Kid reviews for World's Strictest Parents

World's Strictest Parents Poster Image

Why does this even exist?

I think this show is a complete insult to all children. Believe it or not I don't even agree with strict parenting period. I've studied a positive discipline approach for the past two years or so and I've seen some amazing articles. The world is full of toxic people with anxiety and emotional problems because of parents like this. I've seen clips from the show and I'm not too happy about it, it is just sick. If I have kids someday I'm going to make sure to keep them away from anybody that I know that is going to treat them with disrespect. And you think the kids in the show are disrespectful, that may be true but there's a reason behind that. Kids learn from watching the people around them, especially their parents. Parents are supposed to model for their children, that means treat them with respect from the time that they are born to the time they're all grown up. I know that might sound stupid to a lot of people but it's true, not only that, but it's scientific fact as well. We live in such a horrible world I don't even know why I'm still alive. every time my little cousins are around I get scared because I'm afraid somebody's going to hurt them, in this case being the adults that are around them. So yeah, don't ever watch the show, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes this show is absolutely ridiculous

A mixed bag really. Sometimes teens who need straightening get good families and succeed. Sometimes the teens need therapy more than discipline. Sometimes the families impose stupid rules. Forcing your non-religious teen to go to church and making only girls wear nothing but t-shirts because tang tops and shorts are somehow not modest enough is ridiculous. Some of the families limit the kinds of activities they can do. Like the friends they can have or the music they can listen to. Which would be okay if they were 5 or 6, but most of the teens are 16-18 years old. That's not kind of parental figure a teen that old should have. One of the family's parents GRABBED A TEEN BY THE ARM during an argument. That's no way to treat your child. Not to mention when imposing some of these rules, the parents just end up being hypocrites and not following their own rules.

An eye opener to teenagers

This show is educational and it helps teens fix their lives. Some sexual references, mild language, and a lot of drug and alcohol use. There is also some pushing, shoving and fights, but nothing that bad. It does have some messages of how teens can change and even save their lives. Overall it's ok for teens 13+

Bad messages about parenting

The story is taking badly-behaved teenagers and putting them with "strict parents" for a week to teach them a lesson, but both the teenagers and the people who watch the show are getting a horrible one. I have only seen a few episodes, but in one, the host father goes through the teenagers' previous text messages and ransacks their luggage. They do not give any privacy to their biologically children, and believe they are doing a good thing. This is not the kind of treatment that misbehaving teenagers should receive. This is far beyond discipline. These host parents treating them like criminals. This is how to instill fear, not respect. There is no way those teenagers are leaving that household without scars, and how about their biological parents? They're just going to drop their kids off with strangers and forget about them for a week? For long term change to happen, they need to change their techniques too. If they really cared about them, they would be trying to change their family dynamic not shipping them off then making money from them by publishing their stories. This show sends a horrible message about what is strict. These parents are not strict. Some of the behavior goes into abusive territory. Even some adults should not watch this show unless they can watch it critically.

Inspiring But a Bit Unrealistic

The troubled kids cuss, dress provactively, usually smoke and/or drink, and don't care about authority. The strict parents try their best to turn the kids around right from the start. They tell them house rules, might search their bags, get them to work, and treat them just like their own kids. Eventually the kids realize they need to change and that being good isn't so hard. I think the strict parents are great role models. Some of them are too extreme for my liking but I admire them for being able to raise a house full of kids without craziness. One thing that's bad about this show is, I doubt the kids really change after one week. I doubt they dumped their trouble friends, quit their addiction(s), and completely changed their lives. But it's still inspiring.

Good

This show-I have only seen it once- is very good. I have not seen it since, but I think it is a good message about respect toward adult figures in your life. I would have teens 13+ watch it. At about this age- but maybe a little younger- teens start to dissrespect their parents a little more. This show will show you how easily a family can get ripped apart by disrespect. But it also shows how hard it is to you've started. Whether it is just dissobaying common rules or bigger acts of dissrespect. Overall a good show. -katherine

My opinon

I think its good because it shows and tells our kids what can happen when they get older

me molesta q no sean justos

mi pregunta es porque si los padres son tan estrictos acerca de un pirsin porque su hija si puede tenerlos en la oreja y la muchacha q es su hija por la semana no?

very good messages at the end of show

its very thought provoking, so i think it would be very good for kids to watch. especially ones who dont behave or are rowdy etc... it shows that, though they may not change once home, that they may think more about their actions and how it affects others