All teen and kid member reviews for The Middle

Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2011

Its good

This show is funny. i love to watch it every wednesday. its has some bad things in it but nothing to be concerned about brick is sooo cute.some times i think its boring
Teen, 13 years old Written bySonicSpeed360 October 21, 2010

Good modern TV show that makes you laugh out loud!

The Middle is a laugh every time, and me and my fam enjoy watching it. The lines are well written, and it's funny to see just how weird things can get around the Heck family. Here are some thigns you should know before you or your kids(I'm not a parent, just giving insight): *Mild Swearing in almost every episode, such as d**n, h**l, and occasionally "sucks". *The kids are lazy sometimes, like 8-year-old Brick, who usually does nothing but read books, is extremely unsocial and often relies on his mother, Frankie to do school projects for him. *Axl, the typical 15-year-old teenager, is a little lazy and is usually seen walking around the house with nothin' but his boxers on. * The show suggest what a "modern" family is like, kids might take this to heart and try to be like this family. *The dad and mom, Mike and Frankie, usually drink beer. Nothing too serious. These reasons are why I rate this "iffy", because some parents care about what's here, others don't. These reasons aside, however, the show is excellent with jokes and other events that are just plain hilarious. I would definitely reccomend this to families hunting for a good TV show.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycocosimon April 12, 2011
OMG I LOVE THIS SHOW I WATCH IT EVERY WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlinaW. March 25, 2010

Clean comedy!

The Middle is a cute comedy that's super-funny for a tween or teen to watch by themselves, or for the whole family. It's clean, funny humor, and is down-to-earth and honest. The family is so funny, especially the kids (Axel, Sue, and Brick). Awesome Wednesday night viewing!
Kid, 11 years old April 25, 2016

Appropriate for Kids

I think this show IS appropriate for kids 7+ compared to other shows these days and what's in the news I think the middle is completely appropriate for these ages. Compare this show to the movie Batman for instance. There's more violence in Batman!!! So that is what I think.
Teen, 13 years old Written byroro04 February 6, 2016
OK common sense media your being way overprotective on this, my 8 year old sister watches this with me, and even if something was inappropriate she probably wouldn't get it , I might not even get it so chill because this a great show and super funny.
Kid, 10 years old November 9, 2015

THIS IS THE BEST SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this show. I thinks its fine for seven and up. My little sister is fine with this show. Sue is my favorite. This show is so silly! Axle is hilarious so is brick. Five stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMaya16 July 19, 2015

One of the few prime time modern sitcoms that is good

I watch this tv show with my family. My 11 year old brother has been watching since he was 8. It is one of the few modern sitcoms that is still good. The earlier episodes are more enjoyable than the later episodes.
Teen, 15 years old Written by888Molly December 8, 2014
Totally appropriate and funny without being stupid or inappropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThePointIsHere June 30, 2014

Great, little kids might not get some things

So I started watching this this year and LOVE IT!!! I recommend it to everybody but there's just a few things- teen crushes/kissing, curse words but really mild h**l and d**n but that's it with the occasional "sucks" from Axl speaking of is the laziest of them all and doesn't care about anything really. Sue is a positive, optimistic role model that everybody can relate to. The parents drink beer often but never get drunk. Brick is the youngest and is a lovable misfit like Sue. The only problem is that your kids and you might not relate to some struggles that they go through until your kids are like 10. BOTTOM LINE: if you need a laugh put this on.
Kid, 10 years old April 1, 2014

Amazing Show

Be careful about showing this to kids 10 and under, but otherwise this show is amazing. Mild curse words but nothing horrible. Includes some instances of sexual topics and few instances of smoking and drinking. Mature kids would be able to enjoy this show very much!
Kid, 12 years old October 20, 2012

Funny comedy is better and more kid friendly than modern family.

The Middle is definetley my favorite show, me and my parents watch it every Wednesday and I have seen every episode. It is alot more kid frindly than Modern Family. There is some beer drinking and smoking. There isnt any language that is too serious but there is some borderline language like crap, freaking, Oh My God, sucks, screwed, moron, hell, boobs, idiot, and stuff like that, plus a few mild sexual refrences. Its not appropriate for 8 and under but 9 and up is fine. I think it is the best show on right now so I highly reccomend you watch it.
Kid, 12 years old November 24, 2011

Good show.

Cool show. Good for families with older children (10-11 and up). I wouldn't say it's for younger kids though.
Kid, 11 years old September 9, 2011

A great family show

I am 11 years old and this is our family show. My little brother who is 8 gets some of the humor but I get it. This is a really great show for anybody 11 and up. The actors are great and you can feel their emotions. Laugh out Loud funny!
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2011

e.g. Perfect for older kids, but not for little kids.

Great show. Not much inappropriate. A little drinking once in a while. Older brother is a bad influence. Middle daughter is very weird. Young son is extremely smart. It's funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrees09 March 23, 2011
great show, nothing wrong with it; my whole family watches it
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2011

Watch this show, very funny!

This show is so funny, no wonder how it is so good. The Christmas special is the funniest episode! It is a good show for little kids if they laugh.
Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2010

Hilarious, Clean and Entertaining

The Middle is Hilarious. It doesn't have bad language usually, and there isn't any innapropriate content except Axel goes out with girls. The kids (Brick, Axel and Sue) are really funny and talented actors that are highly suited to play their characters. Sue isn't good at anything really and she isn't the most popular kid in school. Axel is always walking around in only his boxers, and he usually degrades his siblings. Brick is the youngest, and he is usually reading. He talks to himself constantly, but that's usually for laughs, and he is very antisocial. Frankie and Mike are really good actors also. Altogether The Middle is a really funny and entertaining show for any kid 10 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPJH October 8, 2009
Me and my whole family (parents, brother 6, sister10, and sister 12) all watch this show together. This show is hilarious and our family definitely relates to this show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBob911 August 16, 2016