Parent and Kid Reviews on

The Pink Panther Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 8 parent reviews

Sort by:

Fun for preschoolers, torture to parents

While preschoolers love this show, parents find it annoying. For one thing, the pilot episode "The Pink Phink" was just stupid. Paint cans growing into plants? Come on! The other episodes are no better. Each next episode is dumber than the last, real birds inside a cuckoo clock? This show will only appeal to preschoolers. Oh, and if you want to torture someone, buy the whole set and lock them in a room with only this to watch. This show will make adults dumber and louder. Please only show this to preschoolers.
1 person found this helpful.

Pink panther’s cartoons

It’s like Tom and Jerry or Looney Tunes Scooby Doo Mr Ed lots of play on words but instead silent films era style. I think it’s worth watching because it’s made for simpler timeless times gone by is about greatest times gone by magical simple times. There was only one I didn’t understand it was pink punk but for most part I find it hilarious it reminds me of simpler days care free days here’s episode guidelines https://at.tumblr.com/timelesstimesgoneby/episode-volume-1-s01e01-the-p…

A great show, ignore the bad reviews

There ARE scenes of smoking and drugs, but other than that its ok. The recent reviewers need to calm down, they complain over "stupid" things, but remember this show is for children. It's a great 80s animation that manages to still be funny sometimes. Don't watch the later episodes though. Those are terrible.

One of the greatest cartoons ever

The pink panther movies and then pink panther cartoons are awesome, but for different reasons. I think that I really enjoyed the pink panther cartoons for some of the same reasons that I enjoyed the looney toons cartoons. They had a touch of class and their was true art to what they did. The pink panther cartoons were awesome because the main character, the pink panther, hardly ever talked. There were very few episodes when he actually said anything and typically it was only a line or two at most. The rest was filled with comedy, music, silly cartoon sound effects, and a wide array of walk on roles by other animated characters. The give and take of the character was another redeeming aspect. The main character was never always the winner or always the loser and managed to give the lumps in some episodes and in other, was the lump magnet. It made for an interesting viewing to see both sides show up all in one character. I strongly recommend this cartoon series, if not only for my favorite character, but for all of the side shows that came with the package.

Love this panther and the crazy things he does!

Maybe a 3-star, probably not

a clean and worry-free choice

Although the cartoons are obviously dated because there's no dialogue, and while there's generally not much of a plot, it's good and clean for kids (and adults) who enjoy this type of program. Also, the music, composed by Henry Mancini, can't be beaten. The only thing that parents could potentially find objectionable is the use of cigars, something that wasn't frowned on when these cartoons were made in the 1970s. That is something that parents will want to explain to their children if the issue or question ever comes up.

Great for kids if you watch with them

My 4yr old absolutely loves Pink Panther and finds him hysterical. Granted, yes, it does have pipe and cigarette smoking, but you'll find those in real life. Also, having an exploding cigar is a bit of a deterrent from smoking. If you're sensitive to guns, I think there's some guns in there but if you're a responsible parent watching this with your kids, you can explain everything in there.