All parent member reviews for The Pink Panther

Adult Written byLowe's man July 12, 2014

a clean and worry-free choice

Although the cartoons are obviously dated because there's no dialogue, and while there's generally not much of a plot, it's good and clean for kids (and adults) who enjoy this type of program. Also, the music, composed by Henry Mancini, can't be beaten. The only thing that parents could potentially find objectionable is the use of cigars, something that wasn't frowned on when these cartoons were made in the 1970s. That is something that parents will want to explain to their children if the issue or question ever comes up.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byspeakercode August 4, 2010

Great for kids if you watch with them

My 4yr old absolutely loves Pink Panther and finds him hysterical. Granted, yes, it does have pipe and cigarette smoking, but you'll find those in real life. Also, having an exploding cigar is a bit of a deterrent from smoking. If you're sensitive to guns, I think there's some guns in there but if you're a responsible parent watching this with your kids, you can explain everything in there.
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byMaryMiSC April 9, 2008

Can't recommend it for very little kids.

The Inspector still has cigars blowing up in his face. Ixnay on the cigars.
Adult Written byweskimcom April 9, 2008

Warning about DVD collection

Our 6- and 8-year-olds loved these cartoons, and it was a kick for me to see episodes I hadn't seen since childhood. However, please be aware that in addition to the smoking mentioned in the main review, the complete collection on DVD contains episodes that deal comically and blatantly with alcoholism and drunkeness. Went over my kids' heads at the time, but I was waiting for some awkward questions.