Parent reviews for The Stranger

The Stranger Poster Image

Dark, Intriguing & Creepy

The Stranger is the perfect series for people who love mysteries and settings where nothing is as it seems. You'll be drawn in to watch it when you see the trailer and see that it's only 8 episodes long, but after you watch the first episode, you'll watch the second to see if a couple of loose ends are cleared up but that just results in more mysteries so you'll watch the next and the next and so on. It's a quick watch because of this but you'll be thinking about it all day trying to figure these mysteries out (you should be a detective if you can figure out everything revealed at the end). I found it to be an ok series but I'm personally more into a bit lighter films and series, the ending stays with you for a while, you think it over and I thought it kind of ruined it for me but everyone has they're own opinions. There's more violence in this then the review suggests as it gives you the impression there's only one body found. This is wrong as there are 4 bodies found (3 dead) and he review says that the only violence is a man attacking a woman and shooting her leg. This is also wrong as there are scenes where a man attacks 4 different woman in the space of about 20 minutes, all woman were unarmed and one of them was his own wife. The violence he commits is relatively brutal as he hits them against furniture, mirrors etc. and even shoots 3 of them. This also shows a scene where a child says "F**k" and a secondary plot line around a teenager taking very strong drugs at a party.

Great show but definitely for adults

It was soooo violent!

Left out of your review

As far as violence, there are extended shots of a murdered alpaca. That was it for me. Gratuitous.