Parent reviews for What We Do in the Shadows

Great dark humor and horror in worthy movie follow-up.

Adult Written byKiddo96 May 9, 2019

Hilarious light hearted satire

Being a vampire mockumentary there is a fair bit of blood but it clearly is all in good fun. Small amount of swearing and no nudity.
My 11 year old loves it.
Adult Written byAdam Bade January 23, 2021

Best tv show so far

I have not finished it yet but I love it so far it has a tiny amount of blood and a little bit of profanity but it is very fun and okay for kids
Parent of a 7-year-old Written byMacawa0904 September 13, 2020

Love this show

It's silly to the max. I love British humor so it is perfect for me. If you don't like dry and more slapstick type of vibe, this won't be for you. It's also filmed like the movie in a mockumentary style.

Nadja is hands down the best character. She is hilarious and 99% of the time the smartest person in the room. My household has gotten some fun 1 liner quotes from her.

I also like that sexuality is fluid and not ever addressed as a "thing". Since they live forever they have generally open relationships with any gender.

I don't like the common sense rating system. It is violent, has swearing, and has a lot of (mostly) implied sex, bit it's not meant for kids so I wouldn't say it has "too much" of those things. I also wouldn't say it has role models or a great message but if you want to find those types of messages you could justify your thinking.
Adult Written byBella M. July 28, 2020

FUN COMEDY MOCKUMENTARY

This show is a funny and enjoyable momentary about vampires. Small bits of profanity, no sex, no nudity. If you enjoyed the office then make sure to check this show out.