Kid reviews for The OA

Strange, supernatural sci-fi series has disturbing content.

Teen, 15 years old Written byOmidyan February 1, 2019
I started watching this with my family and at first it was good, kind of slow but that’s was fine. Then all of a sudden two people are having sex, they didn’t cover anything. It was a side profile but you could see the ladies breast. That scene kind of ruined the show for us but if you put that aside it seemed like a really good. show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPanicof1873 July 26, 2020

This is the best show I’ve ever watched. You can skip the sex scenes

Yes, there are four sex scenes and one is really bad, but it is skippable. The last one in season two doesn’t show a thing so you don’t need to skip it. The other reviewers are overreacting. Yeah, it was really unnessasary, but you could skip it.
This show is so good! I wish it wasn’t cancled. Some of the stuff in season two is a little weird, but it’s ok. All of the characters are really enjoyable. I just recomend not to let your kids watch it until they’re mature. This show deals with a lot of mature themes so you’ll want to make sure they’re ready. Honestly this plot is really well written and acted out, so you’re really missing out if you deside not to watch it!

Teen, 15 years old Written byMrAnonymous June 9, 2020

Not for young children

Strong sex, drug misuse and profanity.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBorHan May 2, 2020
Teen, 17 years old Written byNyua April 11, 2020

Good

Sex scenes, nudity, violence are all themes within this series but the plot is captivating
Teen, 13 years old Written bytruthexposer1306 April 1, 2019

This is the only review you should believe!

Not Too Much Violence and Not Too Much Sexual Content So Far.

Teen, 15 years old Written byb89 August 1, 2018

Wonderful Independent Mind-Bender

The OA is one of Netflix's finest originals. It contains phenomenal acting, writing, and directing. It does, however, contain two brief graphic sex scenes, avoiding frontal nudity. Language is frequent and drugs are used and discussed. A few scenes may disturb viewers (drowning, kidnapping).

Teen, 15 years old Written byroberta_2513 March 11, 2018

Teen, 14 years old Written byaaus January 5, 2017
I really like this series and hope there will be anther season. It's so deep and has so much meaning. It has some nudity and strong language though. I persnally don't feel offended by this but others mite. But for me personally it is definitely one of my favorites.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycassrioNM December 24, 2016

Intense!

The OA however may be too mature for younger views, is a fantastic story with plenty of good role models

Teen, 15 years old Written bya.kelly.n December 21, 2016

This was very good but there are some things to consider

This tv show was incredible and incredibly thought provoking. That said I think the original review is a bit too lax because of the 2 graphic sex scenes that were surprising and could be too much for people 15 and under. I highly recommend this show to mature teens.