All teen and kid member reviews for ThunderCats

Kid, 9 years old July 31, 2011

GREAT

it is awesome
Teen, 15 years old Written bynarrat0r July 30, 2011

Just be sure - it's not a younger kids show anymore.

This version of Thundercats is, to say it right off the bat, fantastic. I never thought I'd see animation this detailed, fast and realistic on Cartoon Network, let alone this amount of maturity and violence that gives this show a definitive "Teens and up" age grade. Not that it's very violent for younger kids, because it isn't all that much, but id does have some on-screen deaths and the story is pretty deep for them to understand. Also, as some reviewers before me stated, the character Cheetara is clearly made to look sexy and is in a pretty revealing outfit. Of course, pretty much all anime-watching teens love a little bit of fanservice, so there's nothing really wrong with that. Believe me - you won't be disappointed with this show. It's right up there with Avater -The Last Airbender in terms of quality, animation and action. Go watch it! (although there are only 2 episodes out for now...)
Kid, 8 years old February 2, 2015

Ughhh, Why did you cancel this show in 1989?

Adult Swim, How dare you cancel this show only in 1989? I was born in 2006! Please put this show back on, I like it!
Kid, 9 years old September 10, 2012

Not for young kids... but 9 and up is good!

Kid, 11 years old September 23, 2011

I LOVE this show!!!

Tweens and younger teens will probable enjoy this the most. It is pretty violent, but there is no blood. Also, Cheetara's outfit exposes her midriff and cleavage. The story is pretty deep for younger kids to understand. This show is filled with action, and I really liked it.
Kid, 9 years old August 20, 2011

Cool (but violent) remake, a OK show,

Great show, but quite a bit of intense fantasy violence, id say Iffy for ages 10-12, but not exactly a "kid's" show anymore, some educational and positive role models, the only kid under 9 or 10 that watches is my 6 year old bro, lots of intense violence but obviously no blood so it i still TV-Y7-FV worthy (Although some air w/ a TV-PG/TV-PG-V rating) one girl wears a skimpy outfit, words like "stupid" are used but those are not bad at all but a violent show, good for older tweens
Teen, 16 years old Written byiamtheKING July 30, 2011

got to love the classics

i seen the premiere and it was very good moderate violence if any young child wants to see it probably an older sibling can watch to.
Kid, 7 years old July 30, 2011

Very great!

I just watched the premiere and it was a very, very, very good show.
Kid, 10 years old July 29, 2011

One word- AMAZING

Content: The only concern any parent could have is the violence. Staffs, swords, bows, guns, etc. are used however MOST casualties are off-screen and/or just plain presumed. However some deaths are on-screen such as two of some beloved characters (I won't spoil it), but they were both handled well. Is it even worth watching: The show is amazing. The only reason anybody should not watch it is the fact that it doesn't go by the storyline of the original 80s cartoon. for example Tygra is Lion-O's older brother (ooooooooookay...), but some of the changes kind of make the show better. Wilykit and -kat are pick-pockets on the street and they are approx. 9 or 10 years. They also offer a comic relief from the shows darker storyline, so they are needed characters. With beautiful animation, a SLIGHTLY dark storyline, and engaging characters only a handful of people... if that much, could not like this new adaption. 4.8/5 or 9.6/10