All parent member reviews for The Hoobs

Adult Written byLady AElina April 9, 2008

Need a Dictionary to Understand

The concept and idea behind The Hoob is on target and excellent. However, the Hoobs have thier own language that is completely make believe and requires a special dictionary to understand what they are saying. I enjoy the catchy songs and bright colors, but the language issue is a problem for me. As parents and educators we strive to teach correct communication and language to our children and students. To have a completely different language that has no bases in reality is irresponsible and unfair.
Adult Written bymwind February 27, 2009

Great Program

I think this show is great. Of all of the things on TV for my little ones this one show is very entertaining and educational. It takes a vey creative mind to put together something for children and adults, there are so many "educational" shows that aim at flashy lights and sounds to attract the little ones attention. They lack substance or are way to annoying to anyone over 4. The Hoobs are in the great Henson tradition of Grover, Fraggles and early Sesame Street. Fun programming the parents and child can enjoy together. I only wish more shows like this were made.