All parent member reviews for Veronica Mars

Adult Written bydeschanel April 9, 2008
Educator and Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byRebecca Randall April 9, 2008
Adult Written byTxJosh April 9, 2008
Adult Written byangelfire87 January 10, 2011

Awesome Show, But Only For Older Teens

I've watched the entire series a few times and I loved it. It's definitely a very mature show that I would only recommend to ages 15 and up. It deals with adult topics such as date rape, murder, losing a loved one, sex, drugs, and alcohol abuse. Occasionally, sexual encounters are partially shown (especially in 2nd season.) However, the show also has positive qualities. Veronica is a very strong female lead and has a very close relationship with her father.
Adult Written bywahoosigma April 9, 2008

Smart and Sassy but filled with moral dilemas

This is a well-written smart show. However, it as a teen drama it highlights all the pitfalls of teenhood -- status issues, drugs, sex and gang issues. These are very adult themes. Several of the characters are wealthy emancipated teens who really lack a moral compass. Veronica is a smart, sassy gal but her own ethics are very situational. Not a bad show, but definitely merits parental involvement and post show discussion.
Adult Written byradicalistic April 9, 2008

This show goes both ways.

I personally love this show. It has great actors and has an intiguing storyline every episode. The downside is, is does give teens some bad examples. Neptune, California is a have vs. have-nots environment. The rich (09'ers) are constantly berating those lesser than them. Inapropriate language is sprinkled throughout the show (1-2 every episode). References to drug use or alchol are relatively common. There is a lot of talk about sex and infedelity because of the Mars's family business (private investigation). Although this show has lightened up in the second season, it still is not appropriate for most teens.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byPhil91 April 11, 2014
Just watched this my 10 and 12 year old cousins and they absolutely loved it! There is a bit of violence and a fair amount of kissing / sex scene so not for very sensitive viewers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjess anne September 13, 2015

Great show for teens

I really recommend this show for anyone over the age of 14. It has great mysteries and leaves the watcher guessing what will happen next. There is a lot of violence and sex so it wouldn't be appropriate for younger viewers.
Adult Written bybubblegumblue January 29, 2010

It's the most addictive show I've ever watched. I love it!
Adult Written byPoptartpm April 9, 2008
Adult Written bygerroddances April 9, 2008

Veronica Mars - Good Drama up until this season

THis show must have new writers. this season has made the review go out for an opinion. Up until now this show was right on the money. It had my interest enough to try and remember when it was on. This season the lead, Veronica, stomps her foot, pouts, flounces etc etc that the original character would have verbally clobbered. SO I am sticking with the show until the end of the season and give it a high five until this year