Parent reviews for The Middle

The Middle Poster Image

CSM blows it up again

12+? I let my eight year old son watch it at four. There is literally almost nothing unwholesome about it. I can't believe they included a comment on "name-calling". Sounds like a six-year old child tattling to a teacher. This show has many positive messages such as working things out as a family. They almost never swear. You, the parent reading this review swear more around your child than they do. This show has better messages and role-models than any show on Disney Channel. Bottom line, don't listen to CSM and enjoy this wholesome family comedy.

1 person found this helpful.

Really great show that keeps you watching

This show is amazing and super realistic as to what it’s like to live in a lower middle class family. the only reason to not let any kid watch is just the occasional use of hell or damn and the fact that they wouldn’t understand the humor. They really keep you rooting for the heck’s and teach good life lessons about family.

One of the Telivision shows for the entire family

WOW ! This is a great show The humor keeps changing and this show for all ages because their is nothing in here that would offend parents. You are going to love this show

Good Funny Show

I think this show is very funny. The teenage boy does constantly walk around in his boxers, that may offend some people. I can't think of any swear words in any episodes. Over all it is a pretty good show to watch.

What do know, a show for the family.

I love sitcoms. I have since I was a kid, Unfortunately, I have not been able to share my love of them with my kids, up until now. The Middle is the only modern sitcom that I have been able to watch with my kids, at least of good quality. I guess I could have watched some of the old ABC Family/Disney sitcoms, but they were terrible and pretty much made all parents look like idiots, so not for me. The Middle isn't perfect. I've had a couple of cringe moments here and there, but few and far between. While it is a sitcom, it is also heartfelt with some genuinely good lessons for families to talk about. The acting, production, and writing are top notch too. It's truly an enjoyable show for families. The show has had an eight year run with one more to go, so the kids start out young and end up in college. Start with the early ones with younger kids and move along. Even though they go to college, the show doesn't use that as an excuse to get edgier. It is still family friendly. Enjoy!

Family Viewing

I've been watching The Middle since it came out. I like this show because it's very true to life while putting a comedic edge to it. I would venture to say that between 7 and 8 out of 10 families are just like this. I didn't really think this show was going to make it as long as it has, but I'm sure glad it's still on.

Great Sitcom!!

This is one of the best shows on ABC!!! It is funny and leaves my whole family in tears every week. My husband, my 16 yr old daughter, my 13 year old son, and my 12 year old daughter all love this show, and it's appropriate for all!! It's very rare that my whole family will sit down to watch a show, but this show is engaging and funny for all of us!!!!

Great funny show

This is a great funny show.

Where Did My Favorite Show Go?

This used to be my very favorite show. I have watched every episode over and over. Seasons one through four are awesome, season five is pretty good, but starting with 6-7 and now eight...why are they making Frankie and Axel So dumb? I loved this show because Frankie was relatable but now they have her acting weird. Axel needs to cut his hair and his character needs to evolve...not have a new dumb girlfriend. Love Mike! I don't know if they have gotten new writers but I hope they think about how multidimensional the characters use to be and give Frankie back her dignity.

One family that I believe everyone could relate to

OK where do I start with this show it is relatable to most families today and we love it around our house this picks up where modern family lacks and is always good for a laugh there are good and bad influences here we have sweet and adorkable Sue whose probably the most positive member of the family the rest of them have their moments of positive and negative comments and results from things that they have done or poor choices made but we love them and we think u will too