Kid reviews for The Middle

The Middle Poster Image

The Middle-GREAT Family Show! Just Make Sure Viewers Are Mature..

This is a really great family show. Just make sure your kids are mature enough to handle some of the sexual content. Frankie (the mom) and Mike (the dad) sometimes make comments like these that older kids might catch. There are a lot of relatable things in this show. There is swearing, but it's on the lower end of the spectrum. The parents are often shown drinking beer. The old Aunt also drinks alcohol and smokes a lot. One of the main characters friends is gay but dates the girl because he doesn't know yet. Later in the movie, he has a boyfriend. It's kind of weird. Just be ready to explain lots of content. Overall, GREAT show!

In the Stuck

Oh baby

Why don’t you just meet in the middle. I’m losing my mind just a little.

Great show but not great for younger veiwers.

my sister and I watched this show a lot and we enjoyed giggling about the s*x jokes and cuss words for some reason, because why not ig.

The Middle: ok for 12 and up

This show has a lot of problems. First i will talk about role models: Sue Heck is always happy and never gives up. Axl Heck fails classes and only cares about himself and women. Sure deep down he loves his family but that's just his character. Brick Heck is a quirky boy who does weird things sure as licking cars occasionally whispering after sentences and whooping for no reason. He reads a lot and his parents are always trying to get him to do something else. Frankie Heck is an overworked mother who tries to help her family but is pretty lazy. Mike Heck is a stoic man who share his feelings. His family is known for never telling them anything about their lives. Now to violence: In one episode the Hecks are rushing to beat the trash delivery man to the trash can. I the crazyiness frankie throws sue a beer bottle to put in the trash but brick gets in the way and gets hit by the bottle. The parents then get a call from the school where they see a police officer standing in the office. Frankie also slaps people on the shoulders or head if they arent doing what they're supposed to usually Axl. The Glossners are violent troublemakers they steal and trash the neighborhood. Rita Glossner once said she would punch Frankies boobs in but wouldn't cause "she a lady". That also ties in to the next point the sex category. There are occasional jokes that are not exactly appropriate such as sue having a keychain that says "I'm going commando". Also Axl is always wanting to date girls and kiss them. Also joke with Frankie such as her buying underwear that says "i'd hit that". One episode that is very weird involves a lady named Pam Staggs she drinking dances and at one point she licks Mikes neck and say "I love me some salty snack".Now to swearing: words such as he'll damn crap add freak weirdo moron and others are mentioned. Now to drinking: Mike and Frankie both drink usually grabbing a bottle of beer from the fridge. They also usually drink at restaurants and events. They also go to the bar sometimes. Aunt Edie and Ginnys house is always filled with smoke and they drink too. Overall I would say it's ok for 12 and up if you dont think your child can handle it I would say 13 to 14 and up.

Best show ever

This is one of my favorite shows. My favorite episode is “TV or not TV”. My favorite character is Brick because he whispers to himself. I recommend this.

Great show, not really inappropriate!

The worst it gets is hitting, kissing, and abuse. There are some gay stereotypes, but it goes over your head. Fun family show that most can relate to!

Great Show for Families

A lot of sitcoms these days are full of swearing and other non-innocent content, but this one was pretty mild. Yes, there was a little swearing, but it was so rare that it was appropriate for eleven and up. A little undue romantic references but it depicts an average American family with some really funny jokes and gags.

This was my favorite show ever

I love this show. So sweet. I don't know what it is hat makes it so great but it just is. The characters are so creative and the show is so funny.