Parent reviews for The Othersiders

The Othersiders Poster Image

Rather CREEPY

This is creepy, and teens?! It is entertaining, but extremely gross and violent diolauge and images, some flirting between teens, and most of all IT'S NOT FAKE so it is ultra-creepy, for 14+

WHAT did CN just do!?

OMG!

Some episodes have words like (holy crap, what the heck, I can't see a d**n thing, and this is freakin cool)

xxl

merci

Who's influencing your child's worldview?

Just to add a different note. Parents should be aware that the Cartoon Network is now in the business of shaping your child's beliefs about life after death. If you are religious or otherwise object to the idea of spirits inhabiting the earth, you may want to keep them away from this show, which follows a group of teens trying to determine if a building is "haunted". My 10-year-old daughter and I had a long talk about what our faith teaches about the spirit world, as well as how acting, editing, and producer manipulation can create some very convincing scenes. She's lost her enthusiasm for the show. I'd say that the Cartoon Network should stick to cartoons, but I've seen their cartoons.

No kids 8 or younger, it'll scare my little brother.

Love it! I like a good TV show that can scare me! :) It also has some pretty amazing facts and I'm only nine and a half!

Whatever.

So it's okay to blatantly lie to children to sell television now? The Othersiders is Blair Witch Project, but prays on an audience that isn't mature enough to realize it's fake. One to avoid unless your child understands that it's entirely fictional.
For one it is a cheap copy of the real show "Ghost Hunters" with too preppy to be real kids. It is real bad when shows have to rip off each others. You want to teach your kids the value of originality, stay away from cheap imitations. Heck, they are doing a show on the Cruise Liner the Ghost hunters showed to be not haunted also. I will bet it will suddenly put back into question, to keep tourism up on that ship....