Kid reviews for Twin Peaks

Surreal cult hit might be too disturbing for teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymadye June 28, 2016

One of the Best TV Shows to Exist

The show mostly revolves around the murder of a teenage girl. Drugs are mentioned a lot and there are about two episodes where it shows a girl being forced to take drugs. Rape is mentioned a few times. There is also a brothel in the show, but no sex is shown. There is no nudity on the show. The show is quite eerie, and plays around with some disturbing content, such as a demonic entity. ****Spoiler**** It is revealed that a teenage girl was abused, physically and sexually, by her father later

Teen, 15 years old Written byBrynyanijam August 25, 2014

Quirky and brilliant

Twin Peaks is one of those shows that has you guessing at every step of the way. And not just because of the murder mystery. No, instead Twin Peaks has you guessing about every plot detail, what the well-written and off-beat characters are going to do next, and whether the scene is going to be terrifying as hell or not. It has an atmosphere like no other TV show ever made, and the direction is gorgeous, with the Angelo Badalamenti soundtrack creating an air of sophistication and terror. Simply put, there's nothing else like it on television, and I don't think their ever will be. The show never really has many problematic moments involving sex and alcohol, but there are the seedier parts of Twin Peak's underbelly, such as the prostitution, drug use and domestic violence, especially with characters such as Benjamin Horne and Leo Johnson. However, what stands out much more is the utterly terrifying sequences involving the demonic entity, Killer BOB. Teens should be able to handle it, but fear may get the better of them.
Teen, 17 years old Written byEduardo Peixoto November 20, 2011

Happy to own the DVD

One of the best TV shows ever, pure quality and a good indicator if someone has good taste. Twin Peaks is as good as suspense media can get and this settled in a very charming location. Great sociological exploring of themes which are definitely positive for the average teenager

Teen, 15 years old Written byslasher23 November 10, 2010
disturb

Teen, 17 years old Written byzishak October 27, 2019

Excellent show, but not for everyone.

Twin Peaks is an amazing exploration of humanity and science fiction. There are certain episodes that I wouldn't hesitate to call revolutionary or genius. I think it is most certainly a show that everyone should watch at some point in their life - but children and younger teens should wait a little before it. While there is definitely not a constant stream of mature content, it is frequently uncomfortable. Frequent sex talk, a running topic of prostitution, and a general air of sexual theme all run through the show. The violence and scariness aspects aren't as bad; I would definitely rate them at a 12+ or 13+ rating. It's really the sex and prostitution that would make this a little uncomfortable for kids and younger teens, especially when watching with family. Overall: An absolutely incredible show that everyone should watch - but not for viewers younger than 14.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysafa321 June 28, 2019
This is a really great serie mixed with true crime, mystery, romance and some comedy also. The series has some deeper meanings and some things can be hard to fully understand especially at a younger age. That's why I think 14 or older is a good age. Also the series follows the murder of a teenager with what some may think a little disturbing life including consumption of drugs and alcohol and also prostitution. However that I would think is mostly seen in the movie (fire walk with me.) The series is also about the evil spirit Bob, he is pretty scary and for younger people that may not really understand what "spirits" are this can be a little disturbing. Although the series are great and my absolute favorite! It's hard not to fall in love with the characters.
Season three I have not watched yet.
Also, the serie is really surreal and include a lot of weird dreams, unrealistic characters and also some spirituality and cult things. Which does not have to be negative:)

Written byAnonymous October 7, 2018

A Perfect Series, Often Creepy

The show focuses on the mystery murder of a teenage girl and has a very creepy atmosphere. It has some violence and some sexual storylines, but nothing explicit so it should be fine for younger tweens. However, if you have access to the film tie-in, Fire Walk With Me, it is VERY mature and i would advise waiting until, say, 14 years old to watch it. (Don't get me wrong, it's incredible, but not for kids.) With all of that in mind, Twin Peaks is brilliant and I recommend it for anyone who can handle some mild content and some scares.

Teen, 16 years old Written bysamantha19 June 15, 2018

Teen, 13 years old Written byAidan Kost July 9, 2017

The greatest television series ever made (this includes the 2017 continuation).

Oh my word, the acting, directing, score... Everything collectively makes this classic series absolute perfection. Nowhere else can you get literally everything in a television show- outstanding comedy, compelling drama, intriguing mystery, and horrific... horror. This is a superb, thought provoking televison masterclass piece of art that should be viewed- nay- experienced by everyone. Bravo David Lynch and Mark Frost!

Teen, 15 years old Written byrafi1125 February 21, 2017

David Lynch's soapy surrealist supernatural crime drama is one of the greatest things to ever grace screens.

This series is amazing. It's story, acting, cinematography, and dialogue have inspired many things that came after. That being said, it is dark. The series revolves around the aftermath of the murder of Laura Palmer, who was a senior in high school. The content on the series actually isn't graphic on the show itself (although that is a different story for its subpar prequel movie); part of the show's charm is the dark concepts mixed with humor & bright imagery. If you are okay with dark surrealism, you'll love this. Parents, if you're unsure of whether or not the darkness of "Twin Peaks" will be okay for your kids, I reccomend showing them David Lynch's film, "Blue Velvet". Unlike "Twin Peaks", it's very visually explicit, but it has a similar way of mixing dark concepts with mild humor, although its humor is much more tepid than that of "Twin Peaks". But, anyone who enjoys "Blue Velvet" will adore "Twin Peaks".

Teen, 13 years old Written byMax.Morfoot October 3, 2016

Twin Peaks Review

Absolutely great. Watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBadWolf1 October 21, 2012

So Brilliantly Odd

I started watching this when I was twelve and love it! The characters are so well written and it always seems to surprise me. Even though it is more of a serious show it has a lot of David Lynchian humor and oddness. It isn't that scary though BOB has freaked me out quite a few times.