All teen and kid member reviews for The Wire

Teen, 14 years old Written byRyan Peter May 26, 2014
I'm pretty sure basically every review I've ever written for CSM was a joke, but I'm angry about this. First off I watched this when I was 12, and it's still my favorite. What do you mean "No positive messages or role models"? Omar may be a robber, but he robs drug dealers and gives to those who need. D'Angel may have started out bad but he came to regret what his life had become, and tried to change. Wallace tried to leave the life he had been brought into, but was overcome by the desire to live a life he believed to be normal. The police are portrayed badly because sometimes they are! They're given too much power and they abuse it by accident. McNulty and that one dude with the hair (I don't learn their names if any of them could die,) both want nothing but justice and have become seemingly terrible people simply because they don't want to become immoral. The list goes on, and if you don't get it, don't watch it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byWalter Kovacs May 4, 2014
Teen, 15 years old Written bymad about film July 29, 2016

outstanding

Honestly I think this is one of the best shows ever made. It has amazing character development and the plot is great. Kids may find this slightly boring as it's quite slow moving and violence is infrequent and quite strong sometimes. Sex is infrequent but quite graphic. The main thing about the show is the language. It's very strong and near constant. I feel it adds to the already brilliant script but that's for you to decide. One taboo would be that in season four more than any other language is used by kids a lot.