Parent reviews for The Penguins of Madagascar

The Penguins of Madagascar Poster Image

imho

Make great popcorn at home and rent a great movie and watch that movie you rented. IMHO, this hyped up movie was a waste of my money and I am not happy. My grandkids wanted to go, of course. Poor kids never saw any story line with any inconsistencies. But this is just my opinion

Good

I think this show isn't bad, It's a spin-off of Madagascar, the movie, which is as appropriate as this. This is a better and funny spy show, This has cartoon violence (like almost every nick cartoon) Love (with a doll) and "booty" references (King Julien) I think it's kind of real life, but it's mainly entertaining, and eye-catching. I like how Private is safe and careful, but everyone else makes fun of him, but at the end, they end up liking him for who he is. That's a good lesson. There's rarely any manners, but it's full of cartoon action and has a good spy theme song. It's a good time-passer and fun to watch, no sexual innuedo, no cursing, but my 10 year old did point out Private was named for his d--- (I am not sure though) Just one problem. Rico. He seems to have ate every single attack and spy gadget in the world, because whenever the other penguins ask him for gadgets, he throws them up. The penguins don't even say thank you. There's slapstick and making fun of (for the humor) Kids will enjoy it, it's funny.

It rocks!

The Penguins of Madagascar is one of my all time favorite nicktoons ever! It has some pretty cool characters,and a great storyline! I hope it lasts a long time! Hopefully it will stay for good! Yep,Nick would be stupid for cancelling this and wasting their money on Robot & Monster! Good thing POM is staying!

THEY DESERVE A SHOW!

I am a Madagascar fan, and when I saw the commercial for this show, I couldn't wait to see it! It may not be like the Madagascar movies, but I do think it is entertaining! If you like Mission: Impossible, you would probably like this show!

Really cute!

I love the Madagascar movie franchise.This is even better yet! The animation is colorful and the penguins are pretty cute.My favorite character is King Julien! He is SO funny!

Fine for older elementary, but not really the little guys.

My kids love it. I do find my 6 year old trying to repeat some of their kung-fu style moves but that's about it. On the up side, my boys like to replicate the 'spy' moves and go around the house hiding around the corners from each other. It has certainly stimulated their imaginations in creating all kinds of make believe situations. No language or 'sexy' stuff for the little kids. The only warning I provide is if your household is sensitive to some of the cartoon violence. It is nothing like the old Tom and Jerry cartoons, though.

Deliciously silly

We watch this show as a family and howl together at lines like, "I've got my freak on for recon" and "Intel is sketchy." It's a silly parody of the spy genre and a continuing and lovely tale of friendship. Enjoy with your kids!

My five year old loves it, I am on the fence

A milder version of Looney-Tune type cartoons.