All parent member reviews for The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

Parent Written byrogdigity June 19, 2011

not for young kids or sissys

On par with a rob zombie music video. Promotes glutinous candy and syrup intoxication. Some images would likely give a kid a good scare. Not exactly educational in the least. This show would be great for adult swim. That being said, I loved the show. Very good if you are of an age old enough to appreciate the show for what II is, watch it. This show is hilarious!
Adult Written byskofabordello December 18, 2008

Best thing ever!!!!!

I love flapjack! My friends love flaplack! my niece and nephews love flapjack. It's not violent., its cute and light hearted! Only Nazi's dont like flapjack and call it Inappropriate!!! FLAPJACK RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byFelicity1169 September 7, 2012

It's like watching old sea tales that went out of hand.

I love this show. I don't know why but I do. The entire show takes place in some surreal colonial era world where all the old sea tales of monsters and mermaids are real. It's a great show with entertain character. I admit some scenes are really scary though.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byhealthymum September 25, 2010

Perfect for all ages.

This is a great show for kids. My child loves to watch these quirky characters and I love the messages it gives her. Thanks to Flapjack and K'nuckles, we don't have to eat vegetables anymore, just candy. Thank goodness for that. She also now loves to play in the mouths of large marine animals and hug drunkards that we pass while bar-hopping. The only concern I have is whether or not this show will encourage my daughter to build large minions out of fish heads and hair.. I suppose I just won't take her to any barber shops for a while. Nevertheless, we all love this show!
Parent of a 8 year old Written bycatgirl102 September 23, 2010
Just not a good show period
Parent of a 10 year old Written bykells727 April 26, 2010
It is FUNNY! If you are worried about the "wrong message", watch it with your children! You might find yourself laughing along with them and maybe that half hour you spend watching this silly, far-fetched show might be one of the memories your children will cherish- the time Mom or Dad watched Flapjack with me. Worth the 30 minutes, don't you think?
Parent Written byAmityPeaceful1 April 13, 2015

It is really good for kids see flapjack is kinda raised by two people a whale and a very bad person named Knuckles' but besides Knuckles' Flapjack might copy what Knuckles' does but Flapjack takes everything in a good way Like he likes togetherness and friendship Bubby helps out alot she's like his mother what I'm trying to say my kids love this show I even love it. Its Funny.
Adult Written bythestarynightcritic January 19, 2015

worst show ever

pure utter junk.will slowly kill any kid watching kid watching it.brings nightmares to my mind when I close my eyes.teaches liberal ways and 100 times worse then any other Spongebob episode.never makes any since and you could not pay me any amount of money too watch 5 minutes of this sick,time wasting,dumb show.
Parent Written byhgwqhge03 September 20, 2013

Just No...

this show is anything else than marvelous, here we go again, the characters are unlikeable the animation is horrendous, it has no real jokes and it feels like the people who made this show are on drugs and at times it tries to copy SpongeBob it barely lasted 3 seasons and got replaced with shows that are just as mediocre as this crap
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 10, 2012

The Not-so Marvelous Misadventures of Lamejack.

Some people are just ADDICTED to this crap! The question is,WHY?! Brian Dole Murray is awesome on SpongeBob (the best show on TV),but he totally FAILED on Flapjack! So glad this show is gone,it was one of the worst shows ever! First off,this show was lame and boring.The animation is not only ugly,but it's a rip-off of Chowder's animation,except on this show it looks HORRIBLE! Flapjack is a rip-off of Chowder (the character),but FJ is totally ANNOYING! Other things about this garbage rip-off poor Chowder.What else? There's the artwork,which looks SO BLAND! Sometimes it's too light,and some other times it's WAY TOO DARK! The characters are dull and uninteresting.The only interesting character is the talking whale.But she is only a little interesting,bucause she talks! That's pretty cool.The storyline,plots,and potential sound interesing at first,but then just FALL FLAT! The humor is just terrible,and it makes NO SENSE AT ALL! Drinking candy out of glasses?! Gross-out humor?! The fact that the jokes have no point whatsoever,makes it even worse.I find it stupid! Oh yeah,and for the icing on the cake,this show has things you would NOT AT ALL want your kids to see! Like beer mugs,uses of the word "stupid",and horrible violence (THANK GOD it's just cartoony!) Thats what the episodes are like,they have too much crude humor or anything else happening either! Thankfully,Flapjack is cancelled.
Adult Written byJEDI micah July 17, 2012

