All parent member reviews for The Mentalist

Adult Written bymoviecritic August 15, 2011

Amazing Show

The Mentalist is one of my favorite shows! It's so addicting, and once you start watching it, you won't be able to stop. Each episode is filled with suspence. As for violence and language, the violence is not too bad, but almost every episode features a crime scene, and/or a shooting, but nothing too graphic. The language is very infrequent, and not too bad. If you don't already watch this show I highly suggest that you start!
Parent of a 11, 13, 16, and 19 year old Written byWesnocs February 4, 2011

As a family we think that the main Character, "Jane" is hilarious. He is comedic and rarely are his antics approved by the CBI that he is a consultant for, but Jane always comes through with the catch in the end revealing the truth. We sometimes hide our eyes when the show reviews a specific crime or murder over and over, which I don't think they have to do so much of, but overall, we want to find out who killed "Janes" wife in the beginning of the show, so we will continue watching. We all fel in love with Jane and hope he finds the solace he needs in finding his wife's, and also his child's murderer.
Adult Written bymarymack February 20, 2010

Teens yes, and Mature Tweens

My mature 12 year old loves this show....as do the adults in the house. Good role models....fast forward thru the more grisly parts. Dialog good for the most part. Sure beats other tv the kids want to watch
Adult Written byMrs. B November 14, 2008

Good show

This is a good show, appropriate for anyone 14 and up. By the way, the CBI is not fictitious - it is in fact real. The Common Sense reviewer should have checked that before writing her review.