Parent reviews for The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack

The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack Poster Image

BERRIES AND CREAM BERRIES AND CREAM

This show is comically amazing. It's a cartoon, but definitely better for teens and adults.
Worst Flash Cartoon Ever!

Great Show

The show has huge at the attention to detail is more more of an art than a kids cartoon. It reminiscent of courage the cowardly dog in my opinion. The show is a little eerie so parents should have caution when having their children watch the show. I recommend it though !
I didnt like this as a kid but checked it out when i was 21 (better late than never right) i actually found this better than what i used to judge it for

the marvelous misadventures of flapjack was not for kids

i think the marvelous misadventures of flapjack was a amazing show but it was not for kids because it was very creepy and dark like a lady breathes in captain knuckles face and his skin peels off captain knuckles looks at flapjack with a very creepy face knuckles has a daydream were flapjack pours candy down his throat a barber threatens to stab flapjack in the face with a spear and later threatens flapjack and captain knuckles with the same spear the doctor is seen by a bed his face is all red but it turns out it was just a red donut knuckles explodes and hotdogs and blood fill the candy barrel knuckles tells a story about how he got his hand chopped off by sticking it in the garbadge disposal and later some people take evreything from him and is seen as a wooden hand with 2 eyeballs flapjack gets seasickness and goes crazy santa clause makes bugs crawl on flapjack peppermint larry has 2 dead rats as hand puppets and flapjack and knuckles go to Maple Syrup Island were a guy enslaves them in hopes more people will come to his island so they can enslave them and theres some very edgy Adult jokes a guy selling crabs yells i got crabs a box genie asks flapjack for more lubricant flapjack and knuckles get all greasy and wrestle eachother knuckles tells a guy dont sit on my boy and the guy says make me make me dont sit on your boy hes talking about flapjack but still some girls disguise as men in hopes to marry a girl made of candy and knuckles gets a hangover from drinking candy and maple syrup with that being said i dont recommend it for anyone under the age of 14

The worst from Cartoon Network

I have been a fan from CN animations, and I have seen most of the shows (90s, early 2000s and even 2010s, which I do not really enjoy beacuse of their lack of good context and characters, but that isn't important now), and after all this time, there are few shows I really disliked at all, and this is one of them. -Poor animation, obviosuly created in "record-time", just to keep promoting new series after the collapse of CN at the end of 00s decade (when the all-times series were ending almost together like Codename Kids Next Door; Ed, Edd and Eddy, etc.) -Sexual context without purpose: Sometimes shows include "sexual connotations" to emphasize or demonstrate a message, like they've done in courage the cowardly dog, to show the evil of sexism and gender violence, in an excellent episode called "The Mask". But in this show, sexual content (jokes), is extremely common, and with the only purpose of being "funny" (for me as a critic, is not). Partial nudity and fetishist behaivior like an episode where Captain K'Nuckles appears licking feet. -Terrible storyboard: The show hasn't any good argument or story, they are just like a few random ideas without any educational purpose or context, that try to mask a horrible argument with comedy. -Spooky elements: Some images would be disturbing even for teens, like the viral pretty kitty image shown in the "Who let the Cats out of the Bag's house" episode, which in my opinion exceeds the terrifying content for a kids show, and undeniably would lead younger kids to hard nightmares, and, again this elements are included for no good reason. In my opinion, one of the worst series from Cartoon Network.

Frightening.... This show was nightmare fuel

So yeah, I like creepy stuff, I watched Courage the Cowardly Dog and Stephen King movies as a kid. When I was 8 or 9 is when Flapjack got really popular. I had constant night terrors, and my parents eventually told me that I was forbidden to watch the show, because it disturbed them . One account that I can clearly remember is the "beautiful kitty" episode, and that thing wasn't beautiful. I had a serious issue with cats until my teen years because of it. I think the show was unnecessarily creepy and disgusting for the Y7 rating it had. It's okay now that i'm older and can handle the imagery now. IDK what you guys let your kids today watch on youtube or netflix or whatever, but don't let them watch this.

Funny show at times but perverse in nature

Im a young adult, early 20's who enjoys the misadventures of flapjack. But i cant help but to feel sad and disturbed at the clear pedophile/ creep messaging within it. Little boys are frequently paired with old, crusty men that want to best friends with little children to foster them, or supervise them, or intern them. Whatever these grown, old men pervers men are doi g is clear to any functioning, alert adult. And especially after learning about pizzagate, this BS is absolutely morbid and unacceptable. I like the show most times, but like i said grown men have no place befriending children. Not even in a cartoon. This show is for teenagers and up. Perfect for adult swim. But not for the innocent minded children. Makes me wonder about Mr Pendleton Ward. Never forget pizzagate. This world is not what we think/ thought

Awful, simply awful!

This was the WORST Cartoon Network show ever. I was 31 the day it came out (i'm 38 now, i was born in 1978). watching this show again in my late 30s, I have to say, it was just as bad as I remembered it in my early 30s. OK lets start reviewing. The animation quality is just gloomy, bland, and flat out ugly. OK, i'm not one to judge a cartoon by it's animation, but, wow, just, wow, this cartoon's animation is so bad, it is just already a waste of a cartoon. The timing was really horrible too. The theme song it the most annoying theme song on TV, I just can't bare listening to it for 3 seconds without wanting to take my TV in my room and throw it out the window. The lyrics are stupid as well. OK, so the characters are unlikable. The captain is annoying and his personality is unbearable. Flapjack is just a complete idiot who is even more annoying. The talking whale is a boring character who just wastes my time, just like this show itself. The humor is just TERRIBLE! OK, so drinking candy out of beer glasses is stupid and just lazy. The other jokes in the show are stupid too (or at least remotely unfunny, like another bad Cartoon Network show, Johnny Test). Like are these writers even trying? This show is super childish. So, if you've read my other reviews on my former account, I watch kids shows VERY frequently, as a local babysitter and Elementary School teacher. However, this show REALLY went out if it's way to be childish, to the point where it is plain stupid. It's no surprise that this show lasted only three years. In my opinion, it should've been cancelled after the first episode, or better yet, never been made in the first place, for me, it was truly an awful show to even STOMACH, and I did not like it ALL.