Parent and Kid Reviews on

Watchmen Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 5 kid reviews

Sort by:

The greatest TV series of all time, and one everyone MUST see... when they're old enough

Like with the graphic novel, I could go on a long rant about how perfect and incredible Watchmen is, but I'm just gonna go over how old your kids need to be to watch it. Know this: Watchmen's phenomenal messages about racial injustice, knowing who to trust, the dangers of expressing pain through violence, and more make this an essential show to watch. SHOW THEM AT SOME POINT. It's when that is I want to talk about. Full-frontal nudity and sex are present, but infrequent. The main villains are white supremacists, which is important to its themes, but may make some people (myself included) very uncomfortable. Lots of violence. And no, I don't mean "superheroes running around blowing s**t and buildings up" violence. I mean "cops punching people into bloody pulps and people breaking open skulls with hammers" violence. Not to mention that the show opens by showing the 1921 Tulsa Race Riot, one of the bloodiest events in American history. But like I said, this is a VERY important show that you and your children absolutely need to watch, but show them when they're ready. I was 16 when I saw it, but I think a mature 15-year-old could handle it okay. Pop it in and prepare for a cinematic feast you'll never forget.

1 person found this helpful.

amazing show

good show yeah I like it and I think everyone should watch it over like 14/15 depending on the kid

Great show

Kids have to understand the messages. I was wondering what happened to lube man though... It is mainly about racism. Discuss themes with your child after watching if you watch it with them. I think that some may just go over their heads no matter what. Must-watch show for adults.

Wow u guys don't know how to rate anything

It's amazing so funny at certain parts the action is perfect and not very frequent swearing

Solid Successor

When I say it has great messages, that's not altogether true: it's actually full of mixed messages. If you've read the comic (which you should before watching the show), then you know that that particular story is very much about its complex sense of morality. This show has a particularly strong and almost unquestionably good lead character. Nonetheless, the show is fairly violent, briefly sexual and has generally mature themes. I would say that it's not as mature as the comic and not nearly as mature as the film adaptation of it. Of course, I've only seen the first episode, so it's just getting started.