sensitivity to noise and how he fidgets with things in a manner only found in people with autism when he is stressed with life and/or things going on around him. My parents haven't aloud me to watch this show but I still watch it in secret as I find the main character very relatable and a good role model for kids who may also have autism. In conclusion this show gave me a sense that every child with autism wishes they had so much of... The sense that they are not alone. Many kids with autism seem to not fit in with people whether it be at work, school or at home and this show gives them a sense that it is alright to be different in ways that most others could not comprehend.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysnowflake8983 October 27, 2017

Amazing!!!

This show in my opinion is one of the best medical dramas out currently. It's about an autistic doctor and has great messages showing that even if you have a disability it doesn't have to stop you! My only warning is that in the pilot there is a brief scene with residents in the on call room under the covers, but nothing sensitive is shown. There is frequently open heart surgery's but not too bad on gore. Little to no swearing or drinking and has great role models! There is also a girl in ep 4. with an STD but consequences are shown and she feels terrible. Overall this show is a must watch in my opinion and probably best for 13+.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTaliaReinstein June 10, 2018

Great

I love this medical drama it’s fun and has a great role model usually with this medical dramas you see inside and it’s gross but the don’t to that here and it’s fun, yes I do admit it gets a little dark but it’s really good my advice WATCH IT

Teen, 13 years old Written byAutismServiceDo... June 12, 2021

Not autistic actor and they support Autism $peaks

Honestly this show isn't inappropriate, there's some mild sexual scenes but nothing much. For anyone saying this show is inappropriate, IT ISN'T. But, as an actually autistic person I do have some problems with the show. They openly support Autism $peaks, which if you didn't know is a hate group that has called autistic people burdens (Look up Autism Speaks I am autism advert if you don't believe me). And also the actor that plays Shaun isn't actually autistic. So yeah, the show is in no way inappropriate, but they do support a hate group so uh but wanna look into that?

Teen, 13 years old Written byfilmlover1 October 21, 2018

Excellent Programme

This is a very thought provoking show. It does contain medical scenes that some people could find disturbing. It also provides a good look into an autistic person’s world.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKK_Loves_Disney March 17, 2018

OMG Love this show

I love this show soooo much. My family doesn't let me watch inappropriate stuff or anything and this show is honstly okay for teens. It doesnt talk a lot about sex but the surgies are explict so i get that CSM reviewed it a +14. Really great role modles too.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRaddssBT October 15, 2020

I love this show. I started watching it when I was 12.

Kid, 12 years old September 27, 2017

The Main Character is a great role model

I think that that this show has a great role model. There is some violence and a little bit of sex but overall I think that this is my new favorite show.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEren Kandogan May 14, 2021

One of the Best Shows I've Ever Watched!!!

This will teach kids/adults how people's minds work differently. Very fun to watch. I wasn't bored one episode. BEST SHOW!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMumu789 March 7, 2021

SO GOOD!

This is amazing. Dr. Shaun Murphy is inspiring, he shows what the world is like for someone with autism. It is like we are inside his head even though we aren’t. There is quite a lot of blood so make sure you aren’t squeamish. There are a couple of s3x scenes but no nudity. If your child is mature enough, they should be able to have watch this at 10 years old x

Teen, 13 years old Written byStealthMonkey February 15, 2021

good show. Not for young kids. Should have a strong stumoch

This show is really good I binged it last year.

I think the show is not bad at all, but not for young kids. There is lots of blood and organs (as it’s a show about surgeons) I would recommand you have a strong stumoch.
However some people die in the show, death from operation, brain death, internal bleeding. There is a bunny who gets killed in season 1 by an aggressive father causing two kids to run away.
Also there is drinking in the show, someone dies from drink driving in season 3.
The show starts to become more about sex though in season 3 - 4. There are references to masturbation and sex

Teen, 15 years old Written byeinstine genius January 5, 2021

The Good Docter rate of age review

Its for 15 and above because there is lot of nusions, sex life, abusive language. and its highly inapropriate for a child below 15th. A child cannot go into sex life at a very young age. the procedure which the docter does disturbances in a childs life and as a child he or she wouldnt like as well not understand the story plot.

Teen, 13 years old Written byjustycemariah12 December 8, 2020
Teen, 14 years old Written byPortie June 8, 2020

Amazing!!!!

I love this show so much! It’s one of the best I’ve seen. It has a really positive message that shows people who have disabilities can do just as much. It is a doctor show so there is lots of blood and organs and there are multiple surgeries in each episode. Very mild language and there is only some kissing and talk of “screwing”

Teen, 13 years old Written byRoseLilyPrincess April 9, 2020

Love It!!!!!

Awesome show!!!

Teen, 17 years old Written byBeasty16 January 29, 2020

Amazing show for the family

The show focuses on a young doctor named Shawn Murphy who has atisum. I only suggest this for 12 or 13 and older because there is some sexual references in it, and a couple near sex scenes (nothing is shown)
I definitely suggest this for family's with older kids. Thank you for reading this, have a good day!

Teen, 13 years old Written byNacreousPuma855 January 29, 2020

Mom loves this.

My mom loves this though she won’t let me watch episodes with the letter S.
Teen, 13 years old Written byemrhoads January 12, 2020

Sex

I think that it is a good show

But lots of SEX

Teen, 13 years old Written bySnowFlake. July 13, 2019
Teen, 14 years old Written bybetty12345 April 21, 2019

Good show great role models

Shaun is a surgeon who has autism and savant syndrome. The show has a few adult themes but not much and I would recommend that you watch the show first and make your own decision.