Kid reviews for The Haunting of Bly Manor

The Haunting of Bly Manor Poster Image

A ghost story worth watching !!

I’d say kids 13 and up. I saw this with my Dad last year when I was 14 and it was more heartbreaking than scary. The story might me difficult to understand for young kids though. Includes topics such as suicide, murder, some drinking, trauma and adult relationships (sexual stuff has been handled pretty subtly, shouldn’t be anything harmful to a teenager!) It’s a really great show, the characters are lovable and the story is good. Definitely recommend!
1 person found this helpful.

super creepy! loved it.

the haunting of bly manor was SO good. it brought out all of the emotions. i loved how it was not only a horror show, but it had multiple cute love stories. although, it was extremely creepy and clever.
a wonderful story that’s not too scary, a great introduction to horror.

This show is good for people 13+, a few f bombs but most teens hear/say that word every day, the show isn't really scary.

really good show, but beware.

ok, this is an amazing show, but its not for younger kids. it has sex scenes (no nudity), and sexual reference to where one of the men said "It's nice to know that when a man asks you to put something in your mouth, you would do it" it also has some language, not that creepy, and is still a great show!

excuse me as I cry

When I saw this trailer, I was like, "Oh, this seems nice." And now...whew. I watched this the weekend it came out, and I was shook. This show is phenomenal. Victoria Petretti is amazing as Dani, a nanny with a dark past. The rest of the cast is also very, very good. I would say that this is a drama first, horror second, as the former makes up the majority of the former. While not very scary, it is very romantic, and later on devastatingly sad. I found myself crying in the last episode, and I have NEVER cried watching a show. Amazing writing, amazing cast, and not even very innapropriate. The F bombs are unloaded starting in episode 2, so expect a lot of language. Sex is limited to some same and opposite sex kissing, and one scene that viewers may find uncomfortable. Violence includes snapping necks, choking, drowning, and suicide is mentioned/a big part of the story. There is also one scene with a decomposed body that might be unsettling, and ghosts without faces. Kids are also in danger. All in all, great for teens and mature tweens, and a heartrending, incredible story.

Loved it

I adored this show. There is some swearing but nothing an 11 year old doesn't hear every day at school. It's not that scary and there's just a couple jump scares, but it's definitely a lot less scary than hill house. There is a bit of drinking and smoking but nothing too bad. I adored Jamie and Dani's relationship as well as all the other characters. The plot was great and went at the perfect pace for me. People are overreacting, there isn't any nudity or sex shown and nothing that a mature 11 year old couldn't take. There are a couple scary moments but you can just skip them as there aren't a lot

Haunting of bly manor

The haunting of bly manor is my favourite show and I definitely think people should watch it. There is swearing violence and strong horror scenes in the show so I wouldn’t show this to a young kid. It is a show for teens and young adults so the perfect age to watch it is 11 or 12.

Really good, but don't trust Common Sense!

This was a really good show, I'm not kidding. But it was WAYYY more inappropriate than what Common sense had made it out to be. Me and my parents wanted to watch it, but so did my little brother. My mom looked it up on Common Sense and thought it was okay for him. We watched the first episode with him, and it was great, nothing too bad in it. Then we watched the second one, and my mom hasn't trusted Common Sense since. There was a bird with a snapped neck, a little kid being pretty creepy toward an adult by flirting and touching her hair, and get this, 2 F BOMBS! My mother was shocked, and afterward she felt terrible for what she had exposed my little brother to. She had an awful time trying to explain to him what the f bomb meant, because he wouldn't stop asking her about it. Long story short, Common Sense may SAY they know all the inappropriate stuff, but they don't, no matter how much they say they do. I would suggest watching the FULL SEASON of a show next time, Common Sense.

Best. Show. Ever.

Honestly not that scary! It was a really good show. The creepiest part is proper the faceless people which really isn't that bad. I also saw some comments about swear words. One seriously said that their were five f booms per episodes. Dude. The episodes are 40 minutes each. The ending was also so sad and so romantic that it had me in tears! This really is a must watch!