Parent reviews for Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go!

Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go! Poster Image

Disgrace To The Legacy Of Reverend Awdry and Thomas The Tank Engine

I personally very strongly feel that Mattel absolutely does not understand the great appeal of Thomas and Friends at all!!!! What makes Thomas and Friends so unique is that the way show is done. Thomas and Friends is an extension of The Railway series of books which has magnificently beautiful illustrations. These illustrations are the way the Reverend W Awdry saw his creation as real trains that are alive. He was very atamit that Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends TV show retain the quality look of the books in the Railway series of books. Staying true to their British heritage!!!! Trains in real life have a drive, a fireman and a crew that takes care of their maintenance and up keep to keep the engines in safe good work order. Thomas and his Friends has been around for 75 years. You just can’t take something so iconic as Thomas the Tank Engine and change it so drastically!!!! It is like taking the characters from Sesame Street and Star Wars, making them silly, jumping around doing back flips and all kinds of things they NEVER did in their original incarnation. Thomas The Tank Engine and his Friends are so beloved by people in the Autism community, that Thomas has become a mascot for Autism. The way Thomas and Friends is done, where there is NO jumping around, no doing back flips, no quick movements Ect which cause anxiety in people with Autism. The #1 reason Thomas and Friends is so beloved by the Autism community is the slower, easy going, easy to understand, predictability of the show. Thomas is extremely comforting to people with Autism. I have read that when autistic kids see the 2D Thomas they ask where is Thomas? The 2D Thomas is not the Thomas they all know and dearly love!!!! Other reasons Mattel fails to understand, is that Thomas is a child’s first interdiction into the world of model trains and railfaning which can last a life time and lead to careers in the railroad industry. Mattel fails to understand that the older Thomas fans that grew up watching Thomas now have kids of their own and want to share their love of Thomas with them. Also what Mattel has failed understand is these same people still love Thomas as much as they did when they where kids. Mattel must do what Disney has done with is characters, make products and clothing for the whole family, not just the kids. Mattel is going to realize with the release of the documentary film An Unlikely Fandom about all of the adult fans of Thomas and Friends. This is a market that Mattel has completely missed!!!! This is why I very strongly feel that Mattel is going to lose Billions and Billions of dollars on their 2D Thomas and Friends. Then Mattel is going to absolutely regret their decision to change Thomas and Friends in the first place and Mattel only has themselves to blame.
4 people found this helpful.
This is very bad

What I think.

IT'S HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! A disgrace to the Rev. W Awdry.
2 people found this helpful.

All Engines Go destroyed the legacy of Thomas & Friends and Wilbert Awdry's creation!

It's a big derailment. Just so sad, so disappointing, so horrible, so very heartbreaking. The most greatest beloved nostalgic show that we've all enjoyed and grew up with that shows Best visuals, Great Engine Characters with great personalities who are all based on Real Life Engine Class Types, and taught us everything how it works on Railways and accidents that are based on real events that was the inspiration for the creator Rev. W. Awdry to make it into a story out of it and all the Lores of The Railway Series/Thomas & Friends that few may not know about has officially became a ginormous Train Wreck.

Why mattel.

Why... just why. Absolutely disgraceful, disgusting and despicable. Seven years ago we had SLOTLT with beautiful visuals, a daring or at times Downright Scary villan, and the main character falling so low, but then so high, in under 2 hours. Now, this is what we get. Random girl characters, unrealistic physics and rubbish voicing. Thomas Is 76 Years Old! 76!!! And they chose a five year old to voice him. I think that is enough. I could go on for hours about how bad this is. So I'll stop.

