Parent reviews for The Haunting of Bly Manor

The Haunting of Bly Manor Poster Image

Very Slow

Plot was very slow to start, got more interesting as you got further in. Some sexual situations, but no actual nudity. Some profanity. Ended up being a good story, but was questioning wasting my time the first few episodes.

I think its ok for a child at the age of 10 if there mature

I think that this is a really good show and should be ok for a kid from the age of 10, personaly i reccomend 12. There are at most 6 jump scares that scared me although im not that easy to scare. There are some drinking scenes where the adults drink a bottle of wine from the bottle at partys or gatherings. There are some scenes where the adults are in bed completely naked but no nudity. It does show a positive message of how much the nanny cares for the kids. There is a scene where the body of a previous nanny that commited suicide that it found by a kid. Other than that there are no major scares. The show is perfect for any young or older horror lover or even someone who loves to be scared in the moment.

Great for a mature 11 year old in my opinion

I loved it. There isn't a lot of drinking/smoking and there are only a couple making out scenes, but no sex or nudity shown. Great characters and storyline, highly recommend it. There is very few violence, only in the 8th episode I think, still nothing too scary. However, there is quite a bit of swearing, but I don't think it's a reason to not watch the show.

Great show, but might not be for kids

I agree with Netflix's age rating of 15. It has quite a bit of swearing, some sexual scenes, can be very very creepy at times, and there's quite a lot of smoking and drinking, so overall, probably shouldn't be viewed by anyone under 15. Maybe watch at 13 if they're very very mature, but if they're not at the mental age of at least 15, you probably shouldn't let them watch it.

I honestly don't like this show, Its boring and needs to get to the point faster,and this is coming from a 12 year old,my mom likes it,its also pretty complicated to understand the show.

Review is way off

The review and ratings from common sense are way off. Don’t think the reviewer actually watched it. It does contain quite a bit of sexual content (no nudity). Also contains profanity and bloody images. Creepy, but not gory.

Intriguing story

I really enjoyed the plot and suspense. However, the review by staff here is way off., otherwise I wouldn't write a review. There are several sexual situations, couples in bed naked, though no actual nudity, and lots of "making out." A woman was told to take off her clothes so she could feel the fur coat against her skin. There are also many scenes with people drinking wine straight from the bottle and a character too drunk to walk. There is also a lot smoking by an adult and a child character. I recall seeing at least 4 people being killed, most were not bloody. The series was not as scary has The Haunting of Hill House, just a bit creepy. I enjoyed the overall story and suspense.

Not for young children

This is a good series but please know there are scenes that suggest sex will occur. There is also same sex kissing. It’s an overall spooky series nothing majorly gory or violent but definitely not for younger than 16+ children. I enjoyed it with my husband.

Disjointed

The show was promising in the beginning until the timelines began switching back and forth in a nonsensical manner. The main point I want to make is that the newest nanny is a terrible actress. The show was somewhat enjoyable and would have been more so if not for her. She always looked as if she was about to have a breakdown - even when things were going well. She was not believable or genuine. She overplayed the part. Netflix is better than this.

All Around Good Spooky Show

Great story. Creepy, but not like the other horror garbage out there. There is language - that was missed in the parent information section. S#$t and F'$dk are used multiple times.