Parent reviews for The Office

Workplace spoof is hilarious but filled with mature humor.

Adult Written byCecilia April 9, 2008

Can you say, Tivo?

The show is hilarious, but not every episode is appropriate for kids. Definitely watch it before you let your kids watch it, especially if they're under 13 or you want to prepare them for what's in the episode. You can't rewind life once they've seen or heard something. You have to be responsible and do your homework ahead of time. You'll laugh while you're doing it! :) Some of the sexual content is way too inappropriate for my liking. There has been a show or two that I did not feel was "okay" and I just didn’t let them see it. I’m always by their side or in the room watching it with them the first run through so I can comment on what is funny, but not so smart to do in real life. You might think my kids hate my being in the room with them, but to the contrary, we're so close and they like being able to express their take on a scenario on the show. I don't push my beliefs or commentaries down their throats, but it's a great opportunity to open dialog without it being forced or out of context. Life's gonna happen and they're going to see things I can't control, but in my home at least I do have that option. Tivo!
Parent Written byConcernedMom123 October 13, 2013

Good for Mature Kids

This can be the best show in the world for you child over the age of 11. If he is mature enough to laugh at the teen humor about once every 10 episodes. There is minimal violence, but I think it is the inappropriate humor that seems to be a big problem. If your child has had the talk, or knows about it already, I think this show is fine for tweens up. Hope this helped.

Adult Written byMelissaM April 9, 2008

A show you can stand to watch with your mature teen.

The boss, Michael is the most sexist, immature, outright ignorant person maybe on all of television. The sad/funny thing is, he still has a good heart. If your teen knows what irony is, they will be able to watch this show. Even though the main character is so flawed, he is surrounded by people that are more than willing to bring light to these flaws. It's so funny, because it's so true.
Adult Written byicculleb138 January 1, 2011
It's a great show, but not intended for children or teens under 16! Please don't let your kids watch this.

Parent of a 8, 13, and 18+ year old Written byAnushka J. December 26, 2017

For responsible tweens and up

Although the show has subtle refrences to love, that is something children will see when they're not children anymore and the show doesn't give outright mentions to sex and such as often as it may be portrayed by others. Very funny, humorous show and respectful. If your kid studies, is responsible, and doesn't do drugs or such, I'm sure they can handle a little humour. ALSO, the storyline of this movie is funny and adorable. If your child isn't mature, maybe this show isn't for them.

Parent Written bymommygirl987654321 April 8, 2010

Funny, Smart, Dramatic, Romantic, Inappropriate

Thanks to this show I broke the DVR on multiple Thursday nights, my son knew what gay was when he was to young to know, and I have a crush on Jim Halpert. However I still love it. My kids love it. While they have lots of sex, drinking, language, and unqualified people in important posistions, it's still one of my favorites!

Adult Written bynevemac July 20, 2015

LOVE but not for kids.. AT ALL

There are a lot of innuendos and sex that is implied. Don't get me wrong, it's hysterical but I do not think kids should be watching this at all. It is inappropriate at times and it comes out of nowhere. I mean, the office started the "thats what she said" joke... not the best thing for your kids to run around and say.

Adult Written bybalinx June 30, 2016

The Office has some mature humor, but overall a good heart.

The Office, which aired on NBC for nine seasons, is a comedy that is rated TV-14. Parents need to know that The Office contains language like b----, a--, and da----. The show bleeps some of the worse curse words. Some consumerism is used for restaurants and other things. No violence, and very little sex. In the end, The Office has great messages and great role models.

Adult Written byJEDI micah April 3, 2012

IS YOUR OFFICE LIKE THIS?!

This is definitely a really great show! It is completely original, the acting is awesome, and the characters are just so funny! This will be a great show for adults and even teenagers! Kids under 13 may not understand the humor and plot. I am a sci-fi kinda guy, but this show is down right hilarious!

Adult Written bynorwaydad62 September 24, 2010

Great show for kids 11+

Amazing show, there are a couple people who aren't very good role models, like Michael and Dwight because they don't work very hard and they just goof off all the time. There are also some good role models, like Jim, Pam, Ryan, and a few more. They are smart, funny, and hard working. But when kids see it, they know that they can't be like Michael because they can recognize how stupid the character is and how he isn't liked very well by others. They also notice the concequences of being lazy, for example, in one episode, Dwight is supposed to make a hughe sale to someone, but he is too busy goofing off and when he finally gets around to calling the people, they tell him they did business with someone else, so he doesn't get paid as much for making a sale. So overall, this show is ok for kids 11+ if they're mature and understand that they should be like Jim or Pam, not Michael or Dwight.

Adult Written byAlexander D. November 23, 2017

It teaches about sex

Its great taught my kid the birds and the bees

Adult Written byUnderthebus May 15, 2012

Started Great! Horrid Now.

The first seasons of The Office had excellent story lines, developing characters and excellent writing overall. This past season is horrible. The characters have lost their unique individualism, the stories are horrid, poor poor poor writing. Not worth the time to watch . I hope they can salvage this show while the endearing factor holds by a thread for the cast.
Adult Written bymardoggie2013 November 20, 2014
Adult Written byDisneyFan April 9, 2008

Best Show on TV

This is the one show that the whole family sits down and watches every week. My 11 year old LOVES the show and frequently asks to watch the series on DVD. I can see how a parent could find some of the show objectionable; however, because Michael Scott is about as mature as an 11 year old, I think they'll find most of the potty humour just funny--or they won't understand it. There have been occassions where our son has asked what something means, but we encourage him to be open with his questions, so it's not a problem.
Adult Written byamollo01 April 9, 2008

Great Show

There is a lot of iffy content on this show. THankfully, most sexual innuendos will fly over the heads of younger viewers. I didn't particularly like this show the first time I watched it, but it really grew on me. This show is acceptable for 13 and up.
Adult Written byJosh N. June 22, 2017

Amazing!

Hilarious. I'd say 12 and up but some scenes might be a little awkward when watching with parents...

Parent of a 7, 7, 8, 11, and 14 year old Written byChrist-Lover April 24, 2011

Great show, my not for children under the age of twelve.

This show is very funny.

Adult Written bytennisguy1847 April 11, 2009

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is such an awesome show it makes me laugh like every time i watch it which is everyday!!!! not innapropriate at all
Adult Written byStephen Murphy April 19, 2015

Very funny.

The office is so good but you need to give it a few episodes. has sexual references, and many, many, many "That's What She Said" jokes. It IS addictive and can be found on Netflix. There are two gay characters, Oscar and Gale. Many implications that one of the characters looks at obscene images on his computer.
Parent Written byKaren J. January 6, 2017

Anti Christian

Very anti Christian . In one episode The boss dresses up as Jesus Christ and it's not a good representation