All parent member reviews for Tom and Jerry

Adult Written byrl_ovalle May 30, 2011

Not as bad as people make it out to be

Yes, Tom and Jerry has quite a bit of animated violence. I'm 26 and I grew up on shows like Tom and Jerry and Looney Tunes. Now, I never felt the compulsion to hit my younger brother in the head with a frying pan...mainly because I knew it was wrong and also because I knew I would get in a world of trouble for it. T&J is all animated so the violence isn't "real." Yes, kids are imitators, but as long as parents aren't using the TV to babysit their kids and parents actually discipline kids, then the animated violence shouldn't be a problem. Long story short, teach the kids the difference between real and make believe and everything will be ok.
Parent of a 3, 5, 8, 10, and 11 year old Written bysamhighley June 11, 2010
good with a 60's twist...
Parent of a 13 year old Written byvart96 February 15, 2010

Victor's Reviwe

I think it can be fun but the're are some things parents should be caution I rate this: PG for mild cartoon violence and mild drug reference.
Adult Written byJessicaS 10 March 15, 2016

Definitely the best

Definitely the best show hands down. At some point I was worried about direction cartoons are heading today, with all the robots and transformers and whatnot. Fortunately I see that boomernag is airing three shows a day with tom and jerry, which is great. They may be judged for violence, accused for racism, but tom and jerry are the best we had and we have from the cartoon world. period. Btw, for 5 years now I am collecting indie games about tom and jerry, and they are all free, so feel free to take a look if you like. http://www.tom-and-jerry-games.com/ If I had kids, they would watch only this.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byHabpubayh February 27, 2016
Adult Written byLowe's man February 21, 2015

a classic

The constant violence and the repetitiveness of the plot may make this confusing and questionable for preschoolers, but it'll do a number of good things for school-age children. First, it'll introduce them to classical music (beautiful and timely executed, might I add). Second, it'll give them an appreciation for cartoons made at an earlier time. Third, since Tom always provokes the fights, and yet since Jerry usually outsmarts Tom, kids are taught that the one who provokes fights will usually lose. Last, but certainly not least, it's entertaining. School-age children will enjoy this. As for the smoking, parents will want to tell their children that the dangers of smoking weren't known at the time and that smoking was seen by many back then as social.
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written byfrank never gives up August 30, 2014

3 and up is fine

I think some parents worry a bit too much...don't forget that it's up to us to explain to them that it's just cartoons not reality. .In one ep. U see the cat smoking too much but then he gets sick...that's a clue for u to intervene and x plain the situations. ..even at 3 years old kids r smart enough to know more than we think...my 3 year old loves it and knows not to copy the fighting that it's all just fun and make believe
Parent of a 2 and 7 year old Written byYvonne M December 13, 2013

Tom & Jerry: an enduring classic that still entertains 70 years later

I watched T&J as a child, and just recently introduced it to my seven-year-old. I have never seen him laugh so hard at anything , ever before! Sure, it has no educational value whatsoever, but for pure, silly entertainment, it's wonderful. The original toons from the 1940s and 50s have gorgeous animation, and the orchestration that accompanies the pieces is amazing. The violence inherent to Tom and Jerry may deter some, but I think it's much easier to separate from real-life when it's a cat and mouse, rather than the creatures or robots you find fighting in today's animated series.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy November 23, 2012

Classic!

Now,before I review this classic cartoon,i'd like to warn parents about the violence in the show.But since this is an awesome show,i'm not gonna take away stars.Man,this show cracks me up.Plus,the animation is solid.BTW,JEDI micah,it's cool.My parents do love me,and i'm atcually glad they do.I'm glad your parents love you too.Since I can't give you my adress,we can just chat here on CSM.
Adult Written byJEDI micah November 22, 2012

Ah, sweet laughter!

I know that it's considered a violent cartoon and that Tom and Jerry aren't good role models for kids, but come on! It is so funny! When my dad and I watch this together, I hear him laughing all the time! It's fun to watch, as long as you don't copy what they do, of course! BTW, sorry TIM THE TV GUY that I can't get your e-mail. But don't feel like that your parents are not fun or anything like that. They probably tell you not to give anyone your e-mail address because they love you, and they want you to be protected. I totally understand. I have parents who love me as well! But would your parents give me your regular address, so that I can write letters to you? If not, we can still chat with each other right here!
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

It's got violence and smoking.But it dos NOT blow!

This show is violent and has smoking but that does not mean its terrible.This show is REALLY funny!
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 29, 2012

Wonderful cartoon!

This is a classic! It is really funny and has great animation.I only hated that Jerry always wins.Other than that the show is pure gold.
Adult Written by413804 February 4, 2012

Greatest show ever!

Maybe one of the most hilarious shows i have ever seen
Parent of a 5, 6, 7, 10, 10, and 17 year old Written byCharlie The Cat December 17, 2011

Spike It

Funny!!!!!! It Is Really Good Perfect for 5+
Parent of a 10 and 17 year old Written byLola Bridge November 25, 2011

spike the dog

tom and jerry is great cartoon fun. the old ones are set to real good orchestra music and good art work
Adult Written byDUDES!!! October 2, 2011

Good, But DEFINETLY more violent than courage the cowardly dog,

little eyes, be careful... this is extremely chock full of cartoon violence
Parent of a 6 year old Written bytmj2037c January 1, 2010

my childs #1 favorite

cartoon violence, nothing major
Parent of an infant, 3, and 5 year old Written bycatcheeto April 9, 2008

Old classic for older kids and adults

I grew up with Tom and Jerry and never thought anything about the violence, but that was back when shooting someone was not also on the news all the time as well. Now a days, the kids need to be reminded it is a cartoon not to do what they see on TV.