All parent member reviews for The Suite Life on Deck

Adult Written byOriginal May 8, 2011

Best TV show

This is show is awesome, and Zack and Cody are funny
Parent of a 3, 8, and 10 year old Written byThespistls November 14, 2010

No Redeeming Qualities

I wish I understood why Disney can produce perfectly serviceable shows for preschoolers, but then nothing but drivel for anyone older. Suite Life, Wizards of Waverly Place, Good Luck Charlie, you name it, are all just 30 minute commercials for Disney’s Star Factory, which would be fine if they contained any positive messages or role models whatsoever. (Sorry guys, the 60 second Save the Planet spots between shows don't cut it.) The kids are all jaded, sarcastic and rude and the adults are buffoons. The only reason any character ever does the “right” thing is because they get caught doing the wrong one. Sorry, Walt, but you’re persona non grata in our house after age 5.
Adult Written byMidnightCresent June 22, 2010

Kids dont need to know about Teenage years yet!!

I don't like it very much, like at the very beginning was ok, and the ideas ok, but the actors are bad, and Cody and Baily constantly break up and date, its annoying. Cody's gotten to be pretty rude, and Zach isnt too bad, hes interesting, but he chases girls like a dog and the girls he usually dates for like one episode is always some moron. London has gotten so dumb its umbarrible, I'm tired of her screaming too. Baily can be ok, but shes an over reacter.. I'm sorry for those that do like it, I understand you have your own taste, I'm just expressing my opinon. I know the actors are trying, but they need to work better at it! I also wish they made everything look more realistic, like they use a green screen or something to make it look like they're outside, I'm not convinsed. Would it kill them to get fresh air? I may be forgetting something, I'm trying to remember it all.... perhaps that says it all, but I just want all of these sitcom deals to at least go to another channel because its messing with Walt Disney's reputation. I knew streight from the beginning the show would end up being mostly dating. Like that Paris episode! Sorry, I'm being too complainy...
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymom of the cool... May 17, 2010

Bratty show with worse messages and role models than people think.

Zack and Cody is the most annyoing show ever put on disney. My son likes it, but i think there are terrible role models on that show, especially Zack, London, and Woody.they also use lots of insults, about 10-15 per episode. The stereotypes (messages) are horrible too, like runnig around without parental supervision, and London thinking money can solve every problem.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written bymommydeb September 4, 2012

...and these twins are millionaires???

Two things really bother me about this show: One is the fact that the smart twin (I can't remember which) is often portrayed as dorky/geeky/no-fun, etc., and the other twin is non-stop flirtatious and only concerned about dating pretty girls. Come-on Disney...can't we get some better role-models for our boys than this!??
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 28, 2012

ok

lots of mischief
Parent of a 13 year old Written byroyalblue246 August 9, 2010

Worst show EVER I will never make my kids watch this!!!!!!!

I wish I could give it 0 stars this show is terianle! The actors I think are the worst I have ever seen!! Also this show has NEVER made my kids laugh, Zack is to girl crazy and is kinda offending sometimes. This is so tipical disney the hotel one was much better! London is the MOST annoying character I have ever seen or heard she is a dumd character who never has a smart moment like she had in the hotel series! The 2 boys who play Zack and Cody are also some of the worst actors every word they say is over acting and to chessy! I can't think of one character on that show that is worth seeing! And to make matters worse it is a dumb story line with practily NO plot, they live on a boat ....... that's all. I am VERRY dissapointed with this show I think it is the worst show I have ever experinced!! And it is NOT funny!
Parent of a 8 and 9 year old Written bylyonesse July 30, 2010

