Parent reviews for The Owl House

The Owl House Poster Image

Fantastic, despite other reviews.

As a non-religious parent, it is safe to say that The Owl House is a great show for children. It is quite entertaining and some of the character development is flawless. The animation is not lazy and the storyline is fantastic. I recommend this show to preteens as it might be easier to understand and take from the messages. This show does have plenty of flaws but the crude behavior is pretty acceptable and not too bad for well-taught children. Many people believe that the witchcraft is being praised but just think of it like Harry Potter, it is used for entertainment purposes and a lot of it really isn't that bad. If you have common sense you should know that it is not real and so should your children. Another thing that might of been established is the lgbtqia+ representation which I believe is a great way to start normalizing it to children. If you have somthing against that then you have been warned. In summary I think young children can watch this title and it is an fantastical show.

4 people found this helpful.

Enjoyable for adults and kids alike

This is one of those cartoons that's enjoyable for adults too! Both my 9 year old boy and 6 year old girl love it! So many fun and clever jokes and references in it!

2 people found this helpful.

What every socially awkward and possibly gay middle schooler needs to watch

2 people found this helpful.

Sweet, Inclusive Cartoon that your Teen, tween and elementary age-kids could watch together!

My teen daughters introduced me to this show, and we watch it together — it is such a sweet sci-fi, adventure, and romance rolled into one! It has well-developed characters, is pro LGBTQ+, encourages problem solving and teamwork, and addresses different issues that might come up for your 2nd grader the same way it would for your 11 year old or 14 year old (Does this person like me? Do I fit in?) Inclusivity is an enormous theme throughout the show. I encourage you to watch it with your kids; it could get you talking about lots of different things without feeling like you need to sit down and watch an after-school special.

1 person found this helpful.

great for queer and neurodivergent children

I'm a autistic nonbinary lesbian and I love the owl house. The character designs are great, the plot is entertaining,the queer repersentation is great. The main character is a bisexual afrolatina gnc girl with adhd who is dating a lesbian witch who is implied to have autism and adhd (not confirmed) theres also gay parents, and a nonbinary transmasculine black character (who may be a nonbinary lesbian but its not confirmed) there is a lot of queer and poc repersentation which alone is great. Don't listen to strict religious parents owl house has positive messages,relatable characters,diversity,good rolemodels and a good plot. and Its great for kids interested in horror and gothic things without being to violent or gorey.

Best Show Ever.

this is one of the greatest shows of all time. the writing? immaculate. the art? spectacular. the representation? brilliant. if you don’t watch this show, what are you doing with your life? if you’re leaving bad reviews, you’re a homophobic jerk. everyone should watch this show. dana terrace is a genius. dana terrace is amazing. if you don’t support dana terrace, you’re insane. this show is the greatest show i’ve ever watched.

Great series!

The Owl House age range

I just said I think The Owl House is a awesome show and it should be for 12 and older not 8 and older because it shows friendships, bravery, having fun adventures with friends, creativity, and witches and demons fighting with each other in magical duels and romance with Luz and Amity being girlfriends as Lumity!

The fantastic world

The series is very fantastic and incredible, it is a goo to learn to ove and have good friendship and discipline.