Parent reviews for The Secret Circle

Witchy thriller has sexy edge that's best for mature teens.

Educator Written byacamba October 17, 2011

Highly sexual content

I am a parent of a 9-year old who loves fantasy and magic stories but is a young-minded preteen who isn't ready for sexual content. After watching the first 4 episodes of The Secret Circle, I personally think it's not for any kid under 16. There is very graphic sexual scenes between high school students. They show two friends having habitual sex, with the boy doing it for fun and the girl secretly liking him. The scene is very explicit with showing the girl removing shirt and taking bra off with full back view. The only way there was no frontal nudity was that she was slightly angled. The latest episode had a high school couple about to have sex and showed foreplay by having whipped cream placed on neck and chest and then moving to the bedroom with girl only in lace bra and panty. It got even more explicit. So needless to say, this is not appropriate for children.

Parent Written bypersonperson123 April 19, 2012

11 plus

great show, great for 11 and up

Positive messages
Adult Written byTigerPickles February 12, 2012

Woah.

The sexual behavior in this show surprised me seeing as it's marketed to teens. Lots of sexual scenes between two of the main characters that had me raising my eyebrows and thinking I was watching Grey's Anatomy with an extra dose of anatomy.

Parent Written bymarinav January 10, 2015
Adult Written byMovieCertificate November 2, 2011

Mature

Some violence, few suggestive scenes, frightening images. Suitable for teenagers.

Adult Written byDonae L. December 13, 2017

It was Unique

The Secret Circle was a very unique show that had A LOT of potential. The first few episodes were eh, but by the time the last episode came i was SO invested. The show had a new twist on magic and how it was used, as a fantasy lover i really enjoyed that. Its just too bad that the CW dropped it, and would rather have boring and cheesy shows like Jane the Virgin, reign, or the flash.

Positive messages