All parent member reviews for White Collar

Parent of a 17 year old Written byPC Doctor March 6, 2011

Not appropriate for anyone anymore.

I did love the show until Neal used God's name in vain. I have banned this show from our house.
Adult Written byholliecake February 15, 2010

Great score in my book!

I absolutely adore this show. I've watched every episode since it aired (i heart tivo) and the only "sex" i saw was when a girl visiting Neil pretended she was there having sex with him, but it was a cover to hide that she was visiting "something else" (spoiler!). There is no outstanding language use that comes to mind, and little to no violence. The only thing I can even think of to "keep in mind" is that it does "glamour-fy" theft. Just make sure your kids know that while the IDEA of being a classy, art-stealing guy sounds fun, its certainly not a career option
Parent of an infant, 7, 10, and 11 year old Written byYuMa February 5, 2010

Good show for parents to watch with kids

Adult Written bytolkien geek mi March 21, 2014

Mixed Messages

White Collar is a good show. It's well written. The characters are likable and creative. Agent Burke is a great role model, and for the most part, so is Neal. Regardless there's occasional sexual references, some mild language, and sporadic violence. Bear in mind, Neal Caffrey is a conman turned criminal informant…so there could be some moral dilemmas there.
Parent Written byshanerocks August 30, 2012

One of my favorite shows!!

This show happens to be a show that you can sit through with your OLDER TWEEN or your teen without getting worried of instilling something in their mind. It is an excellent show. One thing parents should know it is about someone who was a criminal and becomes an FBI agent. Bad role model. They are light references that kids would not understand.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bywondo March 7, 2010

Wonderful show! Superb acting and witty dialogue. Although the lead character is a convicted felon, his FBI partner is trying to change his ways. The main characters care for each other. The marriage between Peter(FBI agent)and his wife(El) is one of the best portrayed on TV. Watch it as a family...
Parent of a 12 and 15 year old Written bygabajoran February 5, 2010

When I looked at ratings for this show I noticed that only kids had reviewed it. As a parent, I'm always more interested in what other parents think of a show. Our whole family has watched White Collar since it's first episode. My youngest child is a 12 year old girl. The show is entertaining and has interesting characters. The FBI agent's marriage is often a topic in the show and portrayed well. The characters are honorable. The "bad" guy isn't really so bad and is actually quite likable. The show is mildly funny and there are twists in the plots to keep viewer interest. As family shows go, this one is a keeper for our family. Even my husband will watch it and enjoy it and he generally prefers DVDs of Gunsmoke and Hawaii Five-O more than current shows.
Adult Written bycrusader666 February 25, 2014

Exciting show and violence isn't very graphic

This program is exciting, funny at times, good acting and writing, and very creative. And, we must not leave out that character Neal Caffrey's wardrobe is pretty awesome! Yes, there is crime and some violence in this program, but compared to other stuff airing on TV these days, this is 1,000 times tamer than most other crime dramedy programs! Also, there are some good messages in this program that most people who commit crimes will be punished.