All teen and kid member reviews for Ugly Betty

Teen, 15 years old Written bymirar1 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byAwalkeratCSM March 30, 2011

Parents of teens, be on your guard!

Seven episodes in, I'm starting to get disgusted. It seems like in every movie, and TV show there has to be sex, sex, sex! Why?! Even sweet Betty can't make up for the twisted sheets or the office humor make up for the occasional language and drinking. I wish this show could have come up with a few more characters who don't drink, swear, sleep around, and can be good role models for the teenagers who watch this show. Betty is sweet, hard working, and empathetic, but she needs to dump her boyfriend. Her father and nephew are okay, but the rest of the characters have certain aspects that disgust me. It is mostly because of the sex, drinking, language, and bad role models that I make this show an iffy +14; otherwise, it is a mildly good office drama that makes a lot of fun of the fashion world.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshopping is hiking March 5, 2010

A PG-13 kinda TV show, but if you're a mature 12-year old, it works

Ugly Betty is an absolute favorite show of mine! Again, there isn't too too much "office humor" and the relationships between Betty and all the other characters can be hysterical. Like what some people have said, it's kinda true that every episode is different, but does stay on track with what was happening in the previous episodes. Betty is a really strong young woman and has a great, positive attitude most of the times. She always seems to be putting herself into the most impossible situations, makes you just wonder . . . when does she just stop! There is some slight language in Ugly Betty and also parts were it mentions sexual behavior and sometimes shows it.
Kid, 12 years old March 28, 2016

Loved it!

I watched it on Netflix before they took it off! It was very good! Recomend 12 yrs and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDbst44 April 17, 2013

Ugly Betty. Give the show a chance don't pass up because you won't be wrong

Ugly Betty is a tv show that can really help a child develop. Not only has the show thought me as a young girl to understand what values can help us in everyday life but what the message can be for younger children I started watching the show when it first came out in 2005, I was only 7 years old the show made me understand that life isnt as easy as you think it is, people will be rude and obnoxious but you can always turn it around. The show thought younger viewers that it doesnt matter if your gay or lesbian or even Bi sexual we need to accept people for who they are. One episode in Season 1 was about touched up photos and we all know that every source of media out there today touches up photos of celebrites and models but really shouldnt that be what parents are worried about not a show that showed PG rated sexual content i mean yes the show had episodes with swearing but come on if a parent step foot in a primary or high school they would hear much much worse. For Drugs and Drinking part of the show, they do not highlight the drinking or drugs in a way that a child would consider doing it. For drugs and drinking on the show "Daniel Meade" one of the main characters spins out of control in the first season showcasing the negative effects of binge drinking, drugs and how people can easly get addicted. the show sent a positive message to any aged viewers even younger than i have selected each viewer who watched a episode learnt several positve life changing messages that will impact their life and probably support them during the cruel years of high school and what can become of being different. When they cancelled the show in 2010 i was devastated it truly was my favourite show but the show took the course it needed it taught us all to think hard before you decide, nothing is easy and it is hard to be accepted in a community if your not a size 0 but never stop trying. I am truly happy that Silvio Horta took the show of Yo soy betty la fea and made into something not only the latin communtiy could enjoy but a show that has substance world wide. I recommend any child or even adults to sit down and watch a couple episodes because the show really can put an impact on yours or someone elses life. Give the show a chance parents before passing it up because you won't go wrong.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhugopaws January 2, 2013

A Fantastic Show!

Ugly Betty is a FANTASTIC show. I've watched it on Netflix 3 times and all the jokes still crack me up. The writing is top-notch and the timing of the jokes are impeccable. There are only a couple of things parents should know about before letting their kids watch this show. For One, Daniel (Betty's Boss) is a womanizer. There is only inclined sex, but since the show takes place at a fashion magazine, there is a lot of mini dresses and revealing skirts. That leads me on to the second, which is that there is a lot of neediness for expensive clothes. Although the designers that have story lines are made up, there is a lot of discussion about Prada and Armani etc. But put that aside, Ugly Betty is a great show, and it's funny for the whole family. Betty is inspiring, especially at the end of the show, when what she worked for came true. So as a whole, Ugly Betty is an amazing show, totally worth checking out!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTayeule39 December 29, 2012

Awesome!

This show's great, very open-minded! Great message: be yourself!
Teen, 14 years old Written byearthgurl January 20, 2011
I loved this show! I was soo sad when ABC ended it! You know that it's fashion, so a lot of phrases including "b****" and of course some sexy fashions.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDio123789 March 13, 2010

I love it

I love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byjennyhumphery November 9, 2009

Good show

Some things in the show aren't that good for kids under the age of 11 cuz in an episode Wilimina steals sperm and it also talks about who slept with who .So I wouldn't suggest letting younger kids watch this show.Betty is a great role model for kids though . Even though others are mean to her she still helps her enimies out if they are in trouble cuz her heart is so big.
Kid, 12 years old October 22, 2009
Too much office humor!
Teen, 13 years old Written by8Dcoolbeans8D October 18, 2009

teens, tweens, and young adults

I absolutely love this show!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjustLoviNickJonas October 18, 2009

A great tv show!

I love Ugly Betty! Every episode is different, Betty is a strong woman with a positive attitude. There isn't that much bad language, b----,a--,crap, and many other mild swears. Some characters have questionable motives, and will do anything to get what they want. I recommend it for mature teens 12 and older, because of some language or some episode plots. But other than that, Ugly Betty is a fun tv show about a New York Fashion magazine.
Teen, 13 years old Written bychocolatebear October 17, 2009
this show ugly betty is alright if your into in office humor. more like a little drama, but i reccommend, Drop Dead Diva! classic humor, and great, just great actors for a tv show
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnimalGirl June 30, 2009

Great for Middle Schoolers and Older

Ugly Betty has a great message, with the main character being successful with her brains and personality, not her looks, even though she works at a fashion magazine. I know this show has some iffy material concerning sex, and the way Betty's coworkers treat her. I think we should be able to look past this though, since Betty handles criticism well, and none of the sex is graphic, and a lot of the jokes and sexual material I don't understand as a 14 year old, even though I know that it's there.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykrazypanda411 April 17, 2009

Okay

I watch this show but it is only ok.
Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2009

great show

this is a fantastic show with great plots and a great message!
Kid, 10 years old February 28, 2009

EWWWWW

i hate this show.NOBODY should be alowwed to watch this it thatbad of a show
Kid, 11 years old December 14, 2008

A good show for 11 year olds and older

My Mom & i watch this every thursday it is very funny But younger kids i think should not watch it .
Teen, 13 years old Written bypeapod1 April 9, 2008

I love it.

A great show about how beauty is really from the inside. Can not laugh during it.