All parent member reviews for Under the Dome

Parent Written byNewYork Pediatrician June 26, 2013

Why you cannot watch television with your kids anymore

any show where they show people naked having sex until orgasm should not be shown to kids. Very upset this is not for television.It is also upsetting that now this is considered "15 year old" kid type show when most kids are not having sex at this age. This is definitely "R" rated material. I would not watch this with my mom.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bynjackson July 1, 2013

sex on television

I was mortified to be watching a 9pm show with my 13 year old and see a major network show showing people having sex! So graphic , grossly inappropriate!
Parent Written byratethis August 30, 2013

I have seen kids watching worse shows

Like the title says i have seen kids watching worse shows than this, yes, it is violent and can be scary at times, and does contain laungage, but it's alot less harsh than i thought it would be! from the advertisements of it, at first i thought it would be bloody and gory and disturbing like a horror movie/serise, but it's not, in the first episode a cow got cut in half by the dome, but that was the worst of it, nothing that gory has happend since, if your kid/teen is sensitive to violence and drama, then don't let him/her watch it, look at cop shows (csi, cold case, ncis,) this is like those, only i'd say a little LESS violent, and a little more drama, my whole family including my 12 year old younger brother watches this show, give it a chance it is really well written, and surprizenly a little less horific as you might origannly think!
Parent Written bycrochetmom July 5, 2013

Cussing, sex & lewdness. Not for kids (or even adults)

I was looking forward to this show, but am no longer watching. Besides the sex scene, the amount of cussing is terrible & the reference to sex is just crude. For me, all that made me too uncomfortable to watch. Definitely not for kids!!! I think the plot could have carried the show without all the extras.