This show, which I am thankful that it is not on the air anymore, was pretty stupid, and it seemed like it wasn't going anywhere. A lot of the content and humor reminds me of SpongeBob, which I think is kinda copying it! This is a worthless cartoon. The only thing impressive is the special effects on the water, and that's it! I still can't believe that I wasted my time watching this stupid cartoon! Thank goodness we have Regular Show, MAD, and the other new cartoons because these shows beat Flapjack by a long shot!!!
Parent of a 1, 10, 11, 14, and 15 year old Written bycharmsmatuts April 25, 2012

Boring as Math

That's all I can say. The Characters are horrible!
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 14, 2012

Ugh,this show is just plain overrated! The animation is boring as well as the plots.
Parent Written bysDisturbed February 22, 2012

This show is wrong.

Dark and disturbing... like that part where that pirate dude actually, BLOWS...A...GUY...IN HALF! And that surgeon is a terrifying chhracter... Not too mention that part where knuckles explodes from hotdogs. It even disturbed me... to me this show is twisted and perverted.
Adult Written byShizukaVictoria May 31, 2011

Exceptional :)

I personally admire this show, I'm not the biggest fan but I'd watch it anyday. I agree the graphics are sort of unpleasing to the eye at times but if you can't stomach it theres no reason to internationally state that this is a disgusting show. Flapjack and K'nuckles remind me of the relationship Spongebob and Mr.Krabs have and who doesnt love spongebob?As well for this show having a nautical setting which can relate to spongebob very well. It almost has the same humor, Flapjack randomly singing for like 10 seconds which i find adorable.This show is definitly out of the box although in the show itself it seems to be getting nowhere with its primary goal which is to get to candy island(?). However, I find this show to be alright for a kids 7+ to be able to watch if he's not disturbed by the graphics.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byNicole_Tee February 24, 2011

Loving it Everywhere!

I like a cartoon that I can watch with my kids and still be amused. Some of the jokes may seem too much for younger kids, but those are the jokes that go right over their heads and make me laugh. When I'm not working at DISH Network I'm working my full time job being a mom. I purchased a Sling Adapter so that I could stream my live TV programming and the kids DVR recordings onto my Smartphone. It's a great distraction for the kids and me when we're too busy to be at home.
Adult Written byApex900 November 10, 2010

Not bad at all!

This show is great, and I would never classify it as dark. It's a total different show, like the hilarious zoomed in parts, crazy sound effects, and pretty funny events that happy in Stormalong, and thats why its become popular. I've sat and watch it with kids 6+ and they all seem to enjoy it as well.
Parent of a 4 and 10 year old Written byLovemy2Kids July 13, 2010

Never in our home.

Terrible, stupid, uses words we don't allow the kids to say, doesn't make any sense whatsoever, just another terrible Cartoon Network show.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bydandy June 3, 2010

dang this show's gross!

I think this show is just gross! (not as gross as chowder) The candy man is married to his candy wife and sometimes walks in a room with her but it never shows whats going on in there! The language isn't that bad (stupid,dumb,darn you Flapjack, and crap). Captain K'Nuckles is never really nice to Flapjack. There's naked animated butts.
Adult Written byThe JP Show June 5, 2009

Some Suggestive Nonsense

I was watching one episode,and Captain K Knuckles fell in in love with a mirror. The mirror is dressed like a lady and Captain K Knuckles had his shirt up the whole episode. Flapjack hides in the covers of the mirror, and Captain K Knuckles married the mirror(probably Flapjack,too). Flapjack has to act like a mom and raise some kids. There was a naked baby in one episode. Knuckles cursed in episode(We could not hear him and not understand him). Besides that, it should be TV-Y and for age 4.