All teen and kid member reviews for The Simpsons

Teen, 16 years old Written byracolson February 27, 2011

Awesome show for 6+

Good show all around, one of my favorite shows. I have been watching this since i was about 6 and honestly i think its good for kids 6+. There isn't too much violence or cussing, although Homer excessively drinks beer. Either way, a very well written show except for the latest episodes (2004-Present). I would prefer the older ones.
Kid, 10 years old October 13, 2010

Awesome show!!

Great show, nothing worse than d--n or a-s. Iffy 10+, on 12+. Common Sense has it wrong, as this is NOT aimed at adults, as it is partly a older family show.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCoolj204 May 29, 2009

Caution: READ THIS REVIEW IF YOUR KID IS WACTHING THIS SHOW.

Listen up parents, if your kids are wacthing this, they may be at risk. Back when it first came out, it was clean, now i do not know what happend to it. It has uses of curses,drugs, and other inpropiate talk that kids may repeat. Please, if your child is wacthing the new episodes, stay with them because they may see some things NOT for their age. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU MAKE SURE KIDS YOUNGER THEN 10 DONT REPEAT THE THINGS THEY DO ON THIS SHOW. SO PLEASE, BE CAUTION WHEN WACTHING THIS SHOW WITH KIDS. IT HAS SOME 'SEX WORDS', BUT NOT VERY HARSH BUT KIDS MAY STILL BE AT DANGER. THANK YOU FOR READING ME COMMENT. -Coolj204
Kid, 9 years old May 15, 2010
I love it perfect for ages 9+ ages 6-8 Parent supervison
Kid, 12 years old April 14, 2013

nice funny family show for all ages

the simpsons is every family's favorite show i have watched this show since i was a baby but the new episodes that come out are for more older kids like 9 up give your family a chance on a show they will love suitable for the whole family
Kid, 11 years old December 9, 2012

The Best For Eleven And Up

I think it is good for eleven and up or someone who knows not to have sex, violence or drugs. Bart isn't a good role model (In the movie, he drank beer.) Homer is an alcoholic and hangs out at the bar and sometimes swears. (Violent) Marge is Homer's wife (Not a big problem) Lisa is very nice, she is one of the only positive role models. Then there's the baby who isn't a problem at all. I think this is a pretty good family-friendly show and movie. The newer episodes are rated TV-14 though. The old ones are rated PG. The TV-14 ones made in 2011-2012 has sex (It doesnt show anything other than butt though and noises) So I think it is a pretty good show.
Kid, 12 years old January 29, 2011

Has some hidden dirty jokes (but don't worry, because little kids won't get it anyways) I think pretty much anybody can watch this, it isn't that bad
Teen, 15 years old Written byleahcar June 8, 2014

A classic in cartoons

The Simpsons is a very popular, long-running animated sitcom about the titular dysfunctional yellow family. There's Homer, a beer-drinking dimwitted father, his hardworking stay-at-home wife Marge, their daredevil son Bart, and their two daughters: intelligent Lisa and baby Maggie. In my opinion, the newer episodes aren't as good as the older ones, so if you have never watched The Simpsons and would like to, I suggest you look up the older ones. Although this is a cartoon, this is not intended for children. Some of the humour in this cartoon is reliant on pop culture, sexual innuendo and alcohol, and there is some mild language. Stereotypes make themselves present as well, but all for comedic appeal. Comical violence is also seen, and is sometimes quite brutal. All in all, though, The Simpsons is very tame in comparison to other adult animated shows such as South Park and Family Guy.
Teen, 17 years old Written byibarncat February 3, 2012

Clever, witty cartoon has stood the test of time very well

Quite simply, this is the greatest animated sitcom of all time, not that there are that many animated sitcoms. It has very brilliant satire in a show that family audiences ought to be able to watch. The only problems with calling it a family show are the occasional innuendos and the increasing amount of violence that the show is using. But other than that, the show is perfectly safe for kids. That is, if they can understand why this show is so funny and so well-written. Essentially, if this show is EVER put on cable, it should be on [email protected], not Adult Swim.
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2010

awesome i love this show

i love it and I'm only ten
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2010

great!

i watched it when i was 5 or 6 just because of the slapstick and cartoons. Nothing to worry about as i didn't care about the jokes i didn't understand then. Now i like it alot more.
Teen, 15 years old Written byshots April 9, 2008

best show (still around)

i would watch this every night before id go to bed when i was a kid this show got some real guts keep it up.. kids 5+ up should watch this show

hilarious, but not for kids

Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2016

One of the best cartoons yet!!

This cartoon is fine for tweens it's not that bad and there is barely any cursing homer may drink a lot of beer and characters smoke but it's not even bad and there this is in no way a adult cartoon it is for tweens and teens and it's not that inappropriate there is some stuff but it's there for humour
Teen, 14 years old Written byhomerboysimpson123 January 26, 2016

Love this show!

This is my favorite cartoon next to MLP, The classics (Seasons 1-10) Are spectacular! And later on (Seasons 11-15) Becomes a little bit more cruel and adultish and Seasons 16- present it is still good, even though not the absolute best. Seasons 1 and 2 can go towards a younger audience (9+) But after that, 12+. But anyways, this show is a classic! And will always remain as one of my favorite cartoons ever! It is funny, clever, smart, and will appeal to lots of people! So, go let your kid watch it! It's amazing!
Kid, 10 years old November 8, 2009

Good show, but iffy for less-mature kids.(especially boys, who might use some lewd refrences at school.)

I'm pretty mature (I'v seen Animal House, and own the M-rated video games Call of Duty4, Halo3, and Assassin's Creed)The simpsons is iffy, without a doubt. But, for a boy/girl who understands sex and violence and drugs it can be funny, and even have a positive message (sometimes), likein the episode where they portray anti-homosexuals as idiots.(Homer thinks Bart is gay, and he freaks when he finds out, and the iron smiths, and the buff gym members are gay, and it turns out that Bart is not.)However, boys/girls who don't get it (sex) might get a little... confused and think that sex is cool, and he should talk about to make himself seem cool.They drink heavily (espicially Homer), and have a few not-so-bad swears.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydkasal000 September 23, 2015

Great for tween familys

little swearing and mild but without some sex the family can all enjoy it
Kid, 10 years old March 1, 2015

Awesome show!

I watch the Simpsons with my dad on Sundays and it's really sketchy! Language- "hell, damn, ass" Sex- a bare butt, clues to a unseen sexual part, like, making out under the covers Violence - shotguns, Mr. Burns trying to kill Homer in a few episodes and other cartoon violence Drugs- LOTS of beer and some cigarettes. I'm 10, but this show would be for 13+ in logic! This show also has some great messages about family! Do'h!
Kid, 9 years old October 8, 2014

BEST COMEDY SHOW EVER!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS STUFF. Though there are swear words like hell, damn, ass, crap and b*tch
Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2013

great show

Very appropriate show meant for 10 year olds.it is very funny unless your child is amature USE YOUR COMMON SENSE OMMON SENSE JEEZ ITS A 3 YEAR old SHOW YOU WROTE 12?!?!?!?!?