Parent reviews for The Librarians

Goofy fantasy-adventure is perfect for whole-family viewing.

Parent of a 7 and 11-year-old Written bySMLW January 7, 2015

I wish all the episodes were TV PG!

I have been enjoying watching this with my 11-year old and now my 7-year old is taking an interest in it as well. There is some violence in the show but the level and the fantasy nature are acceptable to me for my kids.

I am very annoyed, however, that one episode that aired already and some of the upcoming episodes are rated TV14.
I don't want the extra work of watching the TV14 episodes first to see if they are appropriate. I decided not to let my 11-year old watch S1E4 (which was rated TV14) because we have not yet discussed Santa Claus and at the beginning of the episode one character says her parents told her the truth when she was 3. I had no problems with anything else in the episode.

I think this has the potential to be a good family show and is a little too silly to be anything else.
Adult Written byConssumerRay March 15, 2020

The Librarians Are "Booked" For Adventure

"The Librarians" is a "fun" action thrill ride to watch if your into the theme of "time travel" which I am. The librarian is filled with interesting story lines (great storytelling, although the continuity would be somewhat confusing for the younger set ) and great Fx with some violence, but tamer to other shows I've seen. The story concept is idea for those who have a "creative mind" because it's a show that can inspire that creativity if you hang onto the series long enough. I've only seen the first season, but the use of creativity, imagination and smart writing and direction encourages me to keep watching.

Parent of a 17-year-old Written byDesiree O. May 20, 2017

Awesome show

I can't wait until it comes back on, it is always awesome.
Parent of a 3, 7, and 9-year-old Written byNatashaM 1 January 21, 2015

We Love it!

We like it a lot! My older two children are very interested in the stories and the heroes. My son is 9 and is fine with the creatures. My daughter is 7 and has only watched a couple episodes. S1 E8 is a bit intense. It is best to watch that one first and be prepared for questions. Also S1 E6 when Stone kills the wolf may be a bit too much for a younger child.
Another plus in this show is they step out of gender roles girls are just as strong as boys. S1 E6 does great with this, as well as Eve Baird (Played by Rebecca Romijn) who is the Guardian tasked with protecting the Liberians.

Parent Written byBeckyDee January 16, 2015

Adventure for all ages to enjoy

Fun adventure series based on tales and myths from the pages of books. If you enjoyed Indiana Jones, Warehouse 13, Sherlock, or Doctor Who, you'll like this one. Good examples of teamwork, intelligent story lines and adventure make this a great choice for families looking for a show all can enjoy. Younger viewers may be frightened by the monsters like the Minotaur, but not all, depends on your child. My 10 year old loves it as does my 13 year old, which is a minor miracle... finding a show both think is cool!