Kid reviews for WordGirl

Brainy heroine uses vocab to outwit bad guys.

Teen, 15 years old Written byVoracious Reader March 8, 2009

Believe it or Not

Believe it or not, this show is hillarious and funny. It's great to watch just for fun, even if you're not 5 years old. I'm 15. XD
Teen, 14 years old Written bydagnytheartist January 18, 2011
I watch this show with my little brother a lot, and I think it's good! Violence? There's almost no violence at all! The only time Wordgirl does more than tie the person up and send him to jail is when she's fighting Tobey's robots. She'll completely destroy them, and Tobey's mom will pull him away by the ear. It's funny! This show doesn't have annoying songs on it, or talk to YOU! It has enough little kid humor and big kid humor, so it attracts the whole family. They never say bad words or show blood or gross stuff, and they always make words a priority. To "Love2" who wrote the short review saying "the show is to vilont for a learning show. and having crushes????????? not apropreat!" you spelled both "violent" and appropriate" wrong. Sorry to be a grammar cop but if you're going to take the time to put up a review about a show called WORDGIRL, you should've atleast not spelled such simple words wrong. Wordgirl would be ashamed. The crushes, by the way, are the one Wordgirl has on Scoops and the one Tobey has on Wordgirl. They don't go any further than crushes and little kids aren't going to understand them, so why make a big deal? Older kids enjoy watching a show with some "romance" (or as close as ten year olds trying to get their crushes' attention is to romance), and it's still appropriate! No dating whatsoever. Hope this review was helpful.

Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2009

Favorite show, Builds great learning skills

Excellent show. Although my parents are a little iffy about it, (They don't like the fact that WordGirl lies all the time to protect her secret identity) I think its awesome. So fun and I find myself repeating the vocabulary maybe a little too much, enough to annoy my parents.

Teen, 13 years old Written by1irfanomer March 28, 2015

Awesome

I love word girl its funny and teaches kids vocabulary, but I dont find this show realistic (the bad guys are really stupid) and I also find wordgirl a party pooper with her word definitions and in general, but overall this show is awesome with the fighting and humor. Great for little children!

Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd November 17, 2012

kids + superheros don`t mix

the good guys are annoying especially the main character wordgirl,the bad guys are extremely corny,there`s no action at all whatsoever,and each episode feels like an hour long instead of 15 minutes and that`s at best
Teen, 13 years old Written byepicpenzzz February 13, 2016

This Show is Great!

I have been watching this show since I was little, and I love it so much that I enjoy it even now. The educational content isn't that great, as there are only 2 main vocabulary words per episode, but some of the social emotional learning is good for smaller kids. At some points, there is question of authority and some sassiness towards adults, but not to an extent of bad influence. There is a strong heroine which is great, and the violence is cartoon violence that you will find in most other shows. There are a tiny bit of elementary school crushes, but it's also in every other show you'll watch for kids. There is no swearing, and there are good lessons learned.

Teen, 15 years old Written byListennn August 17, 2015

Best Show For Kids

It's amazingly witty, clever, and funny, as some comedians actually work on the crew. The characters are interesting and so colorful, I love them. It really does teach vocabulary, and good words at that. Words that are important for communication. And it'll have you laughing too. Forget the too much violence reviews, those are so fake. There is barely any violence in the show, and if your kid picks it up then that's your fault for not raising a smarter kid. I also heard that it's apparently too sassy, yeah, no. It's not sassy, it's funny. And who ever is the parent of the child who told them to “Scram!” because she heard I on the show, that is really YOUR fault that your kid doesn't respect you, mkay?

Teen, 17 years old Written byDigiGoggleHeadBoy December 28, 2017

Great show!

Even thoe this show is for 7-11 year olds, adults love it too, never feeling too old for it. In fact I still watch it all the time on tv. Meet Becky Botsford, a normal 10 1/2 year old girl, but when a villain commets a crime, she becomes WordGirl! WordGirl uses her Super Strength, Super Speed, and Super Vocabulary to fight villains such as Chuck the Evil Sandwich Making Guy, Lady Redundant Woman, The Butcher, The Whamer, The Energy Monster, and Ryme and Reason. With Action, Excitement, and Fun who won't want to see this awesome show. Check out their website @ http://pbskids.org/wordgirl/

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

cool show!

