Kid reviews for The Great British Baking Show

Mild, mouth-watering baking contest great fun for all ages.

Kid, 10 years old July 29, 2018

THE BEST SHOW EVER

When I started watching it I couldn't stop!
If you like baking then this show is good for you, it gives you tips on baking and its fun to see how all the bakers are different!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byFantasyNerd May 6, 2019

Great, but some profanity.

This show is great. If you watch it on Netflix, your kids are okay with seasons 1-5. However, there is more profanity in Season 6. In bread week, somebody writes f*ck on a piece of paper. The innuendos are also questionable. But great overall. See ya!
Edit: Season 7, however is a total different story. The F-word is used at least three times (uncensored) and other swears are used. The sex references are way more inappropriate. Please wait until at least age 14 for season 7. Other than that, you're all good.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPrincess P. July 2, 2017

Pleasant and Fun

This show is lovely for all ages, to just sit back and watch lovely bakes being made. There's no profanity to worry about, as the contestants are polite. This show also pleasantly surprises with natural lessons as the competition progresses. Doing your best, persevering, listening to criticism, be patient, take time on your work. Overall, a lovely and positive competition show about scrummy baked foods.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySophistiCat July 1, 2016

It Is A Baking Show

The judges are actually polite and the contestants aren't rude to each other and the food looks amazing.
Kid, 10 years old May 25, 2021

Amazing

Hello. You are probably looking at this review to see if this show is ok for your kid. I know I am a kid but there are things to say. It is an amazing family show and my family loves it. There is some using God’s name in a bad way but not much. If you are worried your kids will say it, don’t worry. If they can read turn off subtitles because usually they do not hear it. There is some language but it is not much. Hope you watch it too!

Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2021

Great family show has quite a bit of language

Really good baking show strong language though, infrequent use of F-k and F-king, Hell And damnit, plus some English slang like Arse and bugger. But really good awesome family show if you don’t mind language.

Teen, 15 years old Written byPapaScorch69 September 20, 2020

Fallen off since mel sue and marry berry left

Not as good as it used to be
Teen, 16 years old Written byILoveWatchingMovies3 August 27, 2020

Fun, Clean, Relaxing show to watch with your family

I rated this show for 7+ because younger kids might not understand that much or they might not find it interesting.

This is a reality/competition show about a group of bakers. In each episode, the bakers are given a challenge (they have to make something) and the person who does the challenge best wins.

I think that if you or your kids are into baking and if you like watching reality/competition shows then you will definitely love Great British Baking Show !

Warning: This show will probably leave you feeling hungry and craving dessert because the food that they make looks so delicious and absolutely perfect and mouth-watering :)

Teen, 13 years old Written bydelilah_elaine July 27, 2020

Good Family Show!

This show is super cute and fun, especially if you’re into baking, it would make for a great family show and I would highly recommend. There is however some innuendo but it would fly way over young kids heads! A few mild cuss words except for in season 6 and 7 when there is a couple f bombs however again if you turn closed captioning off again it would be pretty hard for young kids to catch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheNerdling July 1, 2020

The Great British Baking Show Is AWESOME!!

The Great British Baking Show is an amazing, family friendly, amateur, competitive baking show that is quite obviously British (in the best possible way!) Everybody is polite, kind and very helpful to the other contestants and the hostesses are hilarious and the judges are polite but still help the bakers know what they could have improved on. There is occasionally a bad word, but nothing worse than h-e-double-L. People will (on rare occasions) cut themselves while cooking, but it is never that bad. Additionally, alcohol is an ingredient quite often in their bakes, so be forewarned. The atmosphere of this show is warm and inviting and it is super fun to get to know the bakers and you will feel genuinely sad when someone you like has to leave. But be warned: this show is guaranteed to make you want to bake ALL THE THINGS!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byPugsrock28 April 28, 2020

Delightful and Charming

This show is surprisingly addictive, I put it on and ended up binge watching 8 episodes.
The judges are sweet and the bakers are very kind to eachother, overall its great show that will pull at your heartstrings and make your mouth water.

Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2019

Great baking tips, polite people, wonderful accents

This show is brilliant, Paul and Mary are sometimes a little harsh but they help improve the baking of the contestants with their criticism. However, I would have to warn you about season 6; bad language.
Kid, 12 years old March 18, 2019

Awesome Baking Show

I do think this is one of my favorite baking shows. I love how friendly the contestants are to each other and how funny they are. I have seen so many good recipes here that I was inspired to make at home. I do think it is for older kids because you have to like baking and know a bit about how to bake for it to be interesting. It was a great show and I definitely recommend it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnybob44 January 13, 2019

Fun baking show to watch

I love to bake and love this show. I have seen the first few seasons but i don't think that i will watch past season 5 because of all the reviews saying that it gets bad in those seasons. I saw the rating on Netflix and it says TV-14. I was stunned that it got rated that, but after reading all these reviews, i realized that i haven't seen past season 5 and i will not be watching past season 5. The first five seasons are all fine though. i watched those. there is no swearing in those seasons or any thing bad. It is very interesting to hear the feed back and tips that Mary and Paul give the bakers, because it helps me with my own baking. 8 and older would be fine for the first few seasons. Younger ages would also be fine, but they would lose interest quite fast

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviegirl700 October 23, 2018

Some stuff that is not too good but still sweet as sugar

Some diverse couples but still cool! Great baking and cool stuff!
Kid, 12 years old November 17, 2017

CAKES AND THINGS!!!

I really enjoyed watching this show with my family. We like the judges Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood. We learn new cooking things when we watch this show and it is entertaining!

Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2017

Friendly, well-made baking show.

The show is bright and fun, and the chefs are likable and very good at baking. I watch this show when I want to relax, or when I'm in the mood for something up beat. All the food is so pretty, and every episode the chef's are asked to make some sort of creative new food, each adding their own touch. Bakers and foodies will love this show!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGracie789 December 26, 2015

Ok for kids

This is completely fine they cook that is all