All parent member reviews for The Penguins of Madagascar

Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 12, 2012

It rocks!

The Penguins of Madagascar is one of my all time favorite nicktoons ever! It has some pretty cool characters,and a great storyline! I hope it lasts a long time! Hopefully it will stay for good! Yep,Nick would be stupid for cancelling this and wasting their money on Robot & Monster! Good thing POM is staying!
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written bymikenlei March 8, 2011

Fine for older elementary, but not really the little guys.

My kids love it. I do find my 6 year old trying to repeat some of their kung-fu style moves but that's about it. On the up side, my boys like to replicate the 'spy' moves and go around the house hiding around the corners from each other. It has certainly stimulated their imaginations in creating all kinds of make believe situations. No language or 'sexy' stuff for the little kids. The only warning I provide is if your household is sensitive to some of the cartoon violence. It is nothing like the old Tom and Jerry cartoons, though.
Adult Written byJEDI micah April 22, 2012

THEY DESERVE A SHOW!

I am a Madagascar fan, and when I saw the commercial for this show, I couldn't wait to see it! It may not be like the Madagascar movies, but I do think it is entertaining! If you like Mission: Impossible, you would probably like this show!
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 18, 2012

Really cute!

I love the Madagascar movie franchise.This is even better yet! The animation is colorful and the penguins are pretty cute.My favorite character is King Julien! He is SO funny!
Parent Written byjbj6 June 15, 2011
Parent of a 5 year old Written bydgjd March 22, 2010

My five year old loves it, I am on the fence

A milder version of Looney-Tune type cartoons.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byJamie and James March 15, 2010

Giggle, wiggle

All I can say in this action-packed comedy, all my daughter Jamie can do is laugh. Can't say much more, it is pretty funny. She once also commented on the"purty stuff they see and do"-I did not say that. Giggle, giggle.
Parent Written byronnellel November 27, 2014

imho

Make great popcorn at home and rent a great movie and watch that movie you rented. IMHO, this hyped up movie was a waste of my money and I am not happy. My grandkids wanted to go, of course. Poor kids never saw any story line with any inconsistencies. But this is just my opinion
Parent of a 8, 10, and 14 year old Written byIamASafeOne April 6, 2013

Good

I think this show isn't bad, It's a spin-off of Madagascar, the movie, which is as appropriate as this. This is a better and funny spy show, This has cartoon violence (like almost every nick cartoon) Love (with a doll) and "booty" references (King Julien) I think it's kind of real life, but it's mainly entertaining, and eye-catching. I like how Private is safe and careful, but everyone else makes fun of him, but at the end, they end up liking him for who he is. That's a good lesson. There's rarely any manners, but it's full of cartoon action and has a good spy theme song. It's a good time-passer and fun to watch, no sexual innuedo, no cursing, but my 10 year old did point out Private was named for his d--- (I am not sure though) Just one problem. Rico. He seems to have ate every single attack and spy gadget in the world, because whenever the other penguins ask him for gadgets, he throws them up. The penguins don't even say thank you. There's slapstick and making fun of (for the humor) Kids will enjoy it, it's funny.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 18, 2012

the penguins of madagascar

Families can talk about the cartoon critters featured in the series. Why do you think they were chosen to get their own show? How does this series compare to the Madagascar movies? How is a real-life penguin different from the animated version? How do lemurs really live in the wild? How do animals' lives change when they're raised in captivity? Are zoos good or bad for animals' well-being?
Parent of a 5 year old Written bymvolatile March 12, 2011
Educator and Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byMrs. W April 1, 2010

Deliciously silly

We watch this show as a family and howl together at lines like, "I've got my freak on for recon" and "Intel is sketchy." It's a silly parody of the spy genre and a continuing and lovely tale of friendship. Enjoy with your kids!
Witty dialogue and entertaining characters make this a fun family option. There is some violence portrayed, similar to Tom & Jerry or the Roadrunner & the Coyote but really it is minimal. There are references to "booties" but that is about it. All in all, it is very entertaining. It is not an educational resource.
Parent Written byGrandpa Jim February 12, 2010

Mission impossible show for kids.

My grandson has seen the movies and really likes this show. In order to have a story something must go wrong. That's usually caused by the lemur "king" Julien. And then the Penguins under the leadership of the Skipper work as a team to resolve the problem through trial and error. There is a lot of slap stick humor that five year olds seem to love.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bymommyjha January 23, 2010
Our entire family enjoys this show.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bymomogirl December 6, 2009

GREAT SHOW!

I love this show! It is pretty good and I don't think that there are any problems with it. Kowalski also uses good vocabulary that can help kids enlarge their language...in a good way.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byMilesFlyer September 28, 2009

Great for Parents and Kids!

Kids love it and the adult humor written in has us loving it too! Beats Barney any day!
Parent of a 5, 12, and 12 year old Written byscoccermom22 July 15, 2009

funny

my kids love this show
Adult Written byjacobnolan777 June 29, 2009
I Just Saw A New one That Sade What The Deuce!
Adult Written byThe JP Show May 25, 2009

Lessons

Great show for little kids.