All teen and kid member reviews for The Newsroom

Teen, 14 years old Written bytraylorharp99 July 10, 2013

Newsroom

This show is amazing, and one of the best shows on TV. This show has bad language, they drop the F bomb a lot, along with S**t, A**H****, Son of a B****, etc. Other then that it's good, the show covers a lot of political things, and covers actual new events. The show never gets boring. Will McAvoy is a okay role model, he can loose his temper, but he has a big heart. He cares about the people in his office, but doesn't show it a whole lot. There are cases where people in the show use marijuana, some smoking, and some drinking. None of it is used heavily. I would recommend kids 14 and up to watch this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMr47 August 28, 2013

This...Is Good

Aaron Sorkin is a genius TV writer and the Newsroom reinforces that statement. To get into it though you are gonna need some general knowledge of world events. They swear a bit but the show wouldn't be the same without profanity. A few times people kiss but nothing that will "scar" your child. This is an immensely entertaining drama and you would be doing your child a disservice from denying them watching it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byNapoleon15 February 10, 2015

Outstanding

This is one of the greatest shows I have ever seen. It is spot on as regards politics, society, and modern America. This said, their is quite a lot of swearing and sex references. The subject matter is quite mature and I would not show it to a teen under 15.
Kid, 12 years old July 13, 2016

Best piece of art on television

This show is amazing. Aaron Sorkin is my new favorite writer and I'm definitely going to watch more of his stuff. Will, Mac, and Charlie are good people setting out to make news better. They want a new format where they don't try to entertain, and they don't care as much about ratings as they do about truth and an informed electorate. I'll admit, there is a lot of marijuana use, along with strong language and the occasional sexual innuendo. The show can be hard to follow, especially for millennials with less background information on events in the recent past, but if your child is smart enough to want to pause the show and learn about these events (Occupy Wall Street, Glass-Steagall, ect.), they are probably mature enough to handle this content.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMovieMan626 October 11, 2013

The Newsroom is a fresh and inspiring look at what TV should be.

HBO's The Newsroom is a stunning look inside journalism and the news today. It features wonderful and stinging social commentary. Will McAvoy is a famous news anchor on the fictional news network ACN. He follows the status quo until Mackenzie McHale appears and shakes up his world. From that moment, the ACN newsroom covers real life news with a very interesting and honest twist. It is filled with colorful characters (Sloan Sabbath is particularly interesting) and a fair share of relationship drama (just the right amount). Inspiring and well written, The Newsroom had me cheering for more. It's second season was more focused in its narrative and was just as wonderful as the first season. A third season has been confirmed and I anxiously await its release. Overall, The Newsroom is a wonderful (and very mild by HBO standard) show and is worth checking out.