All teen and kid member reviews for The Tudors

Teen, 14 years old Written byMakorra April 1, 2013

Great

Teen, 16 years old Written bysarahbeth16 May 26, 2014

Great show, very graphic

The Tudors is certainly entertaining, with talented actors (Natalie Dormer shines as Anne Boleyn, and Jonathan Rhys Meyers is the driving force behind all four seasons) and beautiful sets and costumes. However, there is *lot* of sex--both partial and full nudity, from both males and females. There is also some graphic violence (particularly in torture scenes as the seasons progress); characters use strong language ("s--t," "f--k") as well as get drunk. Basically, this is a sensationalized (while still based in historical fact) account of the life of a selfish, often hedonistic king. When it comes to whether it's appropriate for kids, I watched it around 14 or 15. It certainly depends on the prospective teen's maturity, but I can definitely say it shouldn't be shown to someone who is not yet in high school--which is why I gave it a rating of 15+.
Teen, 16 years old Written bydark rose April 9, 2008

Excellent

very good, but the historical inaccuracy and the F words bug me.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykate91 April 9, 2008

love it

im a newbie to wacthin that show. om became hooked great story lines and etc.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySmartGirl April 9, 2008

Yes, with a Parent

This Tv show does have strong sexual scenes, sounds sights, but not all out nudity and full sex scenes. Mild swearing, nothing someone my age would'nt hear at school. Violence, nothing you would'nt see in a PG-13 movie, even a little milder than that I think. I have to say that this show does does contain historical merit in all the fluff. It is an interesting way to be interested in history for older teens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRelaya Neah August 4, 2012

the tudors

i loved it
Teen, 17 years old Written byDelena Queen January 22, 2016

Heavy sexual content

'The Tudors' is a pretty good show despite it's historical inaccuracy. However, there's a lot of sexual content, and some of it is quite graphic, and it's pretty much all unnecessary. It certainly made me uncomfortable the first time I watched it, especially when Henry......erm, pleasures himself........in the season one finale. I'd also like to point out that it you are a big fan of Tudor and/or Elizabethan history, this show is very inaccurate. Please do not trust a large number of facts, costumes, appearances, or even names.
Kid, 12 years old September 9, 2014

Realistic and Fun!

There is a lot of sex in it, but all that the movie shows is what would have happened 500 years ago. It is fun as well as realistic, there are always plots!
Teen, 16 years old Written byOnlyForForever November 6, 2012

Quite a bit of Nudity

I'm rating this "Not For Kids" because it follows like the other ShowTime shows ( over sexualizing everything and using every chance to show breasts). However, it's a really well done show if you can past that. For the most part the history of the Tudors is followed (minus some age changes, Henry is shown to be younger and around the same age as Anne Boleyn. Henry's first son dies as a child rather than teenager.ect) but keep in mind it is a drama show changed to be interesting for viewers. The costumes are also beautiful. I'm only 3 episodes in but I actually love the show, it's very well acted and normally i can just skip over the scenes that make me uncomfortable and still not miss anything important.
Teen, 16 years old Written bytupac March 27, 2012

not bad

its a good history show
Teen, 14 years old Written byshe-who-knows-all December 22, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byChloe98 August 15, 2011

Very good show!

I am personally 13, and the sex and violence is pretty graphic however I guess if you're mature and such it doesn't matter. I love the show because of the history, characters and interesting story line. Besides, the language and such just adds depth to what is happening.
Teen, 16 years old Written byveils July 10, 2011

Two Doors

I was once very into historical fiction and so I really wanted to watch this show but I was about 13 at the time and found out that the Tudors was rated TV-MA, nevertheless I watched it and yeah it has a lot of sex but if you know what it is and if you're mature enough then go ahead because the story line is good and it has a lot of politics.
Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010
some violent images.graphic sexual content and brief graphic nudity.strong language.not for kids
Teen, 16 years old Written byHeiress November 3, 2009

Fine for teens

It's a good drama and accurate enough historically. Should be watched with a parent for there are strong sexual content in some scenes/