Parent reviews for Utopia

Comic-conspiracy series is befuddling and numbingly violent.

Wondering if Utopia is OK for your kids?

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byModernsara October 1, 2020

Crazy violent, like a Tarantino film

Really surprised that this was marked TV14. The first episode is a blood bath with person after person shot through the head in quick succession. In the second a man has salt poured in his eyes, then bleach, then one gouged out with a spoon. All shown in graphic detail. This is more like a hard R movie than PG-13.

Adult Written bysargeguy November 10, 2020
The show has loads of graphic senseless violence, including killing children. Also the acting and writing are lousy. Think of “Preacher” without the clever plot and interesting characters.

Adult Written byuzh12 November 1, 2020

I've not watched the whole show

I've watched three episodes and a fragment of the fourth. I can recommend this show to people with strong nerves, unfortunately, I don't belong to this category. Utopia has a really interesting idea and intense plot, but it includes very violent scenes. I don't mean a lot of deaths, for example, I like Tarantino's "Kill Bill" with its blood rivers. I’m talking about tortures and some other disgusting scene with the dead body and its hands. These moments aren't smoothed by any black humour, and the atmosphere of the series is rather dark. Or, I guess it'd be good if you watch this show in company, and there would be somebody who could say you "Close your eyes and ears" in time.
I like the concept: the comics like a prophecy or the madman's diary, the difference between the comics girl from the real girl, the group of nice weirdos, the mystery boy and the charismatic evil professor with his creepy assistant.

Adult Written byMyagi October 8, 2020

Surprisingly raunchy scene!!

I was surprised halfway through the show to find a scene that was much more intimate than described under the Sex rating here. There was on screen sex between 2 characters. Do not watch if you're concerned about Sex limits!!

Adult Written bypopularz October 7, 2020

It's a little graphic

I watched the first two episodes of utopia. My parents thought it would be a good show. I'm eleven and I don't get spooked easily. But this show was on the line PS. DON'T WATCH.

Adult Written byP R SAI CHARAN October 4, 2020