Kid reviews for Wednesday

Wednesday Television: Poster image

Really depends on you :)

I think it is really good. The storyline is interesting and the acting is really good. I think it depends on the tolerance for your kids. There are some jump scares and the main monster is quite creepy looking along with some scary images such as a dead man with a broken neck, and we see missing body parts. Attacks are shown on screen but not in graphic detail. That being said I would recommend it from 13 and up :)
18 people found this helpful.

OUTSTANDING show- but the violence is a little much.

My mom and I absolutely loved this show. Despite its violence, it has positive messages, positive role models, a diverse cast, and absolutely outstanding production value. Below, I will list all things that parents and caregivers might want to be on the lookout for: *SPOILER WARNING* VIOLENCE: A car hits a flock of birds. A boy is bitten by piranhas in a swimming pool- it is later found out that he lost a testicle. A man is dismembered by a monster offscreen, later his decapitated body parts are seen in different parts of the forest. A farmer gets into a car accident, causing him to break his neck, it is seen twisted in an unnatural way with blood dripping down his shirt. An editor gets her hand caught in a mouse trap and is seen screaming. A man is fatally stabbed with a sword and seen falling off a building. Minor physical fights. Decapitated body parts are seen in jars (ex. Feet, kidneys etc.). A scene takes place in a morgue, showing few dead bodies- one with a gorily bitten off foot. A teen is shown being slashed in the stomach fatally by the monster, with blood dripping out. The monster may be frightening to some viewers. A character projectile vomits; if you have a gag reflex as I do, I’d recommend skipping the scene. Wednesday’s father is arrested for alleged murder. A character who is merely just a hand is stabbed in the palm with a knife and pinned to the wall- blood drips out. A character is stabbed in the stomach. SEXY STUFF: Parents kiss passionately. A character says that he “definitely did not walk in on a pillow fight” implying he walked in on characters having sex. Teens briefly make out. A character says she “walked in on a few vampires fanging”. LANGUAGE: A character gives the middle finger twice. The following swears are used: as*h*le, sh*t, hell, b*tch. A character uses the word “effing” and abbreviations such as “AF”. DRUGS, DRINKING, AND SMOKING: Subtle reference to pot and cocktails.

11 people found this helpful.

Vampires/Wear Wolves/Sea Mermaids/Telekinesis/Teen Life/ Hydes(Monster)/Serial Killer/The Addams

worth watching completely this was the best Netflix original I've ever seen. a couple of scary parts overall 1 jump scare. has a bit of making out and the violence is a bit gory. like 6 swear words but not even f, with tons of twists and surprises. I 100% recommend and don't worry it's not that scary only in a couple of parts and you don't have to watch the animated ones to understand.100% must watch. the disappointing thing is season 2 does not come out till 2024 :(.

11 people found this helpful.

Great Series, But Be Mindful

I loved this series! I found it incredibly interesting, and kept me wanting more! However, generally I don't do much violence, and this had TONS. I only continued watching because the characters and plot were amazing. If you or your child can't handle much violence, stay clear. There were multiple instances of brutally murdered bodies, blood, and murder scenes. This is definately not for the faint of heart. This series has great character development, and really makes you fall in love with Wednesday. There were so many twists throughout this series, it really kept me at the edge of my seat. Overall, a great series, and I hope they make another season. Just be weary of your limits on violence and act accordingly.

8 people found this helpful.

Pretty fun

This show is super fun and quite unique, Wednesday is played really well by Jenna Ortega- I wouldn't say the show is too bad for younger kids, but it kinda depends on the child's maturity. There are a few murder scenes, so as long as your child is fine with gore, i wouldn't recommend it as there are a few scenes where blood is shown, as well as one of the characters limbs being found around different places- and the monster is also pretty darn freaky looking so maybe google a photo first and check with a child if it looks like it might freak them out . There are also a couple of mildly awkward make out scenes with Mortica and Gomez, the parents, but i think thats sort of the point of those scenes, that Wednesday hates it. The show and jokes do seem to be made so that it can appeal to younger audiences though, obviously not too young, but i would say around the age of 11. Might push it slightly if you went any younger. The acting is also not always the best with some of the characters, and I personally found alot of it very cringey (they tried very hard to make it relatable to gen z, but are obviously not aware of how we actually talk and act lol) but i think it makes up for it with the acting of Wednesday and the cinematography- as well as it just being a show with well created characters , a good plot line and an interesting set design! Overall i would 100% recommend this show, especially if you like the Addams Family (Another thing is you dont have to have any knowledge of the Addams Family beforehand) and especially if you like Wednesday!

7 people found this helpful.

not too bad;)

It really depends on you. The show doesn’t have anything really violent besides the 1st and last episode and the only romance like things are the parents who are also only featured in 2 episodes and have about 5 minutes of screen time:)
6 people found this helpful.

Great show!

Super good show!! It depends on the child. They will be fine if they have watched Stranger Things and Hunger games and are fine with it. The violence is sometimes graphic and sometimes it shows body parts from humans that a monster ripped off. It also shows blood, and pictures of the mysterious monster and has some pretty suspenseful moments. The language is your typical teenage language and includes sh*it hell b*tch and goddamn. A character also does the middle finger twice. Wednesday is a pretty good role model considering how strong and independent she is. There is a bit of making out and Wednesday's parents have a VERY strong romantic connection. But other than that it's probably the best show I have ever watched! Can't wait for season two!

3 people found this helpful.

STILL WAITING FOR SEASON 2

Isnt all that scary, i have an eight year old brother and he watched it too. He didnt really get scared or get nightmares like he did for avatar. ok for more mature kids and maybe not for more sensitive kids cus there is still one jumpscare and some gory parts. hopefully season 2 can come sooner recommend 👍

Not Recommend to kids under 13+

It is great but I would not recommend to people that have triggers and epilepsy because it has blood swears and stuff like that but over all if you watch it find this helpful 😜

1 person found this helpful.

Kinda scary but a must-see, depends on how much your child can take!

Must-watch show! The storyline, plot and suspense is extremely thrilling and intriguing. There are a few scary parts; the monster is quite graphic and there a few gory scenes( a dead person's limbs are found broken, someone gets hit by a car etc.), however in my opinion, the suspense and thrill of the show overpowers all its other aspects.