Noone should have to sit through a single episode

This is unwatchable.
Parent Written byBluffette July 21, 2014

Awful sexist drivel - sends numerous bad messages

This show is among the worst of the garbage put out by Disney TV. The male characters are constantly on the make. The female characters are objectified like crazy. The adults do this, and the kids do it. It is hard for me to find a positive message in here. I will say that one brother and his "girlfriend" are portrayed as being smart, but since everyone else makes fun of them for it, it's hard to say it's a plus. I understand this is popular with the elementary and even middle school crowd. It is painful to watch though. Honestly, as a parent, I have a hard time getting through an episode. It features the usual array of Disney TV stereotypical characters acting like stereotypical idiots. There is a rich girl who only cares about looking good, a heavy set guy who only cares about catching babes, and a bunch of really dumb adults. As usual for Disney TV, all the kids want to be paired up in a romantic relationship in order to feel complete.
Parent of an infant, 3, 9, 10, and 17 year old Written byMyNameIsBeaver April 17, 2013

Overall it's ok, Prefer the older one though.

Cons: They removed some good actors from the older version, the fake boat can be easily found fake, more "cheesy" jokes, add other stars from different Disney shows which My kids and I detest (except Jimmy and Timmy) Added some useless characters, more flirting, lazy and bad role models, some unrealistic things happen on boats, slapstick, throwing up, lots of kissing, barely any parent supervision, (except Moseby, which they make fun of!) some skimpy clothes, sometimes light or even no positive messages, too much breaking up and getting "back together", some personalities changed from ok to bad. Pros: Still the same main characters, nice theme song, appealing to some or most fans of the original suite life, different plots, plot twists, some funny things happen, mostly watchable, the same "brotherly bond", mostly same personalities of characters, left off where suite life original ended, few confusing parts, jokes easy to understand. 3 stars.
Adult Written byTropicalhurricane July 28, 2012

Cool show

I really liked the show, not as much as the suite life of zack and Cody....but still it was great
Parent of a 9 year old Written byfauvette January 16, 2011
Parent of a 2 year old Written bybmuelling07 November 6, 2010

Utterly mindless

I think it is a mindless show as well. The episodes are meaningless and the prime goal is "coming out ahead".
Parent of a 2 and 6 year old Written byAddiesmom September 16, 2010

Sassy mouth, sassy mouth, tisk, tisk, tisk.

This show may be okay for older kids and tweens, but at my house, with a 5 year old, we have it banned. My main objection to the show is different than the things mentioned below. I think the kids are snotty. They are disrespectful to each other and to the adults. It's all packaged as humor, but at my house, being "sassy" to grown-ups for a laugh, is unacceptable.
Parent of a 5 year old Written bykee10 August 14, 2010

Fine show for kids 7 plus

Silly and fun. Better acting than a lot of other disney shows.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byreviewer_3.14159265 July 17, 2010

kids will find it funny, but i think disney has gone too far.

I personally dislike it, but my son loves it. They insult each other way too much and I wouldnt want my son acting like any of the charachters either. Also, there are really bad messages like if youre smart youre a nerd. Disney has gone too far.
Parent of a 4, 5, and 7 year old Written by23momof3 July 1, 2010

fine

Its a fine show. I see nothing wrong with it. Its just a take off of the suit life of zack and cody.
Parent Written byMr Dad April 22, 2010

The London character is gets too much focus

This London character is ridiculous! Perhaps the producers believe she is ridiculous as well, but she sure gets a lot of screen time. She's supposed to be like Paris Hilton, an airheaded heiress. She gets way so much focus, plot lines and punch lines that it certainly feels as if the character is celebrated. The fact that she is proud of how dumb and girl-ish and materialistic says it all. She kills the show...and it ain't much to begin with. The boys need to get off the tube and experience their puberty elsewhere. Time to give it a rest.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byS Snape November 15, 2009

funny and a good kids show.

i think it is very good and funny but they insult each other almost every 2 minutes. most of the charachters are bad role modles, because zack and cody are brats sometimes and london only cares about money but it is very appropriate and even though its TV-G i think it should be Y7 or maybe even TV-PG
Parent of a 7, 12, and 15 year old Written bymonkey272 June 29, 2010

iffy for 11-13

it uses so many other disney things in their show, and shows that women are just prizes to be won, which is not appropriate. this london charecter thinks money is really important, and kids believe her