Parent and Kid Reviews on

Yellowjackets Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 7 kid reviews

Sort by:

Great show, definitely for high school age kids

I think this show is absolutely amazing, the plot is interesting, the acting is great. It can get graphic at times, and I would say as long as your kid is mature enough to handle that then go right ahead.
2 people found this helpful.

I love this show and you will too!

I was thirteen when I watched this and fourteen right now as I’m writing this review. I absolutely loved the show because it really makes you think. There are so many parallels to be drawn between Greek mythology, the Bible, and history. The characters are fleshed out, relatable, and I enjoy seeing both the adult and teen versions. The mysteries are captivating, and I laughed out loud at some of the scenes! The acting is amazing and the storyline in season 1 is very good, although season 2 could have been better. I must admit, I’m a little desensitized to gore, so this show honestly didn’t shake me up or weird me out at all. I actually enjoyed how dark it was, with the cannibalism, murder, and cults. I would recommend showing this to your child if they are 13+ and mature for their age (seen some horror, has knowledge of lgbtq+ community, is able to deal with tough themes). If you aren’t comfortable with them seeing sexual imagery (jerking off, riding, fingering) then you can skip it because they don’t add anything to the story, except for the scene with Lottie, Nat and Travis. There is also frequent swearing and scenes involving coke, weed, and LSD This show is a good device for teaching about generational trauma, and womanhood. It really represents girlhood in such a raw and honest way. If you or your kid likes mysteries, horror, the occult, and adventure, then this show is for certainly for you! Enjoy 🩷

Good for teens

This is a good show for teens, some sexual scenes but you can skip over some if you don’t feel comfortable. Some graphic scenes about cannibalism and lots of gore. Im 13 and enjoy the show!
1 person found this helpful.

Great show for Mature teens!

It is a very good show with a very good storyline. To be honest, at parts, they could have made it a lot scarier and added more fear. There is Teen sex, Cannibalism, Very gory scenes and some pretty bad language. I would recommend this show to anyone who is 15+ and thinks they can handle it. It might be ok for a mature 13 or 14-year-old as well.

1 person found this helpful.

Good

This is really good but not for kids under 16 I really recommend this

1 person found this helpful.

Great show, way too gorey, just like 15 minutes in a girls leg gets snapped and the bone comes out. The show is super gorey and I watched the first episode and the beginning of the second and normally I can handle gore but it was so realistic and violent. Great show but idk If im gonna finish it for a while lol

Yellowjackets: Wait til you’re a bit older

Yellowjackets is a survival horror drama. I watched this at the age of 13 and I was personally a bit disturbed by the content in the show. The show contains lots of language, violence and sex. Violence is 4/5, there are instances of hunting, murdering, cannibalism, killing etc. Language is 4/5, lots of the word fu*k, a few of sh*t, he’ll, crap. Sex is 3/5, a few sexual references at the start and a few (some graphic) sex scenes. Some of this content depends on maturity but I definitely recommend to not try to watch this until the age of 15 if you do not like violence!