Parent reviews for The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon

The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon Poster Image

My review of the Tonight Show

It is funny at times,but there are very mean jokes about anyone and everything even on religion! Definitely not for kids nor sensitive teens/ adults. Everyone can get easily confused and offended by the remarks of the guests and the jokes of the host. Some games are good, the show can be very violent at times ( men hitting each other really hard),dangerous snakes on the show,excessive drinking from the host. Guests don't educate people on anything, they say useless things, except the scientists and those that run foundations. There is a lot of yelling on the show. Format has to be changed to focus on games (singing contests),skits, interviews to highly educated people,contests on who can win a car or a great vacation,etc and no talk at all about politics.

1 person found this helpful.

Jay Leno set the standard

Jay Leno was told by Johnny Carson one thing when taking the tonight show, and that was to never get political because the moment you do, you cut your audience in half. Jimmy Fallon decided it was okay to turn the tonight show into politics. Since I was 8 I’d watch the tonight show every night and now I never watch it because it’s pure politics. That’s not why I would watch,I watch to hear humor and to relax my day but Fallon has forever tainted the legacy there tonight show holds.

Tonight Show gives a younger audience target.

The Tonight Show is one of my favorite things to watch late at night. I think the show is appropriate for families since there is nothing that would offend them. Cursing is bleeped along with other stuff that should be bleeped. I think you should check this show out !

Lighthearted show sells out to avoid criticism.

We all know that not 'everyone enjoys everything' and if you see Fallons SNL work you can see his heavy, and even sometimes cynical skits so that you know he is not the 'I love everybody' he plays on The Tonight Show as he is well aware of his act and persona that he portrays. His "Golden Retriever with a microphone" status is as contrived as any movie charecter. That said, even as Fallon 'attempts' to say his show is not political or biased yet it still treads a very one sided opinion without any contrary discussion and panders to the wave of pop culture opinion to a fault. His SNL skits he still revisits shows that he is well aware and that he still has innappropriate material up his sleeve but plays the part for his Tonight Show gig. Often times guests are welcomed with easy banter and shamelessly made fun of in later shows which is very cowardly in my opinion. And with his side note monologues in pre show, he is indeed political without taking on the responsability of research or respectful discussion to the contrary. In short, there are 2 sides to every discussion, and Fallon always takes the easy road to a fault as to the extreme that he is irrelevant to anything meaningful outside of his framework pop entertainment industry liberal opinions. A safe haven for anyone who has unchalleneged popular rhetoric and just want to laugh and feel good before they go to bed without any true challenge or consequence, much like the inundation of the recent flood of so called "news comedy" shows which are neither news or actual comdy for pandering feel goodery. You may laugh, but to what end or challenge. Jimmy plays the part well playing the IT boy 'everybody is my best friend' act, but it's still just an act the same.

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (Classic TV show with Classic comedian is funny)

Violence: • (1/5)..., Just like most of these kinds of TV shows, there is just mild slap-stick violence. Language: ••• (3/5)..., Infrequent but yet occasionally strong language includes damn, hell, God, screw, butt, ass, a-----e, butthole, idiot, retarded, blows, sucks, balls, penis, vagina, b---h, and also freaking. Uses of f--k are bleeped through TV but not live on stage, (I have been to 3 shows). Sex: •• (2/5)..., Infrequent and yet not really strong at all sexual references/innuendo, but the guests usually start the sexual behavior. Drugs: •• (2/5)..., Games and skits sometimes include mild and infrequent drug references, they do drink alchohol in some of them though.

Ok for mature kids

I think this show is ok for kids that are mature and have a mature sense of humor there is no swearing and is a guest does swear then it is censored so yeah