All teen and kid member reviews for The Shield

Teen, 17 years old Written bytvlover101 July 23, 2013

Amazing show, but wait till you're a little older...

The Shield takes an honest look in to the lives of law enforcement officers who have to face some of the most violent and disgusting criminals in a highly populated city. While the majorty of the cops have a strong moral compas and intend to do what is best for their community, their tactics are often rough and they become as violent as the criminals they are catching. Furthermore, their are main characters who don't necessarily do the right things for the right reason. Four of the lead characters steal money from a money laundering scheme to retire comfortably, and try to hide their tracks all the way till the series finale - turning in on one another. There are issues of graphic rape, drug use, and murders, as well as issues with infidelity, divorce, homophobia, and parents who are not as invested in their kids lives. Sexual content is graphic enough to justify the show being on cable, and partial nudity is common. There is a lot of sensitive language as well. On a more pleasing note, the show has some of the best acting and story telling on television. Chiklis, Goggins, Martinez, and Pounder deliver some their best acting till date, and the show has cattapulted writers like Sons of Anarchy creater Kirk Sutter, and actors like Justlifed star Walt Goggins in to successful and entertaining televison. It is a much watch for adults who like hard hitting tv, but only for older teens who can handle the sensitive content.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChrislloyd April 9, 2008

Eh ... not for kids at all

I started watching this because I am huge fan of cop shows and action shows. Remember before watching this: This IS NOT a show for kids. I am a kid and I watch it, but it doesn't make it right. If my parents knew what content was in this show, they would not be proud of my liking this program. Sex is the biggest issue. This show has to have sex in every episode. It will either be in dialogue or in activity. Nudity is included in this program as well. Sex ranges from normal to disturbing. There is a story arc in the later half of season 3 and the begining of season 4 where a character has a fetish of violent sexual acts with hookers and recreates his own rape with them and more. Violence is also very strong and goes from shooting to torture. Language includes all words. They do say "s--t" and "f--k" uncensored. But, I will admitt, the uses of "f--k" are only on DVD and dubbed out of the TV versions.
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2010
the shield is a very great show!, perfect writing, acting, and hard to let go of ! ( TV-MA,V,S,L).