MATTEL, HOW DARE YOU RUIN THOMAS & FRIENDS WITH THIS CRAPPY 2D REBOOT

I did my new review in this reboot on my YouTube channel, But this reboot is a massive insult to the Thomas Seasons 1-7 and 17-21 and Rev W. Awdry's creations, It's so bad that even parents, fans, and kids universally hated it, and my 4 year old hated it, but Mattel responded to them with the "It's made for kids" excuse instead of just apologizing to them. The characters have gotten butchered beyond recognition and are now ruined. Thomas is now a complete child and a huge baby who always misbehaves and acts like a huge moron like Caillou. Percy is a huge coward that goes along with whatever dumb s**t Thomas does. The Troublesome Trucks have no real personality 4. Diesel is literally Thomas' friends, with somewhat of a mischievous side though. James is now a minor character who doesn't speak that much, His dialogue's mostly little more than just saying hello to Thomas and Percy or whomever he passes. Nia's still a poorly written character with wasted potential and a very bland personality, but this reboot makes her very stupid unlike the original series, and also they didn't bother putting in Rebecca in the reboot for some unknown reasons, which she doesn't deserve too cause she was very bland and also a pointless filler character. And she was ever in the reboot, she could've been a better character. Annie and Clarabel are now changed to elderly coaches who always complain, they were not like that in the original series. Sir Topham Hatt is a pointless comic-relief who screws up, what worse he doesn't appear regularly as a railway controller to give the engines their tasks, and also not parental either, he gave the engines stuff to do, but here, he just seems to be around just to be a comically paranoid wimp who overreacts to the engines causing confusion and delay for no reason. Just like BWBA, Edward and Henry were ignored in placement for Nia and Rebecca, but here it's now cranked up to 20, as they're now background characters that no longer speak. Does Emily even speak in the reboot I don't know cause I completely gave up half way thru the first season Toby doesn't appear in the reboot, which is sad. The 2D animation is mediocre, cheap, and ugly, best part about it is it's made by Nelvana, a company who made good content and animation, but why does this animation look so bad, and why does it look more like it came from a mid-late 2000s flash cartoon, and why are there a lot of animation errors (like the engines clipping through each other, engine pieces missing, engines swapping voices in some episodes) Nelvana does an amazing job with their animation and shows, but here they were just lazy. The (mostly child) voice acting on the US and UK sound bad and annoying, Meesha Contreras' Thomas voice is so annoying and high-pitched, and Aaron Barashi's UK Thomas voice sounds very dull, boring, lifeless, and plain bad, and Nia in the US and UK doesn't have a Kenyan accent like she had in the original series, and other child actors sound annoying and bad The crashes are not fun or suspenseful to watch, as the engines jump back on the rails, it has tons of bad episodes that you should NOT watch AT ALL!!!!!!, Unlike Sharon Miller and BWBA eras, they had mostly bad episodes with some decent episodes. ALL OF THE EPISODES OF ALL ENGINES GO ARE TERRIBLE! THE EPISODES PROVE THAT IT'S ONE OF THE REBOOTS THAT ISN'T WORTH WATCHING, AND IS EASY TO FORGET THE IT EXISTS ALL TOGETHER, DEFENDING/GIVING IT MOST ATTENTION IS A TERRIBLE IDEA, The new characters like Kana and Sandy appear out of nowhere with no introductory episode Kana for some reason is put into the steam team (replacing Rebecca) she is also very bland and also poorly written, and was super unlikeable in Race for the Sodor Cup, Sandy is also very bland and poorly written and also pointless, as she half of the time does nothing and is more like a filler character, whenever she does something she's used as a plot device to get the plot to move Final Verdict: All Engines Go Sucks SUPER ULTRA MEGA HUGE TIME, It's absolutely not worth watching at all Gave it a 0/10 originally, But I now give it an even worse rating of a -3/10 (if that's lower than 0/10) even though the Common Sense Media wants me to give this a 1/5 and the IMDb wants me to give it a 1/10
1 person found this helpful.

Misses all the British charm of those that came before

It has the feeling and voice over talent of every other show targeted to this demographic. We used to watch original old-school Thomas, and even the newer animated ones, because they were different and a little less "sensory overload" than all the new stuff being put out. The reboot just makes this like every other kids show - I'm talking about you, Paw Patrol, Blaze and the Monster Machines, My Little Pony, and even you new Clifford the Big Red Dog reboot! I have a hunch this is less about producing a good show and more about raising a new generation of Thomas toy consumers.

Playful Thomas

Thomas is more playful and comedic than ever before, his competitive spirit is just as apparent as he strives to be the Number One Tank Engine through play, trial and error and just enjoying being a kid. My 2.5 year old calls the show, “Baby Thomas” as he already knows Thomas from previous versions, and he definitely likes this one best. Meaningful life lessons are still at the core. Very vibrant and expressive animation of the tanks. 5 Stars for a youthful reimagined classic.

Ripoff of Teen Titans Go