Parent reviews for You

You Poster Image

No not for kids

Be a parent don’t let your kids watch this! I seriously can not believe people would let 13/14 year olds watch these sex scenes/masturbation scenes . That’s actually quiet disgusting

4 people found this helpful.

Are sus

4 people found this helpful.

My Rating 18+

More sex scenes than I can count, Extreme use of language,Nudity in season 3,masturbation,Tons of violence,Main characters a stalker etc.

2 people found this helpful.

Good for ADULTS

Okay, I am 20 years old, and have friends who are in their teens who watch this show. Even as a 20 year old I even get disturbed by some scenes. This show is NOT for people younger than 18 years old. Not only is this show filled with sex, it's filled with rough sex. Sex scenes which sometimes show you too much in my opinion. It's a great show for an older audience. However if you are debating on letting your child watch this show, I STRONGLY advise you not to.

2 people found this helpful.

Dark but enlightening

I am a mother to three daughters ranging in age from 1 to 12 years old. Definitely not a show I would allow any of my kids to watch yet. The show centers around a stalker who initially to other characters comes off as slightly charming if a bit odd. But to the viewer we are shown that he is sinister. There are aspects to the character that people can relate to. The drive to find love and caring for others. Even if his ways of caring are psychotic. The show has sex references and drugs and while not overtly graphic still not something for younger viewers. It definitely does a great job at portraying the dangers that social media can have. Joe used social media to relentlessly stalk and learn everything about that object of his desires. And in this day and age with younger people sharing everything on social media I feel that allowing younger teenagers to watch this with parental supervision can lead to some enlightening conversations. But be aware of the extreme violence in this show.

1 person found this helpful.

are sus

+18

This show is very adulty

This show i would say is not that inappropriate i would say that i would rate this for 15 year olds and older this show comes from language,violence,sex,and substances

Interesting Stalker Thriller has depth.

YOU is a really good thriller. It's high on sex & nudity, though it's all simulated & nothing graphic. The violence too, is less but bloody. Also, the f-word is used only once is S01, but used frequently is S02.

Dark Horror for the 21st Century

Among typical American television "You" stands out in many ways. The story is original and riveting, with considerable suspense and a lack of predictability. The characters likewise are original and well crafted leaving viewers with a clear understanding of who the are. For myself the most intriguing part is the element of the 21st century world, creating an intense frightening atmosphere. The use of Facebook, Instagram, and constant 21st century pop culture references give the events an intensely personal feel. From an age and content perspective, I would not recommend this for under 18. As I said the 21st century element makes everything more personally invasive and real world. The violence is fairly graphic and there are numerous sex scenes, adult in nature despite the lack of nudity due to the dark nature of the story. I also would point out that there are no truly good people in this story. Beck is perhaps the most caring person present and she makes many questionable decisions throughout the story. The characters are personifications of obsession, arrogance, shallowness and vindictive entitlement. While well acted and written these characters are nowhere close to role model material. For young adults who enjoy a dark twisted story, I highly recommend this dark psychological drama. For those under 18 or squeamish of sex and violence however, this would be one to skip.