I like this show very much. Even though this show is suppose to be for kids, there is alot of punching, kicking, tackling for example worgirl pucnhes and topples robots! or when wordgirl kicks a big metal box and it crashes into mr. big (a evil bank guy)or when huggy face tackles doctor two brains (a evil scientist with two brain! you can see some of his brain coming out... There is also alot of name calling and put-down words like pathetic, idiotic, loser,dumb stupid, lame, very sore loser, sucker, fatty, pest, and jerk. Even though I recommend you to wacth this show! (also very edducational!)
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

My friend here the kirbster thinks its very goooooooooood and me too.

This is a pretty good show but the thing I dont like about it is that they only show it on fridays. Thats the only thing I hate about it. THEre is plenty of action in this and yet it is kind of well lets just say its kind of stupid sometimes like the butcher. Hes a bad guy he uses meat for attacks. Then huggy eats all the meat. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. MEat
Teen, 16 years old Written byMaya16 August 8, 2015

Only superhero show that I like

I find this show very educational. There have even been some words that I have never heard of on this show. More engaging than spongebob or fairly odd parents. It is also entertaining and educational at the same time.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDarksouls444 September 11, 2014

Its next to arthur and fetch in learning

Its really great I watch it sometimes not constantly there is minimal to no violence there is crushes but its not really big its really small just 10/10
Teen, 16 years old Written byGregoryMccormick123 July 16, 2014

A great show for everyone.

WordGirl is sooo much different from the crap PBS Kids has to offer nowadays. It teaches kids interesting words, the animation is very nice, and it's fun to watch. I'm glad PBS Kids still has it. It's a lot better than the stuff they have now.
Kid, 12 years old December 17, 2011

Cuteness

I like how a villian is smitten by Wordgirl. He does it for her attention. This show is a funny and cute show for babies:D

Teen, 15 years old Written byGMWlife December 16, 2017

Martha Speaks is better.

OK, I have a lot of mixed feelings about this show. I like when Captain Huggy Face dances, that my favorite word, and the theme songs, and some of the episodes, but HOW do they not know that Becky is Wordgirl? I mean really, Becky is just dressed up in some custume. The show is plain racist: in the game show the black boy NEVER wins. It’s violent. Martha Speaks is a better vocabulary show for kids than Wordgirl. And, the worse thing about Wordgirl was the episode when Becky and Violet made fun f Ellen and the way that Ellen talked. They made fun of her r’s and l’s when she was first introduced, and Violet almost fighted with Ellen. No wonder that girl has mental issues. Toby and Ellen aren’t mentally well, but they are portrayed as “villians.” It would have been nice to see an episode where they got the help that they need. The love epidsode was so horrible with the love triangles.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybotsford January 15, 2017

Fun for EVERYONE!

I'm 15 years old and I go to high school but I LOVE this cartoon. I just started watching it last year, and it is so much FUN. The characters in the show have a lot of personality (which a lot of shows aimed at younger kids tend to lack) and the humor is fun and I just ADORE the setting, the characters... They teach the words in a very obvious yet subtle way. They usually define the word, use the word in a lot of their sentences and then show the word in action. I really think that kids, teenagers, and adults could all sit down and enjoy Wordgirl, it's really a delight to watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRistarFTW February 6, 2015

What Did I Just Watch?

This Show Isn't That Educational. It's Stupid. Now, I'm 12 And I Think For All Those Parents That REALLY Want Their Kid To Learn, This Show Is Probably The Best For Ages 8 And Up. Cause, I Saw Kids, Ages 10 And 11, Talking About Their Favorite Words. And Common Sense Says Age 5, But This Is Probably For Bigger Kids. The Animation, And This Is Actually Targeted At Tweens.

Kid, 7 years old March 16, 2014

Educational but Fun

There is a little scariness for the little one, but great for six year olds.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 April 29, 2012

I actually like it

This is a very good show. Nothing bad in it. Teaches kids certain words like "cumbersome" and "flabbergasted". There really isn't "violence" at all. I mean, she does hit people sometimes but not usually (and it's usually robots.) Usually all she does is dodge things, throw bad guys in jail, and tie people up. It's pretty entertaining :) and this is coming from a 14-year-old

Kid, 8 years old January 1, 2016

A heckuva lot better than THOMAS

This show is great influence...Not INappropriate for kids under 7, just barely understandable for babies. there's no bad words other than frickin, suck or h*ll, and most kids my age say MUCH worse things than those.