All parent member reviews for The Weekenders

Adult Written bynduns October 18, 2011

Wow, to say you guys are ignoring messages would be an understatement

Okay, where do I begin, CS? First off, the characters putting each other down is usually meant to be in good fun. Like it or not, there are a lot of people in REAL LIFE who talk to each other like that. They don't usually get offended by it either. As for their desire to be cool, there's only one character who fits that description, and that's Carver. Everyone else is fully confident being him/herself. I'm getting the impression you watched that episode where Carver becomes accepted by the cool kids and based the ENTIRE series off of that. Furthermore, wow, how did you guys miss the messages in this show? Not only does every episode contain a life lesson, but to make sure kids know what to pick up on, they end every episode with a character summarizing the lesson. (Most of the time, it's Tino) I mean, wow, it couldn't be more clear. Also, when is the word "crap" ever used? I've watched every episode and they NEVER say that! I love how you guys sometimes make things up just to complain. As for the show itself, it's hilarious, watch it. I'm done.
Parent of an infant, 3, 9, 10, and 17 year old Written byMyNameIsBeaver April 18, 2013

Shallow? No way, it's anything except any synonym for bad

Shallow? Shallow? I say a show is shallow if it has only lasted for a year or less! This lasted 4 years, and it had no bad words, drinking, or sex innuendo. It has good life lessons you can learn and there is possible flirting or hitting, but it's light and there is no blood at the end. The jokes are really different then the ones today, they seem like they are funnier, but I still don't laugh. I absolutely love the imagination in changing the themes of the pizza place and showing the days of the week with the kids introducing it and giving you background knowledge, I don't really find the kids "having no homework" an issue, Common Sense Media, you should stop looking at little details. It's wholesome clean fun, the only bad thing I have to say is that this should have kept going, It motivated kids to go outside and play with their friends.
Adult Written bySurfer_Clock April 9, 2008

Not tasteless...rather, a classic.

I grew up with this show during its brief run. You can't dismiss this as tasteless, and it's really too bad that you can no logner find this program.