Kid reviews for The Wheel of Time

The Wheel of Time Poster Image

Read the books, save yourself the trouble

I’m the kind of person who hyperfocuses on what a series/movie got wrong from the books, I won’t deny it. No adaptation is perfect, and a lot of minor details have to be cut. But even taking that into consideration, and how much source material there is… holy crap. They’re practically juggling the timelines of the first few books. They’re changing an integral aspect of the series, the One Power and the nuances of its channeling, in the name of inclusivity (as if the whole saidar/saidin thing was sexist to begin with). They cut a lot of scenes with serious plot relevance, and add in things from later in the series, or just create new things altogether. The relationships were rather rushed, and if they continue with the Rand/Egwene thing, they’re going to derail it altogether. (There’s no way they’re going to stick with Rand’s three lady loves, but Egwene has her own path to tread, and it ain’t as his lover.) Oh, right, the actual content warnings… eh, some boobs once or twice. The Trollocs will give toddlers nightmares. Moraine and Siuan Sanche (the Amyrlin) kiss and clearly do more off-camera. But it’s nothing that a teen can’t handle, and I doubt any younger kids would be interested in this train wreck. All I can say in its favor is that it is visually stunning. Save yourself a lot of annoyance and read the books.
1 person found this helpful.

Despite the bad reviews, I like this a lot.

It has a good storyline and characters. I haven't read the books so I can't judge how they adapted it, but I really enjoyed this. It is, however, extremely violent. There were some parts that were so violent, I had to cover my eyes for minutes at a time. There is a lot of blood and close-ups of wounds. I recommend this if you can handle that.

1 person found this helpful.

Not as good as the book but it was still good

Only the first season is out and it was kind of different from the book. I won't spoil anything if you haven't read it. Honestly the Aes Sedai were badass and Moraine is too. Lots of LGBTQ+ and women representation and that was amazing. The show has some gore but I think an 11 year old could handle it. Characters are shown naked but are completley covered. I think the gore is the worst but if your kid is mature than it's completley fine.

1 person found this helpful.

Should be rated TV-MA, don't waste your time

After reading the book, I was excited to watch this, but it proved extremely disappointing. You might enjoy the story if you haven't read the book, but I didn't, it was just too different. Okay, on to the age rating. I don't know how this wasn't rated TV-MA. There's so much unnecessary blood and graphic violence, and some scenes are really intense and scary for kids. There are also a lot of sex scenes, many of which take friendships from the book and turn them into sexual relationships(why?). Women wearing no tops(not even undergarments) are seen from the front. Needless to say, my dad was in trouble with my mom after he let me and my younger siblings watch this without previewing it. I definitely won't be watching any future episodes of this show.

Disappointing :(

My family love the books so we watched the series. At first we all liked it. Then, the gore came and for almost 15 minutes I covered my eyes. My family still finished the season but it was very gory. And some sexual there was no need for some stuff that moraine and the amailan seat did. And the show is NOT TV-14. At first when my family started the show it said that it was TV-MA so that makes me think that Amazon changed the rating so that more people would watch it but I do not know that for sure. Overall, the shows story was good enough (even though they cut a whole kingdom that rand was supposed to visit out of the story) and there was way to much gore and weird sexual moments that aren't needed. Thank you and I hope you found this helpful.

Voilence

Mediocre series is definitely not 14+

I don’t have the energy to say anything in detail, but it was boring, weak characters, weak plot, gross. The violence made me feel sick, and that’s coming from a fan of gory horror movies. Nude men and women. Language. Lots of plot holes. Not worth your time.

Its OK

I'm gonna be honest it has intense gore and some nudity. There is LOTS of blood and the dreams are even worse (there's one scene where a wolf is eating the intestines of a woman who is half dead). The language is almost not there, there's some use of bloo**, and the other wheel of time language is in there too (light, blood and ashes), nothing too serious The nudity is restricted, but you can see multiple woman's breasts (they are half hidden), and a man's behind. They have changed a lot of things including the relationships with some characters, but they are sticking to the main plot of the books. I would watch it just to see if you like it but definitely NOT for young kids

Really people?

This is not inappropriate at all. The usual fantasy violence you would expect (like LOTR or Harry Potter), not much swearing (even if there was who cares?), barely any sex or nudity. But an amazing show (I have read Book 1).