Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 10 kid reviews

Sort by:

Incredible

As a 14 year old girl, it was amazing to see to female detectives solve the case, mainly because the show is based on true events. Unbelievable shows what it is like in the eyes of a victim. There is never graphic sex, but details are used including ties and handcuff which make the scenes extremely disturbing. When the rapist is found, it is shown that he took pictures of his victims, legs, hands, waist, also making it graphic without being graphic. Although there are many disturbing parts of this show, there are amazing messages and role models that I will remember. I believe a teenager can watch it, but only if they watch it with an adult and discuss rape and sexual assault. I hope you enjoy this show as much as I did!

1 person found this helpful.

A harrowing look at the cost of not believing victims

It's rare that I truly "binge-watch" a show, but Unbelievable was not a typical viewing experience for me. I finished the entire show over the course of two days. One of my favorite elements of the show was the dynamnic between tbe two female detectives featured. As a huge Toni Collette fan (particularly after her standout performance in Ari Aster's modern horror classic Hereditary), I was extremely impressed with her brilliant portrayal of the cynical Detective Rasmussen. Unbelievable is wonderfully acted by every single cast member, and the writing perfectly tells the heatwrenching story of Marie Adler. By the end of the series, its moral is abundantly clear: believe victims. I can't wait to see more people appreciate this fantastic show.

1 person found this helpful.

RATED 18+sexual violence,language

A RAPE STORY AND SOME SEXUAL LANGUAGE WITH NUDITY AND KISS IS NOT FOR KIDS!

Intense sexual violence takes place in Netflix series

This Netflix series is very terrifying. Knowing that this tv series is based on true events. And definitely not for kids to watch. It contains sexual violent images. Language. Strong gun violence. And is disturbing to watch. Parents please if u ever watch this series with your teen make sure to give them company. Because it is really uncomfortable to watch this series alone. And it also gives a messages for people to make their decisions wisely. It has outstanding performances and excellent cinematography. Netflix really outdid them selves with this series. This series based on true events is definitely a must watch for people who love a good mystery. And also remember to follow the “viewer discretion is advised” warning at the beginning of each episode because there is a reason why they are showing that warning.

Amazing

I loved this show. The acting is amazing, and the story is super gripping. Parents should know there are mild flashbacks to rapes, but they are not graphic at all. Also many mentions by police officers the details of rapes. Also in one scene near the end you can see a man's genitals when he is strip searched by the police. In one scene a character drinks alcohol, and there is swearing throughout. But it's all easy to look past considering how great the show is. I particularly love the amount of strong female characters of all different types. A must watch for older teens for sure.

must watch for older teens!

this is a short series (only 8 episodes) but was honestly so emotional and captivating. it shows the story from the victim's side and how detectives work together to catch a serial rapist. unbelievable depicts some very real problems in the world and is overall a powerful show, but i don't think younger teens would be able to handle some of the graphic scenes.

good for teens 15 and up

this show is age appropriate for teens 15 and up. unbelievable is a pretty realistic show that i think even most adults can’t handle due to the graphic rape scenes. if you child is sensitive to graphic sexual content, this isn’t for them. i’m actually 14 and i can handle this, but i think most kids my age wont be able too. watch this show with your child, especially if they are sensitive and can’t handle mature topics like suicide, rape and more.

Parents!!

I enjoyed the show and from the beginning I didn’t notice anything too bad. The rape scenes weren’t vivid enough to make out any images. In episode seven it does show extreme nudity from a man but the officer makes him take off all of his clothes for evidence (including his underwear) . I was very shocked and do not suggest letting children under 17 watch this show. I stopped watching after that so I don’t know if anything worse happens