All teen and kid member reviews for The Powerpuff Girls

Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake July 24, 2010

Its okay

Oh for crying out loud people, they do not curse in this show, grow up! I watched this show sinse I was little, it aint my favorite, but I've seen enough to know weither they curse or not, geeze. They aren't that violent, the only thing I would worry about is Ms.Bellum's a little sedusive, and she flirts as a motive, and the villins are sometimes really scary.. Him kind of reminds me of the devil. Otherwise, not bad at all! Some people over exagerate. I understand some people hate the show, thats fine, just don't make up lies thats pathetic. (No offence guys) Oh, and the closest thing I saw with drugs was the Profeser smokes a pipe.
Kid, 11 years old August 3, 2011

CN has to put the show back on.

Awesome show! It is funny. I have been watching this show ever since I was 2. And I don't find it too girly. I mean girls who are superheroes, what girls do that? Boys can watch the show too. I am a dude, and I love this show.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAmanda Please September 25, 2011

Don't listen to Common Sense Media.

To everyone that thinks this show is violent and not at all appropriate for kids: I grew up on this show, literally. To this day, I still watch this show and the movie; I'm 17 years old. This show was/is amazing, and I thoroughly enjoy watching it--no matter how many times I've seen the episode already! Oh, and FYI, I'm a goody-two-shoes. I don't drink, ever, I don't do any sort of drugs, I follow the rules, I would NEVER even DREAM of hurting someone (physically or emotionally), and I get good grades. I have friends, I want to be a pharmacist or a teacher, I'm going to college soon... Hm...I think I turned out pretty well for someone who watched a "violent" and "full of mayhem" show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPrecociousBubblegum February 25, 2015

Great!

This is an amazing show made by the creators of Dexter's Lab. There is violence, but not in a bloody or scary way, and the main characters only beat up someone if they are evil and deserve it. The humor is good, and the occasional radar-pushing joke make it fun for all ages, child and adult.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwilights April 25, 2015

It's a great cartoon!

I think it's a wonderful show! It is silly and has a lot of humor in it. There is a lot of violence, though. Some of the violence and fighting isn't to bad but I would recommend that it's for children 8 and under. Anyway, I still think it's suitable for children.
Teen, 17 years old Written byxSugar-Petals May 23, 2014

Common sense media is such a fraud

This show is very nice but csm is too lazy to watch the damned whole thing. The are a ton of fans and the show is very amusing.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypeanutbuttergurl6 November 25, 2009

why is it cancled again?

if only they would bring this show back! l had the whole room set when i was 7. the violence was nothing and it's full of cartoon humor. besides who could forget the rowdy ruff boys?
Teen, 15 years old Written bykyleReeselives January 9, 2016

The page for this is a lie

The review on the main page has 1 dot for positive messages. That's not true in any way, and why? Because they seem to fight crime out of hate for crime rather than their desire to do the right thing. But that's not all, they just about always beat criminals beyond what's necessary, they even conspire with some at times for no good reason, they endanger civilians, and at times do more destruction than the baddies they fight. So yeah, you can forget the "everything nice" ingredient. Buttercup is a horrible hero as she not only fights them, but deeply enjoys it, she's clearly in it for the violence and not the goodwill. And let's just say Blossom and bubbles never really have a clear line between her and themselves, though bubbles is still better. And the criminals sometimes don't get there comupeance, and when they do, they never change at all, nor get punished thoroughly. The people of the city of Townsville are lazy, incompetent, and unappreciative towards the girls. The only good role model is the professor. So basically, there's not much of a clear distinction between the heroes and the known anti-heroes the watchmen. This is another attempt by cartoon network to poison children's minds
Kid, 11 years old February 21, 2015

BEST.BEST.BEST

I watched it when I was in kindergarten and it is still awesome to me. I'm quite upset that there are no fantastic cartoons like PPG these days (all 3D crap etc). Anyway, it's the BEST. CARTOON. EVER. If you think it's childish, screw you- it's a cartoon for kids, duh.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypizza yoshi July 27, 2014

One of my favorites!

Even though I'm a guy, I will sit down and watch this show on Boomerang whenever it comes on. It's that good! It may be a bit violent for younger viewers, but for 7 year olds and up, it should be fine. A recomended show for girls and boys!
Teen, 15 years old Written byLovelyGirl49 July 8, 2014

everything is wrong with this show

I remind I was 5 years old when I watched for the first time at the powerpuff girls and I really used to hate that show.i changed the channel every time when this show was on.more years later,seeing how much people love this show,i decided to give it a change and watch at it again.it was as bad as when I was a kid and watched at it for the first time.i'm sorry guys,but powerpuff girls is a really bad show. Animation : bad.it's the same animation over and over.it's too repetitively and there are too much clichés. Art : it looks like they spent 2 minutes to draw a single character.even my 6 years old little brother can draw better than this. Characters : stupid,idiotic and annoying.the powerpuff girls are really unpleasant and pathetic.all of them are too 'imperfect'.i mean,blossom thinks she's smartest but she isn't since she made tons of mistakes (even more than buttercup and bubbles).bubbles is really annoying and naïve and usually she's just a dumb crybaby.buttercup is rude and violent,having a bad temper which isn't good for kids.the professor is such a goddamn loser since he can't do the difference between a monster and his brother.the mayor is the most annoying character in the show (he's even more annoying than bubbles).why the people are finding him funny? he isn't! he's just an old moron who doesn't do anything to help his city.miss bellum is mayor's assistant and her face was never seen.why the hell the directors from this show doesn't allow us to see her face!? maybe because,she has no face or something.the villains are too generic.it looks like the writers were too lazy to find new ones because they used the same villains in every epiosode.mojo jojo appeared in more than 50 episodes from this show for god's sake! Action : too violent.it's full of punches,blood,fights.it would be more better if the villains would become good guys at the end of the show. Humour : it doesn't even exist.i never laughed at this show in my entire life.not even a smile! this show isn't funny,it's stupid! I saw buttercup farting in an episode-gross! Voice-acting : the voice acting is bad too.the voices are too babyish and it looks like the powerpuff girls are voice by little girls.bubbles's voice is the most annoying.tara strong exaggerated when she thought that it would be a good idea if she did an overly-pitched voice.also,buttercup sounds too much like tommy pickles from rugrats (I know they are voiced by the same actress but come on!) and Blosoom has a really pitched voice too. Plot : there's no plot. Stories : there are the same stories over and over and it gets boring. Dialogues : childish and stupid The final grad: -F (-1)
Teen, 17 years old Written byBLJgreat July 6, 2014

