Kid reviews for The O.C.

Sex, drugs, and designer labels rule.

Teen, 17 years old Written byTorToe April 9, 2008

Fun for older kids....

This show has been the root of a lo of contrversey in my house. I love the show and I like watching it with my mom but, my father is very religious and many of the episodes do not meet the approval of my father. Sex is a big issue for this show, there is a lot of making out 'hooking up' and talk about sex. BUT, there are also some fun laughs and some good issues that are touched. I LOVE this show but you may not want your childre to watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrisacutiee05 July 24, 2021

very good

I think this is an excellent show and it is definetly a show for teens 12 and up, most teens would be able to handle the content in this show
Teen, 16 years old Written byavas18 August 20, 2020

A work of art

This show is amazing and so entertaining. So many characters serve as amazing role models. Ryan will do anything to protect his loved ones, despite facing consequences. Sandy ADOPTS Ryan because he knows he has potential. Kirsten is the sweetest person on earth. Seth is a good friend to all and a good brother to Ryan. Summer realizes that being popular isn’t everything and she’s an amazing friend to Marissa. Marissa shows the darker sides, struggling with family issues and substance abuse. Sex is there, but not over the top.

Teen, 14 years old Written byz13 August 17, 2020

One of the best teen shows out there

The O.C. is funny and over the top without being trashy or unrealistic. It has drama and also has important messages about family. It's sweet but not boring, and the characters are all so well developed. However, one of the main characters drinks too much alcohol and at one point in season 1 overdoses on some type of medication. While the show doesn't deal with this character's issues as much as it should, you definitely see the repercussions of her actions. Also there's some sex and violence but the violence is more present in the later seasons and the main character who is violent at first, changes and grows.

Teen, 14 years old Written byravengirl32 April 8, 2019

Suitable for mature audiences

Great TV show on Stan at the moment. Just from watching the first episode I was hooked and binged watched it all night.

Teen, 15 years old Written byLogs2468 July 12, 2018

Great show has sex, drinking...

The O.C. is a great show but has tons of sex, discussions of sex, kissing, and relationships. It also has drug use, and alcohol is frequent on the show and many characters often get drunk.

Teen, 14 years old Written byOnedirectionlover270 July 8, 2015

Teen, 13 years old Written bySanjay407 October 28, 2011

Read

Change Rated TV-14: Physical Violence, Brief Nudity, Swearing, and Drugs

Teen, 14 years old Written byCoop° December 15, 2010

OC IS FANTASTIC=> WATHING IT SINCE I WAS 10

nothing to say really: I LOVE THIS SERIE; and this already since I was eight. there may be a little to much drinking, sex or violence. and marissa isn't the great role model. But they get through everything. There are some bad scenes, but that just makes it even more interesting :)

Teen, 14 years old Written byontario_96 December 13, 2010

Perfect for teens, not for kids.

Well I love this show. It is a great show fr me to watch with my older siblings however, anybody under 14 should not watch this show. 13 is iffy if you are mature. This show deals with alot of sexuality which is not appropriate for young children. This show is directed at a teen audience and it have the TV-14 rating for a reason.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycristianorenald... July 11, 2010
sandys a great role model and great show.bad rolemodles luke,trey, kaitlyn, oliver.ok they have sex a few times it doesnt show jack.

Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2009

THE BEST

This show is my fave show, it has ALOT of kissing ans sexually behavior, they are in college so.... ya I LOVED IT

Teen, 16 years old Written bysunnysmilesx3 June 9, 2009

Greatest show ever!

Every episode is filled with drama that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Even though it does exhibit alot of sex, alcohol, drugs, and violence, it's a wonderful show with a great plot and superb acting. I do think that the watcher should be old enough to understand that all the drugs, sex (etc.) portrayed in the show is not something they should do too.
Kid, 12 years old November 17, 2008

Best. Show. Ever.

So this is like the best show ever. I got hooked from the very first episode. I mean yes it has sex, drugs ,etc. But I've had that talk. I know not to do it and I know that it's not okay! Parents, calm down. You can trust us!

Dramatically Incredible

So much drama, it was a little too much to take! But I really hate that Marissa left, because come on! It was like, yeah she's gonna end up with Ryan until she just dies...
I really don't "like" any of the characters because their bad qualities/characteristics sticks out so much it overrules the good qualities of every character. Like example; Marissa Cooper is sooo pretty and she's really one of those nice rich girls. But then again, she's really bitchy at the nearing end of her life and she sniffs coke with her demon of a boyfriend, Volchok. I'd probably like Seth (who I prefer to call Cohen) cuz he's the least problematic person of the series, except I hate it when he starts to take marijuana just cuz his girlfriend is beating him at his own intelligence game.
Teen, 17 years old Written byblondiegurlie April 9, 2008

I love this show!!

I love this show. Everyone at my school loves it. I think FOX did really good on this show! Mishca (marissa) is so pretty! This is the best show on right know! I like this show, because it keeps you on the end of your seat. It is really great!
Teen, 17 years old Written bysed0824 April 9, 2008

GREAT SHOW!!

I LOVE this show! After watching the first episode, I was hooked! This is the best show for teens on TV. I wait for every Wednesday to come so I can watch it. I love the actors they chose for the parts, Adam Brody (Seth) is my favorite!
Teen, 16 years old Written byleeba4 April 9, 2008

This show is hott!

this show is my favorite show ever!!...me and my 18 yr old sis wait for every thursday and we watch it together. i dont think it is a bad beyond bad show. i am just not allowed to whatch the 14warning on some of the shows (i am twelve turning thirteen in a week). My parents arent overprotective, the only thing they really dont like is when i whatch something that is inapropriate so if my parents let me...your parents should.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydarlin201107 April 9, 2008

The Best that there is!!!

This show, although it is good is way to racey for the kids that are my age!