the worst cartoon network show ever

whoever like this show is retarded.the only reason because everyone loves this piece of crap is because of the childhood memories.the wrong things at this show are: 1.it's the same story over and over. 2.the main characters are annoying 3.the art-style is corny and crappy
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheSuperGuy July 5, 2014
I am a boy and I disliked this show.that's because the main characters are crappy and annoying.blossom is arrogant and bossy,bubbles is naïve and immature and buttercup is rude and merciless.i despise all of them,but I despise bubbles the most.she's really annoying,she cries all the time and her voice is irritating.i dislike tara strong for voicing that freaky cry-baby but I like her since she did young ben's voice in ben 10.powerpuff girls is a really stupid show,it has the same goddamn plot over and over! if you want to watch at a good show,watch batman instead.
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2011

stop hating!!! this show is amazing!

A great show that I believe people don't have the right to criticize negatively. So what it's full of monstrous violence? That's what makes it extraordinary from other superhero cartoons back in the day! And so what if PG merch was starting to conquer? This is a sweet, spicy, and superb cartoon that your kids should watch if they already know their taste in monsters & villains.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny October 25, 2011

Action-packed fun (ignore CSM)...

Hmm...Fanboy & Chum Chum three stars? What's next? The Problem Solverz five stars? If you're giving Powerpuff Girls a two, then you obviously know nothing about cartoons. I'm just so glad I wasn't raised by an overprotective, CommonSenseMedia parent who probably lets their 15-year-old watch only Barney all day. I agree that violence can be bad for children, but seriously, there is nothing wrong with PPG to the point where you can give it two stars. I mean, what the heck? Anyways, rant aside, this is a really great show! Yes, there is violence: kicking, punching, etc. But, it's not like I haven't seen it before in any other cartoon. And besides, what else are they gonna do if monsters are attacking the city: make friends with the him and tell him to stop? No, the same thing applies to reality. Do you think a bank robber is gonna stop robbing banks if we do nothing about it? Again, no. That's exactly why we have the police. Now, there is some material that might not be suitable for littler children, but hey, no big deal. If you think they're not ready for this type of show, then just wait a little while until you think they are. But to be honest, the only thing that ever scared me on this show was HIM, but other than that, everything else was alright. I used to watch this show when I was a toddler and I came out just fine. I don't go around kicking and punching random people and not to mention, I hate gory movies/games. Also, there are lessons learnt in each episode and the villains never succeed, so it's still a positive, happy show. Just ignore CSM and give this one a try. It's really, really good.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

powerpuff girls

what do you expect them to do?? make friends with villians?? go up to them an give them a big hug an try to convince them to be good?? good luck with that. i use to be obsessed with show was i was a kid. i even had powerpuff girl themed birthday party and use to have the blossom plush toy. heck i even named my dog an cat after them(bubbles and blossom). but m not a violent person even though i watch it. you cant take it seriously. i mean its a cartoon, and kids are going to have to be exposed to violence sooner or later. you cant just shield them form it forever. violence exits in the real world. in most shows , especially the best ones, there is going to violence even if its just a little in it,
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe Liberator August 17, 2009

WHAT?

i agree with Mrs kitty the mayor never said the F word that's ridiculous. I love this TV show I've been watching since i was only 2! and i never took any of the violence seriousl and plus..... how are the powerpuff girls supposed to ask Mo jo jo nicely to stop turning people into dogs i mean anyone would punch Mo jo jo in the face if your dad was turned into a dog so i to rest my case....also I've never seen any recognizable products in p p girls
Teen, 14 years old Written byPowerbiscuit July 28, 2014

HIM

HIM is the only creepy thing I have found speed demon is a creepy episode and it involves the Him I do not want to tell the end but it is a really creepy episode
Teen, 14 years old Written byObvious Troll April 9, 2008

You Silly People

I watched this as a little girl and never once got in to any trouble involving violence. You parents who say that your child turned violent need to look at other places of influence rather than point a finger at the first suspect you find. Your children will be exposed to violence, sex, drugs, etc. one way or another. So what is your next solution? Possibly keep your children in a bubble? Adults like you are the true immature ones here.
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2013

Good animation, funny for kids, and for sure the best CN show along with other cartoons

The Powerpuff Girls is probably one of the lightest takes on violence behind "Teen Titans Go!". Sure, some villains are scary and creepy, but it doesn't effect the show. The bickering is funny, leading to actual conflicts and climaxes. Common Sense Media's reviews are not always using there best judgement, especially this one, since they only gave it two stars. This is five-star quality, this show. There is some blood(usually coming from someone's nose when getting kicked in the face), but it only last 2-5 seconds until they are healed. The girls are very cute, with there huge eyes and loss of noses(reminds me of anime). Now that draws me into the animation, which succeeds on so many levels. This show has an original drawing style, but still can relate to other TV shows, too. Common Sense Media seems to ruin every good show for everybody, and if I reviewed this show's full review, it would be exactly what I've been writing. Watch it, guys.